Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Denmark considering leaving FIFA along with other UEFA nations


 Share

Recommended Posts

Doubt anything will come out of it. 

Anyway, the most depressing part was reading that the current FIFA president has statements of support from 207 football associations out of 211, and is standing unopposed for the next election. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Doubt anything will come out of it. 

Anyway, the most depressing part was reading that the current FIFA president has statements of support from 207 football associations out of 211, and is standing unopposed for the next election. 

A lot of smaller nations, especially ones not in UEFA, are absolutely in favour of his plan to increase the size of the world cup.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A lot of smaller nations, especially ones not in UEFA, are absolutely in favour of his plan to increase the size of the world cup.

Might be wrong here, but something tells me it's not the smaller non UEFA federations, who're the cow to milk for FIFA. In other words, I doubt FIFA can finance themselves without the contribution of the UEFA federations, to be frank.

Edit: And the sponsor's money coming acquired because of their participation, of corse.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Might be wrong here, but something tells me it's not the smaller non UEFA federations, who're the cow to milk for FIFA. In other words, I doubt FIFA can finance themselves without the contribution of the UEFA federations, to be frank.

Edit: And the sponsor's money coming acquired because of their participation, of corse.

Oh for sure the big UEFA nations are FIFA’s cash cows, other than Brazil & Argentina.

Honestly I think a breakaway from FIFA might not be the worst thing in the world. I also think for as long as FIFA own the World Cup… I don’t think I can take statements threatening a serious protest too seriously.

But I do think this is PR and also Denmark & other UEFA nations wanting to look like they’re still standing up for their values after backing down on the protest armbands. It will probably give UEFA a bit more leverage, which tbh it should always have, over FIFA in the future… but I can’t see this seriously going anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Just like they left the world cup..... OHHHH YEAH

ding ding ding and that is the knock out.   If Germany get eliminated it will be another "Germany spit the dummy out the crib" scenario.   It reminds me of that kid that doesn't like how things are going so he picks up his ball and leaves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...