talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joe Hart Signs for West Ham (on loan)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky will no doubt say their sources have said that Hart is close to joining, mug punters will lump money on it on SkyBet, SkyBet will then suspend betting, all talk of Hart joining West Ham will end there, Hart will join someone else and Sky will be richer for it. 

14 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sky will no doubt say their sources have said that Hart is close to joining, mug punters will lump money on it on SkyBet, SkyBet will then suspend betting, all talk of Hart joining West Ham will end there, Hart will join someone else and Sky will be richer for it. 

Surely this is illegal?

• Administrator

why did they drop Adrian? Am I the only one that rated him :/ ? 

(I did hate that he got away with moving off his line so far on penalties though)

2 hours ago, Stan said:

why did they drop Adrian? Am I the only one that rated him :/ ? 

(I did hate that he got away with moving off his line so far on penalties though)

I was adamant we would sign him before Sam retired.

He strikes me as a solid 7/10. Good steady acquisition but not the type of the guy that would help you push on to the next level. 

1 hour ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

Say hello to the new Robert Green, same as the old one but this one is a lot more expensive.

Slightly harsh I think. Joe Hart in his prime won The Premier League twice. In stature I'd have him a level behind David Seaman, and Robert Green (who had a good career) wouldn't be on the same grid as him.

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I was adamant we would sign him before Sam retired.

He strikes me as a solid 7/10. Good steady acquisition but not the type of the guy that would help you push on to the next level. 

Adrian? He's always struck me as the total opposite to steady. Amazing one week, horrendous the next. He's very eccentric.

4 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Slightly harsh I think. Joe Hart in his prime won The Premier League twice. In stature I'd have him a level behind David Seaman, and Robert Green (who had a good career) wouldn't be on the same grid as him.

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Hart has definitely achieved more than Green, you'd probably rank him somewhere between Seaman and James.

I understand the argument but Robert Green never played for a team as good as Man City in his prime like Hart did. When you have that quality in front of you it makes a bit of a difference.

4 hours ago, Saturdays Are For The Boys said:

I understand the argument but Robert Green never played for a team as good as Man City in his prime like Hart did. When you have that quality in front of you it makes a bit of a difference.

Robert Green was never good enough to play for a side not batting promotion. Though prior to his world cup clanger he could be a fantastic shot stopper.

I like Adrian, think he's a decent keeper.

Hart has been poor whenever I've seen him last 18 months or so - think being completely binned off by Guardiola has knocked him a bit. Hope he finds his feet again soon.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

Adrian? He's always struck me as the total opposite to steady. Amazing one week, horrendous the next. He's very eccentric.

Spot on. I'd say 1 bad in every 3-4 games. And when I say bad I mean absolute shocker.

• The title was changed to Joe Hart Will Have West Ham Medical On Monday

Handling is suspect and at times, he does some daft things instead of doing the basics. But all in all, he's still one of the better keepers in the league.

It's also a good job for West Ham that he's a great shot stopper because I have a feeling he'll be getting plenty of practise with that leaky defence.

Hart obviously didn't do as well as many thought at Torino.  Nobody placed a bet on him in Serie 'A' during a summer where there's quite a bit of money being spent compared to other summers.

I personally think Joe Hart is good, but very overrated...  Or at least was at one point!  There are better English keepers than him.

47 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hart obviously didn't do as well as many thought at Torino.  Nobody placed a bet on him in Serie 'A' during a summer where there's quite a bit of money being spent compared to other summers.

I personally think Joe Hart is good, but very overrated...  Or at least was at one point!  There are better English keepers than him.

Interesting. Who do you have in mind?

Hand on heart, you are surely joking if you consider Heaton, Foster or Forster to be better I'd have thought. All have had decent seasons for sure but neither have performed as high a level as Hart.

And of the two most promising keepers we have, Butland missed a large chunk of the season and has yet to be tested at the highest level whilst Pickford, who looks a fantastic prospect, is still very early to say he is considerably better than Hart. He's had one professional season. But he has started his career very well.

I would say Hart's level has certainly dropped from a few years ago but I don't think it helped that there was a serious lack of competition for his place at club or International level IMO. For me, he is still the best English keeper in the country until someone regularly shows they are better.

Archived