talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B - R3 - Iran 0-1 USA - Tuesday 29th November, 2022

football forum

Just now, 6666 said:

As explained in a different topic, that's a stupid conclusion to arrive at in my opinion.

People are capable and are talking about the protests in Iran irrespective of whatever's happening at the World Cup. "Sports washing" as a concept, even if governments desperately believe in it, is nothing as it doesn't work.

I'm also not against politics in football if the footballers are putting something out there and they're not unfairly demonising others. In this situation, the players had nothing to do with it, they were just blindsided by the social media team doing something. And they were unfairly, even if inadvertently, painting the Iran team as the villains in the context of the match which is "USA v. Iran".

I think we'll just have to agree that we both think the other has arrived at a stupid conclusion.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Group B - R3 - Iran 0-1 USA - Tuesday 29th November, 2022

USA dominating. Their midfield is much better - Iran's midfield is probably it's weakest part of the side & the US has quite a good midfield tbh. They've got pace up front to threaten a defense that isn't getting much protection. And their defenders have done a good job isolating Azmoun and Taremi.

Quieroz needs to play some very not-Queiroz football for Iran to have a chance.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

USA are pretty meek up front. Relying on a bloke that’s relegated two clubs is poor. 

If they had better strikers they’d be a lot better of a side, for sure.

They seem to tire relatively quick though. Ran out of steam pretty early on against Wales, looked great for about 70 minutes against Iran and then let Iran try throwing everything at them.

I think this States team is building nicely for their home World Cup in 4 years time, they will be miles better than in '94.

They do miss an out and out striker but they play well as a team. Tyler Adams is having a phenominal tournament and with the likes of Weah, Pulisic and Aaronson, they have a good nucleus there.

I have a really funny feeling they might beat the Netherlands. They've been so unimpressive for me that I think the energy and fight that the USA have could be enough to nick them a win.

Gatpo is growing in this tournament and scored another good goal today.

Pulisic is so important for the US think he must be on pain killers as he seems to wimp out for CFC at the earliest opportunity.

Pulisic for the US reminds me of Bale for Wales.

The Netherlands will be a tough match and to hard to call.

Archived