• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R2 - France 2-1 Denmark - Saturday 26th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Toinho said:

A nice big France win here will be good, if we somehow win that’ll make it a fun game next round. 

Denmark have a very good record against France, they beat France twice relatively recently. But on the evidence of their 1st matches at this World Cup, France looked much more impressive.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Denmark have to go all out tonight. 

Leaves it very intriguing for the final game between Australia and Denmark, whatever happens in this game.

I'd like to see Denmark continue their great record against France, but something tells me that France will win this match. Damsgaard and Lindstrom start for Denmark today though, which is an intelligent move by the manager. They both did well when they came on as subs in the 1st match against Tunisia.

• Administrator

And that's why Denmark will struggle to score. Cornelius has to be gambling there or sliding in to try and score from Kristensen's cross. Just stood stationary instead of reading the play.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

And that's why Denmark will struggle to score. Cornelius has to be gambling there or sliding in to try and score from Kristensen's cross. Just stood stationary instead of reading the play.

Cornelius is the weak link in this Danish line-up in my opinion. France had much the better of that 1st half, although Denmark more than held their own. Giroud's header was excellently saved by Schmeichel. We can never underestimate this Danish team though, plenty of very good players in the team. We will have to see who is more hungry in the 2nd half. Denmark really need the win, but a draw wouldn't be too bad from the perspective of both sides.

• Administrator

Superb from France.

Mbappe and Giroud link up perfectly with a 1-2. Mbappe finishes in style like all good strikers. 

Not all strikers will finish every chance. But they constantly get in the right positions to have a chance on goal.

• The title was changed to Group D - R2 - France 1-0 Denmark - Saturday 26th November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group D - R2 - France 1-1 Denmark - Saturday 26th November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group D - R2 - France 2-1 Denmark - Saturday 26th November, 2022
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Could have been three goals there just needs to put his head up and see the option to pass.

I'm happy he took the ambitious shot, as I have this on at a fiver... 

Mbappe or Eriksen to have 1+ shots on target from outside the box, over 2.5 goals and each team 10+ booking points @ 4/1

Mbappe is such a threat with his pace, energy and his great runs. Sure, he sometimes blasts efforts into the heavens, when he should do better, but he more than makes up for that with all the other opportunities he creates. He will probably be top scorer at this World Cup at this rate.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived