• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group E - R2 - Spain 1-1 Germany - Sunday 27th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I am probably gonna eat these words like a pile of ashes but I have a sneaky feeling Germany will win this. 

Germany will be up for this match; it should be a really entertaining encounter.

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

I think Spain will turn up and leave Germany relying on goal difference for the last match.

Doesn't go down to head to head first?

Germany need at least a point today if that's the case.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Doesn't go down to head to head first?

Germany need at least a point today if that's the case.

Nope, goal difference then goals scored, then the head to head. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Nope, goal difference then goals scored, then the head to head. 

Japan have messed up by not getting anything today then. Good thing is that Costa Rica still having something to fight for.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Japan have messed up by not getting anything today then. Good thing is that Costa Rica still having something to fight for.

Yeah exactly. Hell of a lot depends on this game's result. But good thing is that its not going to be a dead rubber for any side in the group in the final game. 

I think a draw would put Germany in a strong position to qualify. Going into the final game they would be bottom but would probably fancy their chances against Costa Rica. If Spain beat japan they will be through. If japan win chances are Germany go out but if they draw it will come down to goal difference and I think Germany would fancy themselves to overturn it. I did have Germany to win this but I'm gonna go for a draw based on the earlier result 

Muller replaces Havertz. Will Germany look to cross a lot, Muller versus Rodri would of course favour Muller.

I think Spain will win they won't want to relax as if Germany get a result against them and then Costa Rica they potentially win the group.

Don't think Germany have enough quality in key positions just now,

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Would you look at that, another 0-0 at half time. 

Yeah a weird quirk of the tournament.

This one has been okay to watch to be fair.

Seen a lot of sides go quite fast and look to get an early goal within first 10 minutes. If it doesn't happen, then they settle and just take a bit of caution. Sadly some sides take it a bit too far (like Belgium the fuckers) and go overly cautious, getting shit-scared crossing the halfway line.

• The title was changed to Group E - R2 - Spain 1-0 Germany - Sunday 27th November, 2022
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Only Germany could end up in a position where they lose their opening two games and are still favourites to get through.

Yeah I hope Costa Rica can turn up like they did today and make it competitive, as opposed to the side that turned up against Spain. They can still qualify too if they win and Japan don't, or draw and Japan lose... 

• The title was changed to Group E - R2 - Spain 1-1 Germany - Sunday 27th November, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived