talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - R3 - Australia 1-0 Denmark - Wednesday 30th November, 2022

football forum

Another determined and admirable performance from Australia. They really battle so hard and get rewarded for their intelligent play going forward. Leckie's goal, what can we say? He took his chance beautifully and Australia deservedly defeated Denmark. Australia amazingly qualify for the next round, when some people on here were writing off their chances before their qualifying play-off match against Peru. The Aussies are playing excellently as a team unit and battling for every ball when they play. I don't think that the Aussie fans can expect any more from them, they've been excellent.

Denmark have really been the disappointment at this World Cup. I really expected more from them, given their excellent performances at the Euros in the summer of 2021. Their form this year, coming into this World Cup was excellent as well. But despite the very talented players that they have, I think it is very obvious, that they are missing that top class striker who is able to put the ball in the net on a consistent basis. For all the impressive creative players that Denmark have, they need a classy striker who is able to put the ball in the net and finish off the chances. It's personally sad to see Denmark bow out, but really, they only have themselves to blame. Drawing with Tunisia and losing to Australia are not results that they would have expected.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived