talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group C - R3 - Saudi Arabia 1-2 Mexico - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.00 (GMT)

Mexico_national_football_team_crest_(202       VS     Saudi_Arabia_Football_Federation_logo_(2

Venue - Lusail Iconic Stadium, Lusail

image.png

- Saudi Arabia can qualify with a win, or a draw and hope Argentina lose/Poland lose by more than 3 goals
- Mexico have to win and hope Poland win, or Poland lose and the GD is overturned by 4 goals

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I feel like this game will be more exciting than Argentina/Poland as both will feel like they can get at the other. Last chance an Asian team really has to get to the next stage.

Don't rate Australia or Japans chances? Germany are too prone to picking shit teams with Sule at RB and no striker for me to be confident, and Australia are one pretty mild upset away.

19 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Don't rate Australia or Japans chances? Germany are too prone to picking shit teams with Sule at RB and no striker for me to be confident, and Australia are one pretty mild upset away.

Japan fucked themselves over by not getting anything from Costa Rica. Would have loved to seen that kit in the knockout stages.

And I'll be honest, wasn't thinking of Australia as an Asian team but from a football perspective, I guess they are an AFC side. A draw definitely isn't impossible so I wouldn't say it's unlikely but Denmark winning is still more likely. The Danish team is boring as hell compared to their team at the Euros so hopefully Australia can hang on. Would be good to have all the federations represented in the knockout stage.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Machado said:

Bookies have counted out Saudi Arabia here but I think this is a 60/40 game for them.

I reckon Saudi Arabia will win.

I've seen nothing from Mexico to make me think it'll be easy for them. 

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

The crowd are definitely much better when Saudi Arabia are playing. Good game but no big chances.

It became very scrappy and messy for the last 10-15 minutes. Lot of fouls and stop/start not making for a good flow of the game. 

• The title was changed to Group C - R3 - Saudi Arabia 0-1 Mexico - Wednesday 30th November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group C - R3 - Saudi Arabia 0-2 Mexico - Wednesday 30th November, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group C - R3 - Saudi Arabia 1-2 Mexico - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

Even that world class free-kick goal from Chavez, wasn't enough to see Mexico qualify for the next round with their 2-1 win over Saudi Arabia. But the Mexicans gave it their best shot and they have Ochoa's penalty save from Lewandowski in their first match to thank for even giving them a chance of qualifying coming into this final group much. But alas it wasn't to be for the Mexicans, and they leave this World Cup, having shown the world that they have an excellent free-kick taker in Chavez. He demonstrates great technique, when he whips in those free-kicks at goal.

For Saudi Arabia, they surprised everyone with their impressive goals in their 2-1 win over Argentina in their first match. They then held their own against Poland and Mexico despite narrowly losing both games. Their captain Salem Al-Dawsari certainly left his mark though, scoring 2 goals and generally being the main creative figure in their team. But both Mexico and Saudi Arabia bow out, with Argentina and Poland advancing to the next round.

Archived