talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C - R3 - Poland 0-2 Argentina - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

football forum

Fair play to Argentina, the tournament feels better the longer they are in it with the atmosphere they create.

Going to be really interesting for them now. It seems they are warming up nicely. Got a very nice looking tie v Australia next round and potentially USA or Holland after. You'd take that if you were them, especially how lethargic Holland have looked.

But above all else, Messi's last dance at the World Cup continues. If we can't do it, I hope for Football's sake, he does.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Oh my fucking god. Just saw the pen. Fraud, absolutely, and I spit on Lucas for wishing Messi scored from it. Fuck that.

Is it as bad as the embarrassing Portugal penalty against Uruguay?

Argentina looked good and probably should have scored 5.

Perhaps Poland were playing for the draw and then could not change, not sure.

The penalty incident was bizarre, Messi heads it off target and then gets the keepers hand in his face so why a penalty?

Surely just a yellow card or warning to the keeper.

Glad Argentina did not score from the penalty yet confused on the VAR decision, am I missing something?

• Subscriber

Some of these VAR decisions have been absolutely mind boggling. What's the point of having VAR if these are the conclusions they come to with absolutely all of the information, all of the angles, full speed & slow motion. Its atrociously inconsistent. 

I still think the Witsel non penalty call against Canada is the worst of the bunch but how can there be this many shit calls. 

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They're both fucked, and fuck fifa. 

If Messi wants to win the world cup, he and his team can fucking earn it.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That and the Uruguay one are two of the most shocking penalties I’ve seen in a good while. 

I had a look and I can’t disagree. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

That reminded of the penalty given to Portugal vs Ghana in a play involving Ronaldo. 

The fact it was Messi definitely influenced the decision. 

I'm now completely convinced these aren't coincidences. The three biggest nonsense decisions in the whole thing have fallen to Messi or Ronaldo. What a huge coincidence.

An excellent performance by Argentina, Messi and Alvarez were superb. The general passing and movement was very impressive by Argentina and they've earnt their position at the top of the group. The reward for Argentina is a match in the Round of 16 against a dogged Australian team. That should be an entertaining tie as the Aussies are bound to rough the Argies up as much as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a fair few bookings for both sides in that match.

For Poland, they advance as well, where they will play France in the next round. Lewandowski remains Poland's biggest threat, given his world class abilities. However, I think that Szczesny also deserves a shout out, as he has been excellent for Poland so far at this World Cup. He has made some excellent saves and has also remarkably already saved 2 penalties against both Argentina and Saudi Arabia. He will have to be on top form again, when Poland plays France if they want to reach the quarter finals.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If by playmaker you mean 'his team get penalties because it's Messi so technically he's creating goal scoring opportunities' then yea, til he's 60 mate.

Did you watch the rest of the game? 

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It was a joke. Everyone takes jokes on Messi harder than BBCs. 

He is nowhere near the player he was however, and should probably head to the US soon.

He should play in Argentina

Archived