The better place to talk football.

Denmark considering leaving FIFA along with other UEFA nations

football forum

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Doubt anything will come out of it. 

Anyway, the most depressing part was reading that the current FIFA president has statements of support from 207 football associations out of 211, and is standing unopposed for the next election. 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Doubt anything will come out of it. 

Anyway, the most depressing part was reading that the current FIFA president has statements of support from 207 football associations out of 211, and is standing unopposed for the next election. 

A lot of smaller nations, especially ones not in UEFA, are absolutely in favour of his plan to increase the size of the world cup.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A lot of smaller nations, especially ones not in UEFA, are absolutely in favour of his plan to increase the size of the world cup.

Might be wrong here, but something tells me it's not the smaller non UEFA federations, who're the cow to milk for FIFA. In other words, I doubt FIFA can finance themselves without the contribution of the UEFA federations, to be frank.

Edit: And the sponsor's money coming acquired because of their participation, of corse.

8 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Might be wrong here, but something tells me it's not the smaller non UEFA federations, who're the cow to milk for FIFA. In other words, I doubt FIFA can finance themselves without the contribution of the UEFA federations, to be frank.

Edit: And the sponsor's money coming acquired because of their participation, of corse.

Oh for sure the big UEFA nations are FIFA’s cash cows, other than Brazil & Argentina.

Honestly I think a breakaway from FIFA might not be the worst thing in the world. I also think for as long as FIFA own the World Cup… I don’t think I can take statements threatening a serious protest too seriously.

But I do think this is PR and also Denmark & other UEFA nations wanting to look like they’re still standing up for their values after backing down on the protest armbands. It will probably give UEFA a bit more leverage, which tbh it should always have, over FIFA in the future… but I can’t see this seriously going anywhere.

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Just like they left the world cup..... OHHHH YEAH

ding ding ding and that is the knock out.   If Germany get eliminated it will be another "Germany spit the dummy out the crib" scenario.   It reminds me of that kid that doesn't like how things are going so he picks up his ball and leaves. 

Archived