talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R3 - Australia 1-0 Denmark - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

1200px-Australia_national_football_team_        VS      1200px-Dansk_boldspil_union_logo.svg.png

Venue - Al Janoub Stadium, Al Wakrah

image.png

- Australia have to avoid defeat to qualify. If they draw, they need Tunisia to avoid a win by more than 1 goal
- Denmark have to win to qualify

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Denmark are going to throw everything at this and I think they'll win today. I'd love the Aussies to win this but I can't see that happening.

I hope they're playing someone else today. They'll be tired for tomorrow.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I hope they're playing someone else today. They'll be tired for tomorrow.

On a more serious note, whats the expectancy at home? That you'll will win and go through or is this something folks don't really care about?

10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

On a more serious note, whats the expectancy at home? That you'll will win and go through or is this something folks don't really care about?

Depends where you are in the country, but being out Saturday night before, during and after the game versus Tunisia, there was a decent amount of excitement, a lot of self-proclaimed non soccer fans were interested.

Participation wise Soccer destroys the other major codes, media wise we get very little to no coverage, I've seena  bit more now, some hyped up, some not giving justice. I don't think it's expected that we will go through, but tbh I have avoided mainstream commercial media for a long time.

Denmark didn't impress me in their opening match against Tunisia, but they played much better against France despite losing. This should be an interesting match as Australia were excellent against Tunisia. I think Denmark have the slight edge in this game, but you can never underestimate Australia, with the amazing spirit that they have.

On 29/11/2022 at 19:05, Michael said:

Denmark didn't impress me in their opening match against Tunisia, but they played much better against France despite losing. This should be an interesting match as Australia were excellent against Tunisia. I think Denmark have the slight edge in this game, but you can never underestimate Australia, with the amazing spirit that they have.

I have never. Ever. Seen this amazing spirit people harp on about. They took a lead against france then rolled over. They took a lead against Tunisia and were easily second best for the remainder of the game. 

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Denmark looking very comfortable. 

If they themselves had better attacking quality, they'd probably be ahead. Their final ball is lacking, and Braithwaite doesn't really get into the best areas to score. 

Skov Olsen has probably been Denmark's best outlet. 

Despite their comfortability, Ryan hasn't had to make any big saves.

• The title was changed to Group D - R3 - Australia 1-0 Denmark - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

Archived