talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R3 - Wales 0-3 England - Tuesday 29th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Group B - R3 - Wales 0-1 England - Tuesday 29th November, 2022
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Henderson, Bellingham and Rice vs Wales. 

Embarrassing. Far too defensive. 

See, that's why I feel that despite Southgate doing well, it's why England will struggle to win a Euro or World Cup under him.

Going too defensive when it's not really needed.

A bit hypocritical considering we're 2-0 down, but you get what I mean.

And once again, as I say that, Rashford makes it 3-0.

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

See, that's why I feel that despite Southgate doing well, it's why England will struggle to win a Euro or World Cup under him.

Going too defensive when it's not really needed.

A bit hypocritical considering we're 2-0 down, but you get what I mean.

And once again, as I say that, Rashford makes it 3-0.

Yes, I think he might just go with the same starters vs Senegal. Like after Iran, it's difficult to drop anyone.

But any Q-Final they reach, it almost feels inevitable Dier comes in for Rashford or Foden.

Considering this was our first World Cup for some time and following the impressive second half against the US, I had some cause for optimism. Unfortunately, this has been very disappointing and hoped for more really.

Bale and Ramsey, despite their qualities, are done now. Think their injuries and lack of playing time as a whole has caught up with them.

Allen and James need to retire as well internationally as well. Allen is getting on and James...............less said about him the better.

Page as well needs to go. I can't fault him for getting us to the World Cup, but that's more to do with those quality moments rather than his tactics and gameplan.

Can't see me seeing us at another World Cup in my lifetime unfortunately. We have some decent players, but none that really stand out when compared to Bale or Ramsey.

37 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Considering this was our first World Cup for some time and following the impressive second half against the US, I had some cause for optimism. Unfortunately, this has been very disappointing and hoped for more really.

Bale and Ramsey, despite their qualities, are done now. Think their injuries and lack of playing time as a whole has caught up with them.

Allen and James need to retire as well internationally as well. Allen is getting on and James...............less said about him the better.

Page as well needs to go. I can't fault him for getting us to the World Cup, but that's more to do with those quality moments rather than his tactics and gameplan.

Can't see me seeing us at another World Cup in my lifetime unfortunately. We have some decent players, but none that really stand out when compared to Bale or Ramsey.

Think you’ll get good chances to qualify if they do expand the WC, which I’m pretty sure they’re going to

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Think you’ll get good chances to qualify if they do expand the WC, which I’m pretty sure they’re going to

Would be a massive mistake if they do, the quality is already stretched but its at its peak of david vs goliath moments

• The title was changed to Group B - R3 - Wales 0-3 England - Tuesday 29th November, 2022

I muted Danny Murphy last time I heard him. I may need to do the same with Gary Neville.

At the end of the day, Rashford has 3, Saka has 2, Sterling has 1, Grealish has 1 & Foden has 1. And Bellingham got 1. It should just be seen as good for England. No reliance at all on Kane for goals.

But Foden is nowhere near 'best player by miles' credentials the scraping finger nails down a blackboard that Neville & the closet Man City boys have him down as.

1 minute ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I muted Danny Murphy last time I heard him. I may need to do the same with Gary Neville.

At the end of the day, Rashford has 3, Saka has 2, Sterling has 1, Grealish has 1 & Foden has 1. And Bellingham got 1. It should just be seen as good for England. No reliance at all on Kane for goals.

But Foden is nowhere near 'best player by miles' credentials the scraping finger nails down a blackboard that Neville & the closet Man City boys have him down as.

There is a difference between best player and most talented buddy. I don't think Foden is Englands best player, but he is definitely most talented.  

Wales never laid a glove. Usually we'll have a little scare somewhere but nothing. They were beaten before they went on the pitch IMO because they never attempted to win the game and it was just a case of us being patient. It was clear upping the tempo after HT worked.

Got to credit Southgate because he's made two changes up top and they've banged tonight. I feel for Saka, assuming Rashford starts next game now, but equally he will be a great impact sub to bring on as the tournament progresses.

I'd give it a solid 7.8/10 performance for me. Always in control, defensively solid and when the first goal went in, it was like a release to cut loose.

Look, we've done what was expected, come top of our group. That was the minimum requirement and we've blitzed two teams, struggled against another. Now the real stuff starts.

Senegal are going to give us a real hard game I feel, can already visualise extra time or the dreaded penalties for that one. Hopefully we can squeak through and then we'll see.

19 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Foden was good and our best attacking player but it was very obvious Bellingham was our best player today. A cut above

A good day for England though at 0-0 late in the first when Allen turns and shoots on the edge of the box I wondered.

England huffed and puffed in the first even getting in each other's way as they tried to get a breakthrough.

Rashford's set piece broke the deadlock and then we never looked back.

Rashford will probably be seen as the MOTM for his brace though his touch was wayward at times.

Foden probably MOTM for me and good performances from Maguire and Bellingham.

Don't like James since his tackle on Kovacic and again he goes in late and nastily.

Ramsey did too on Henderson and I wondered if he would be on crutches fortunately not.

Liked seeing Rush on the punditry and to think he never made it to the World Cup. He wants Bale to stay as long as possible as an example to the next generation, have a feeling Bale might become a coach for Wales, we'll see.  

Though about betting on England 3-0 and Rashford to score yet did not as my betting was off leading up to this..........

Senegal here we come!

Wales was gash the entire tournament, bar 20 minutes against the USA.

England breezing through this group, as expected.

I don't see Senegal causing too much trouble to England, so I expect a somewhat comfortable tie next Sunday.

• Subscriber

Got to say I think other than Qatar, Wales were probably the poorest side at the tournament. A real end of an era feel about them.

Better from England but not having us as serious contenders until France are beaten.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Got to say I think other than Qatar, Wales were probably the poorest side at the tournament. A real end of an era feel about them.

Better from England but not having us as serious contenders until France are beaten.

Should we beat Senegal, France will most likely be our next opponent. 😀

Archived