• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R3 - Australia 1-0 Denmark - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

football forum

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I have never. Ever. Seen this amazing spirit people harp on about. They took a lead against france then rolled over. They took a lead against Tunisia and were easily second best for the remainder of the game. 

Just a constant negative cunt. Jesus christ. Proved wrong again tonight lollll

1 minute ago, Spike said:

@Toinho

I could kiss you ❤️

Let's make it happen.

TBH no one expected much from this side, but there IS a spirit, a fight, and no sane person could deny it after tonight's performance. Denmark lacked a cutting edge essentially the whole tournament, but that's not our fault. We played to our strengths, and it is an incredible achievement. 

• Subscriber

I did think this could potentially be a bad matchup for Denmark. They lack the attacking firepower and they rely on the type of attacks that Australia are built to absorb. Congratulations to Australia though, got to be one of the least recognisable squads they've ever had and they've become the story of the tournament. Quite fitting given they should be hosting it.

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

Just a constant negative cunt. Jesus christ. Proved wrong again tonight lollll

Proved wrong about what? 

Don't rate Australia or Japans chances? Germany are too prone to picking shit teams with Sule at RB and no striker for me to be confident, and Australia are one pretty mild upset away.

That's me responding to 6666 saying no asian team would make the next round. 

I don't think any kind of 'magical spirit' had anything to do with it. Australia never get comeback wins, they rarely upset teams at the world cup (4 wins in 5 WCs and 2 of them were mildly surprising, Serbia and Denmark)

Good on them for going through. 

Archived