talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R3 - Wales 0-3 England - Tuesday 29th November, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.00 (GMT)

1200px-Wales_national_football_team_logo       VS     1200px-England_national_football_team_cr

Venue - Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium, Al Rayyan

image.png

- England just need to avoid defeat to qualify
- Wales need to win by 3+ goals and hope that Iran/USA draw to qualify, or win by 5+ goals to go above England if either USA/Iran win

• The title was changed to Group B - R3 - Wales vs England - Tuesday 29th November, 2022
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wales world cup final right here. Even a Welsh win and England go through though, but would be behind the winner of Iran USA

Unless they draw. If they draw England would still be top. In fact we could loose 3.0 and still top the group if they draw. 

It will be interesting to see if Southgate makes a couple of changes, or lots of them. As in giving most of the squad a game.

I fully expect the best of Wales. A highly frustrating 0-0 is not at all unlikely.

Not sure Netherlands, Ecuador or Senegal would be much of any great difference. The biggest motivation for whatever England team we see could be making points around all the bad loser/drawer gas there's been.

Expecting a low block and long balls from Wales, I really hope Mason Mount is dropped now. He offers the team nothing in general, has offered the team less than nothing in the last two games and is definitely a player who benefits from being a starter at a traditional top 4 club.

I'd like to see:

Kane

Grealish - Foden - Sterling

Henderson - Bellingham

Shaw - Maguire - Stones - Trent

Pickford

Ultimately we just need a draw to go through and top the group so I'm not too confident we'll see a team that attacking, but I think it's time Foden and Trent both got game time. Less from Rice the better imo.

13 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

It will be interesting to see if Southgate makes a couple of changes, or lots of them. As in giving most of the squad a game.

I fully expect the best of Wales. A highly frustrating 0-0 is not at all unlikely.

Not sure Netherlands, Ecuador or Senegal would be much of any great difference. The biggest motivation for whatever England team we see could be making points around all the bad loser/drawer gas there's been.

In the long run I think finishing second in this group is the best course to get further to the final...but you can't play tournament football hoping to finish 2nd.

18 hours ago, Danny said:

Expecting a low block and long balls from Wales, I really hope Mason Mount is dropped now. He offers the team nothing in general, has offered the team less than nothing in the last two games and is definitely a player who benefits from being a starter at a traditional top 4 club.

I'd like to see:

Kane

Grealish - Foden - Sterling

Henderson - Bellingham

Shaw - Maguire - Stones - Trent

Pickford

Ultimately we just need a draw to go through and top the group so I'm not too confident we'll see a team that attacking, but I think it's time Foden and Trent both got game time. Less from Rice the better imo.

Yes, I think Henderson can just hurry everything along, which could help Bellingham. And maybe work against Wales apparent weakness. Swapping out Rice & Mount would certainly get my vote.

I'm sure Kane is carrying something, or had 1 of those injuries where he'll never really be quite the same. Any pace he ever had has long gone. But maybe needs a goal more than a rest.

It may not be far off what Southgate goes with.

16 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Drop Mount and play Foden or Grealish. I'd also be tempted to put Rashford on for Saka considering how poor Saka was against the US - but I do wonder if the squad was told to play for a draw against the US.

After seeing the manager and team post match interviews it did feel like the message was not to lose rather than to win

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Bellingham can play as an attacking mid no?

Think he could have been more adventurous. Didn't need to play Rice AND Henderson even if Bellingham is played further forward. 

Same HT score, but a much better performance from England than vs USA.

Henderson just might keep his place for whatever is ahead. Phillips, Gallagher & Mount almost like-for-likes too, if it works.

On another day Rashford & Foden have us 2 up. I don't mind too much seeing a stray pass here or there. Because a few times it will work out.

• The title was changed to Group B - R3 - Wales 0-3 England - Tuesday 29th November, 2022

Archived