talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group H - R3 - South Korea 2-1 Portugal - Friday 2nd December, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

1200px-Korea_Republic_National_Team_Logo           VS       1200px-Portuguese_Football_Federation.sv

Venue - Education City Stadium, Al Rayyan

image.png

- Portugal just need a draw to finish top
- South Korea have to win and hope Ghana lose, or win by more than 2+ goals if Ghana draw

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting XI

- Diogo Costa; Dalot, Pepe, António Silva and Cancelo; Rúben Neves, Vitinha, Matheus Nunes and João Mário; Ronaldo and Ricardo Horta.

Would have rested Pepe for this game, considering he came back from an injury. 

I think António Silva will do well. He has been great this season and the fact he's only 18 is not a worry. Vitinha should be good as well.

Surprised to see Ricardo Horta. Would have put André Silva instead.

Let's clinch the top spot and avenge 2002. 

0-3

• The title was changed to Group H - R3 - South Korea 0-1 Portugal - Friday 2nd December, 2022
  • The title was changed to Group H - R3 - South Korea 1-1 Portugal - Friday 2nd December, 2022

I'm happy for Korea. I wrote somewhere else I wouldn't mind losing this game if it meant they qualified.

Enjoyed watching Vitinha, Pepe and Dalot. Everyone else was trash to be honest.

Ronaldo particularly annoying and wasteful. Having a moan when he came off too, like a proper captain...

• The title was changed to Group H - R3 - South Korea 2-1 Portugal - Friday 2nd December, 2022
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Machado said:

Ronaldo particularly annoying and wasteful. Having a moan when he came off too, like a proper captain...

Think it was you who said that Portugal operate better without him and I am seeing what you mean.

35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think it was you who said that Portugal operate better without him and I am seeing what you mean.

His first half was similar to Lukaku's performance last night, except he moves and finishes even worse.

That's not our only problem though. Plenty of out of form players. Neves is a joke of his former self. Leão's attitude is weird, doesn't seem to play for the team, so I can see why he doesn't start games.

Back to Ronaldo though, he was bearable when he scored 50 goals a season, now all we're left with are his pathetic antics.

Bernardo and Bruno Fernandes for instance are both 28. It's sad that they'll be 32 come next world cup, probably having accomplished nothing for the national team, and possibly retiring from the national team shortly after Ronaldo. I don't even have a problem with 'old' players at all, specially when they're not a liability, like Pepe, who is easily still our best center back.

We seem to be wasting a good generation of players in the hands of a very questionable manager who seems to bow down to one player.

I find it hard to get behind this team these days.

Most players didn't seem arsed about the game, which is pathetic.

We score goals and, instead of our players showing more spirit and determination, it has the opposite effect.

Switzerland will be, by no means, an easy opponent. We have more quality, but they have showed they can upset better teams than them. 

Archived