talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How to Speed up Football Manager 2023

football forum

Here's a couple of tips to speed up any version of FM as people seem to have difficulty playing this on a yearly basis.

I'd try the following in the below order until you're playing the game at a pace that you're happy with:

Go Preferences -> Advanced -> Interface -> scroll to 'Competition Screen' -> change 'Landing Page' to 2 or 5 seconds.

This way the game skips to the next day without you having to press any buttons if you haven't touched anything.

I'd turn this off during the transfer window though as it can be pretty easy to miss notifications in your inbox.

Go Preferences -> Advanced -> Interface -> Tick 'Use caching to decrease loading times'.

This immediately speeds the game up as it saves all the graphics you use instead of loading them every time.

You'll need to untick this every time you want to introduce new graphics though.

Go Preferences -> Advanced -> Match -> Graphics Quality

Ideal for older laptops. Trust me, when it comes to FM you're not missing out much quality graphics when it comes to the match game.

Go to Detail Level and change International Competition Detail Level to minimum.

Unless you enjoy watching all the international qualifiers of course.

Download the Super Speeder

FM Super Speed 2021 | FM Scout - I haven't tried it but apparently it speeds loading times by 500x. 

(Out of FM) Go Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> Steamapps -> Common -> Football Manager 2023 -> Data -> Game -> Movies -> Remove Splash_fm

This removes the loading screen and speeds the game up.

Maybe move the folder as opposed to delete incase something goes wrong.

Make sure 'use caching to decrease loading time' is ticked in preferences

There's other more obvious things you can do that i've not mentioned such as delegating more tasks to staff, only viewing key highlights, removing leagues, reducing database size etc.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived