talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Sign Bonucci For €40m

Honestly, thats not a great squad. They have a quality backline but the midfield and forward line still need work. of course this will probably be a transition year and next season they'll properly challenge Juventus but for now its only good enough for top 3. Not saying Silva, Suso, Calhanoglu are bad. Silva impressed me at the confederations cup and Suso has had good moments in Serie A last year. Neither to me seemed good enough to properly challenge Juve and its certainly not better than Napoli's frontline. Calhanoglu I can't speak for, I know as much as he is good at free kicks but I think I've seen him only once or twice. I refuse to guess. I also don't like the midfield much. Bonaventura is a normal midfielder and Kessie is a bit overrated. 

I think they'll finish 3rd or 4th the way things are looking right now. If they don't get Aubemeyang, they'll draw a lot of games. They will be assured of clean sheets, its just the goals that I'm concerned about for them.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/07/2017 at 8:12 AM, Lucas said:

Would be good to see Milan back on the map. Serie A needs the competition desperately.

The champions league has missed  them as much as it has Liverpool. 

AC Milan have signed Italy defender Leonardo Bonucci for a reported 40m euros (£35.1m) from Juventus.

The 30-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the 18-time Serie A champions who have spent about £160m this summer.

Milan coach Vincenzo Montella said: "Technically, I think that he and Sergio Ramos are the strongest central defenders in the world."

Meanwhile, Juve completed the signing of full-back Mattia de Sciglio, 24, from Milan for £10.64m.

A statement on their website said: "Juventus are adding a player with versatility, skill and an international pedigree."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40609593

• The title was changed to AC Milan Sign Bonucci For €40m
3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I know these aren't your words mate, but he and Sergio Ramos? xD Since when scoring a bunch of headers makes you a great defenderxD Some people are just too much...Ramos is great going forward, but when it comes to his actual job, which is to defend, he's brain dead, bang average and very, very rash. Ramos and "strongest central defender in the world" should never, ever be in the same sentence, ever...

2 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

I know these aren't your words mate, but he and Sergio Ramos? xD Since when scoring a bunch of headers makes you a great defenderxD Some people are just too much...Ramos is great going forward, but when it comes to his actual job, which is to defend, he's brain dead, bang average and very, very rash. Ramos and "strongest central defender in the world" should never, ever be in the same sentence, ever...

This x 10000. 

I still remember Ramos' first season at Madrid, when he was eaten alive by Ronaldinho. I thought to myself, how is he a defender? Surely he will retire after the humiliation he endured. 

12  years later and my mind still hasn't changed. Absolutely bang average defender at best. Reckless challenges and horrible positioning combined with piss poor awareness. No where near the same bracket as the Nesta's, Puyols, Ferdinand's and Terry's, that truly comprehend the art of defending. 

Bloody fantastic footballer. One of the finest the planet has to offer. But as a defender he isn't anything special. 

3 hours ago, Messiesta said:

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

This x 10000. 

I still remember Ramos' first season at Madrid, when he was eaten alive by Ronaldinho. I thought to myself, how is he a defender? Surely he will retire after the humiliation he endured. 

12  years later and my mind still hasn't changed. Absolutely bang average defender at best. Reckless challenges and horrible positioning combined with piss poor awareness. No where near the same bracket as the Nesta's, Puyols, Ferdinand's and Terry's, that truly comprehend the art of defending. 

Bloody fantastic footballer. One of the finest the planet has to offer. But as a defender he isn't anything special. 

Defending is more than simply defending these days. Their is a dynamism developing and the days of the lumbering 7ft giant that would jump into the air and bully people is gone.  @SirBalon can back me up on that last part because he has repeated it ad nauseam. The following statement 'X is a great defender' no longer means that X is great at defending alone! It means a lot more because the language and expectations of what a defender has changed. It could mean he has incredible technical skills and creates plays from the back, it could mean he is a hardman, a chalk-on-boots wingback, no-nonsense leader, et al. Sergio Ramos is a great defender, he may not be traditionally a great defender but the set of skills he has at his disposal does, what he lacks in position he makes up for with technique. Going forward is as important to a defender as the namesake.
There is more than one way to skin a cat and while Nesta may have perfected using a Bowie knife, Ramos is a master at using a filleting knife.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

He wasn't dropped in Cardiff mate, did you even see the match? :D

He was dropped vs Porto after having a heated discussion (insults included) with Allegri in the previous match against Palermo.

Got carried away with "Final"s :dam:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived