talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup 2022 Prediction League - Table Updates

• Administrator

A very strong round from pretty much everyone after the first set of fixtures completed. Everyone in double-digits and all but 5 of us getting at least 1 perfect score. But the star of the round is definitely @CaaC (John) - a score of 26 points takes him up to 1st but it was the FIVE perfect scores that got him there. @Redcanuck is joint top with him and also deserves a mention for amassing the same score.

A further honourable mention for @CaaC (John) for getting two predictions of the round, getting the goalless draws involving Denmark/Tunisia and Morocco/Croatia correct. Elsewhere, special shouts for the following:

@Happy Blue for also guessing Denmark 0-0 Tunisia; @Spike for Portugal 3-2 Ghana; @Gunnersaurus for Mexico 0-0 Poland and lastly @Honey Honey for also getting Morocco 0-0 Croatia.

USA 1-1 Wales was a common prediction, as was Senegal 0-2 Netherlands. Only 3 points separate myself in 7th all the way down to @DeadLinesman / @Thailand Yellows / @Gunnersaurus in joint 21st on 23 points.

Good scores also gained by @Lucas (23) / @Viva la FCB (22) and @Viva la FCB & @6666 (21).

A strong first round, and all could change by the time we reach Round 3, let alone the knockout phase of the World Cup.

Table after Round 1:

WC1.jpg

Don't forget to predict for Round 3 if you haven't done so already - https://talkfootball365.com/topic/17883-world-cup-prediction-league-round-3-29th-nov-2nd-dec-2022/

The Group Stage update after Round 1 can be found HERE

@Mel81x @Bluewolf @Lucas @Devil @DeadLinesman @6666 @Viva la FCB @Dan @Reluctant Striker @JoshBRFC @CaaC (John) @Toinho @Beelzebub @LFCMike @Spike @Thailand Yellows @Pyfish @N U F C @Redcanuck @Foxc1 @Michael @Batard @Harry @Gunnersaurus @londonerlilie @Happy Blue @Honey Honey @Rajabhat Rovers

• The title was changed to World Cup 2022 Prediction League - Table Updates
  • The topic was pinned
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Round 2 done and dusted in a flash. Some very surprising results to predict for...

@CaaC (John) remains top of the leaderboard and has a lead of 6 points. @Happy Blue / @LFCMike / @Toinho were some of the biggest movers and are now his closest challengers - all 4 players scored over 20 points.

@Beelzebub also moved several places, up from 24th to 9th with a score of 21 points.

@DeadLinesman and @Pyfish both next best with scores of 18. Only 6 points separate @Happy Blue in 2nd and @DeadLinesman in 13th.

Then a further 6 points from @Bluewolf in 14th down to @Honey Honey in 25th. 

WC2.jpg

Don't forget to pick for Round 3 if you haven't done so already! Deadline is 3pm (GMT) tomorrow! 

PREDICT FOR ROUND 3 HERE

• The topic was pinned
  • Administrator

Round 3 finished!

Some extremely good scores, others not so much :$.

@Redcanuck flies into first place with one of the higher scores of the round (22 points), going ahead of @CaaC (John) and @Toinho by the smallest of margins. @Rajabhat Rovers and @Harry also scored 22 and took them up to 10th and 15th respectively.

But the biggest score came from @Honey Honey, racking up those sweet, sweet points to go up to 12th. An extra shout for him for being the only one to correctly guess Australia 1-0 Denmark, and also a special shout for @Spike who also got a Prediction of the Round for perfectly picking South Korea 2-1 Portugal.

Other decent scores came from @Thailand Yellows / @N U F C (20pts) and @Toinho / @Viva la FCB / @Michael  (19pts).

Still all to play for even though we're nearly halfway through the competition - with so few points between places. For example, 5 points separate the top 6; a further 5 points from 8th to 18th.

WC3.jpg

• Administrator

The first knockout phase (Round 4) finished and included a couple of surprise results...

@Redcanuck remains top of the pile but his lead is now a slender one, with @Toinho just one point behind. Both Redcanuck and myself scored the highest of the round, with 16 points and that took me up to 13th.

As well as 2nd-placed @Toinho, @Michael & @6666 scored 15 points to take them up to 6th and 22nd respectively.

Good scores also came from @Happy Blue & @Reluctant Striker (14 points). Only 3 points separate myself & @JoshBRFC in 12 & 13th and the trio of @Dan / @DeadLinesman / @6666 in 20-22nd place. 

WC4.jpg

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Shouldn't I have 77,  61 +16

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

I got two perfect scores.

Sorry lads, will get this rectified. 

• Administrator

The scores may seem on the low side but there were only 4 games to predict for, and a couple of surprise scores within those!

With that being said, 3 players scored double figures, and the highest of those was @londonerlilie with 12 points - he also did well to be the only one to predict Morocco's 1-0 victory over Portugal perfectly. Next was @Lucas and @Dan who both scored 10 points and progressed up the table accordingly.

Special mention to @Thailand Yellows who got another prediction of the round and got Netherlands 2-2 Argentina spot on.

Looks to be a 3-horse race at the top with @Redcanuck still leading the way ahead of @Toinho and @CaaC (John)

Only 3 points separate @N U F C / @JoshBRFC / myself and @Devil / @Bluewolf / @6666 further down the table. 

WC5.jpg

***Don't forget, the league table could change dramatically after the Bonus Questions chosen pre-tournament are added on to the scores!***

• Administrator

Semi-final stage completed, one more round to go + the bonus questions to add at the end of the tournament.

The top 4 remain the same - can @Redcanuck hold on to his lead going into the final round?

Several members scored 9 points thanks to getting 1 exact score, predominantly the Morocco 0-2 France scoreline - @Redcanuck / @Happy Blue / @Lucas / @Pyfish / @Bluewolf / @DeadLinesman all top-scoring with that amount.

@JoshBRFC was the only one to predict the exact 3-0 defeat for Croatia and he, along with @Rajabhat Rovers / @Devil / @6666 / @Mel81x & @Reluctant Striker were the next highest scorers with 8 points.

Middle of the table is most bunched up; 3 points separate 9th place down to 17th.

WC6.jpg

• Administrator

All games completed and this is the table after Round 7! 

@Redcanuck is the winner and breaks the 100-point mark! he was one of only 4 that got a perfect score - the other 3 being @Michael@Viva la FCB & @6666 - all 4 getting Croatia's 2-1 victory over Morocco exact. 

@6666 top-scored with 10 and it meant he went into the top 10. 

@Toinho and @CaaC (John) round out the top 3. 

WC7.jpg

• Administrator

Now the League Table after Bonus Questions scores have been applied!

A reminder of how the points are allocated and how Group Stage/Tournament Winner/Top Scorer ended up...

• Group Stage
    • 1st and 2nd advance in correct order - 8 points
    • Both teams advance but in incorrect order - 6 points
    • Only 1 team advances - 3 points

• Top Goalscorer 
    • 12 points if player finishes 1st;
    • 8 points if player finishes 2nd;
    • 4 points if player finishes 3rd

• Tournament Winner
    • 15 points if team wins
    • 10 if team finishes 2nd
    • 5 if team finishes 3rd

Group A - Netherlands, Senegal
Group B - England, USA
Group C - Argentina, Poland
Group D - France, Australia
Group E - Japan, Spain
Group F - Morocco, Croatia
Group G - Brazil, Switzerland
Group H - Portugal, South Korea

Top Goalscorer:

1. Kylian Mbappe
  2. Lionel Messi
  3. Olivier Giroud/Julian Alvarez

Tournament Winner:

1. Argentina
  2. France
  3. Croatia

Here's the table after all of that is taken into account...

WCBQ.jpg

Congratulations to @CaaC (John) as his pre-tournament selections get him into top spot, just ahead of @Redcanuck!

@Toinho can take the honour of most points (66) for his selections - he was the only one to get Group D bang on with France & Australia progressing, while @Mel81x, @JoshBRFC & @Bluewolf can also pat themselves on the back for amassing 62 points which lifted them up the table.

Thank you to everyone for taking part. Hope you all enjoyed it :D 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Thank you @Stan for the game, I normally start off well with games like this then fizzle out and end up mid-table, I didn't think I would win it as I had France winning the World Cup Final and they lost but there you go. :)

Sorry @CaaC (John). Feel bad for doing this but I calculated your score wrong after adding the bonus questions. You should be on 151 as opposed to 161.

So @Redcanuck is still the winner.

Apologies mate! 

Archived