talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group E - R2 - Spain 1-1 Germany - Sunday 27th November, 2022

football forum

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

A very well taken goal at that.

I don't think Havertz or Muller score that. And Musiala missed a very similar chance shortly before the goal. 

Exactly right. 

The last 6 years or so for Germany has taught me so much about football, and given me a new appreciation for Messi and his peak time at Barcelona. 

No one else in that squad can combat for headers like Fullkrug, nor will they make the same number 9 runs, or hold up the ball like he can. He must start for Germany to look anything like their best.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Saying water is wet doesn’t make him the most knowledgeable Aussie ffs

what does that make @Toinho and I? Remedial freaks with delerium tremens?

Everyone knows my football theory is on point my guy. But that doesn't mean yours isn't ❤️

And I've still never read one of those wankstain books about it that were so popular 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Everyone knows my football theory is on point my guy. But that doesn't mean yours isn't ❤️

And I've still never read one of those wankstain books about it that were so popular 10 years ago. 

Well it doesn’t take a gronk to realise the application of the ‘false nine’ or whatever arbitrary wankery managers and football redditors like to use is a stupid idea because it worked exactly one time when it was the greatest player of all time, playing with some of the greatest wide forwards of that generation.

I get the idea of Havertz playing as a flase nine with Gnabry and Sane as his wide forwards but those two are idiots and by two I mean Sane’s IQ is barely above celsius room tempersture.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Well it doesn’t take a gronk to realise the application of the ‘false nine’ or whatever arbitrary wankery managers and football redditors like to use is a stupid idea because it worked exactly one time when it was the greatest player of all time, playing with some of the greatest wide forwards of that generation.

I get the idea of Havertz playing as a flase nine with Gnabry and Sane as his wide forwards but those two are idiots and by two I mean Sane’s IQ is barely above celsius room tempersture.

Gnabry has a bit of class about him but is still best with a striker. Yes, Sane is a fucking plonker. Room temp? Maybe in the arctic. 

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Weren't you saying Mbappe was overrated earlier? Most edgy Aussie goes to you.

I suppose when you watch Cristiano Ronaldo for a lifetime you’d get used to one player taking ten shots over the net for every goal.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Saying water is wet doesn’t make him the most knowledgeable Aussie ffs

what does that make @Toinho and I? Remedial freaks with delerium tremens?

Haha, I don’t choose to post stuff half the time. But my football brain was my biggest asset while playing I’ll take that over some forum comments…

• Subscriber

Those subs where great, still unsure why it took 25mins of the second half before he made them but fuck me. I still dont get why he tried Müller up front, its literally never worked for Germany before. Sane has to start if fit, Füllkrug should have started from match 1, Müller and Gündogan need to start on the bench, its that simple. Kehrer looked bad, try Klostermann or Hoffman thats my only other wish. 

Füllkrug

Sane      Musiala     Gnabry

Goretzka    Kimmich

Raum  Rüdiger  Süle  Klostermann/Hoffmann

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Obviously we have a big Werder contingent here, and they're a sympathetic club in general. But it's not about fan favoritism. If Nils Peterson or a cunt like Selke was the form striker we'd still want him started up front over the likes of the fraudulent Havertz or Muller, who despite scoring lots of goals, his position is literally to pop up in weird spaces created by a striker, not to lead the line at all. 

This is the funny thing with Germany, they've basically operated with a striker up front for what? the last 10 years anyways at least? Ive been watching the same with Bayern all fucking season. All of a sudden we start a striker in the middle of a rut of 4 draws and a loss and what happens? the attack looks fluid as fuck. Choups mother fucking Magoops. You cant tell me hes the lynchpin of that fucking team but thats the point, it almost doesnt matter who the striker is. They just need a god damn true #9 to lead the line. I Honestly think you start Musiala in Müllers place too, hes got to drop to the bench at this point. He was injured and not in form before all of this as well is a point that gets lost, Musiala's been better then both Gündogan and Müller and he should occupy the central spot where hes at his best. Flick trying his best to Jögi this damn team.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived