talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Sign Bonucci For €40m

Reported fee of 35 million.  Bit of a surprise but it was clear he's had a falling out with the club.

Wants to stay in Italy, gotta respect that. 

Silva

Calhanoglu--------------------------------------Suso

Bonaventura-------Kessie

Rodriguez-----------------------------------------------------------Conti

Romanagli------Bonnuci-----Musacchio

Donnarumma

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reported fee of 35 million.  Bit of a surprise but it was clear he's had a falling out with the club.

Wants to stay in Italy, gotta respect that. 

Silva

Calhanoglu--------------------------------------Suso

Bonaventura-------Kessie

Rodriguez-----------------------------------------------------------Conti

Romanagli------Bonnuci-----Musacchio

Donnarumma

Why? So he can win the same trophies all over again? Would have been more interesting if he took his chance in another league.

• Administrator

how many players have moved from Juve to AC in the past? 

I thought Bonucci was a rock for Juve and had no idea he had a falling out with the club.

Milan building a decent team there. Think they'll prove more of a threat than they have in the past few seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

This certainly came out of the blue haha, but yet another brilliant signing for Milan this summer. Juve's stranglehold to end this season? 

Yes... to Napoli :ph34r:

That's a really solid back three, I've highly rated all three of those players, they'll be alright if they can scratch out some one nil wins. I highly doubt they'll be scoring many with those players up top. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Family? Culture? 

Family and culture are permanent, a career; is not. Boo bloody hoo, a multi-millionaire can't handle moving a few hours away to another country. Try saving up for two years, eh.

my nerves, my fucking nerves. another ex Inter player who leaves Juventus to go to Milan. this fucking hurts. our Rivals get stronger when we are still weak. Now Juventus is going for the two greatest Greek defenders Papastathopoulos and Manolas. WE were supposed to already have signed one of those two. We suck.

This is completely unexpected and a completely unnecessary and retarded thing for the club to do unless it was absolutely necessary for the cohesion of the group. Though if it ends up being truth, there were some sings although most people didn't believe they were truth ( me included ) like the reports of a huge fight in the locker room at the half time of the UCL final in which Bonucci was accused of violently recriminating Dybala for grabbing a yellow so early and Higuain apparently sided with Paulo and defended him, Chiellini had to step up to calm Higuain and the waters. Apparently that was the reason for which he wanted to go, but it was only reported he could go to England and that talks dried up about a month ago, and nothing was ever said about Milan till now.

There were also reports of his representative offering Bonucci to Barça which I don't know whether to believe.

Whatever it is, something has happened because when he signed his contract renewal the words Bonucci spoke back then are in total contradiction to what's occurring now.  This move to AC Milan makes no sense whatsoever in professional terms or even domestic competitive ones either.  Something has happened and we'll probably never find out.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There were also reports of his representative offering Bonucci to Barça which I don't know whether to believe.

Whatever it is, something has happened because when he signed his contract renewal the words Bonucci spoke back then are in total contradiction to what's occurring now.  This move to AC Milan makes no sense whatsoever in professional terms or even domestic competitive ones either.  Something has happened and we'll probably never find out.

I already mentioned what happened, if he goes to Milan then those reports were most certainly truth and that situation was what fuelled his exit.

Just now, Berserker said:

I already mentioned what happened, if he goes to Milan then those reports were most certainly were truth and is what fuelled his exit.

Yeah, but you said you weren't inclined to believe those rumours about what happened during the Champions League Final.  I also read them and in my opinion there was way too much detail on the alleged "occurrences" in the dressing room to believe every word.  We hear about these things a lot and more times than not it's all taken out of context.  What's for sure is that SOMETHING happened at half-time because the Juventus from the first half compared to the Juventus from the second period had nothing to do with each other.  It's as if they'd never played together and each player was doing their own thing.

Let's also take into context a social media post Dani Alves made a few weeks back when he ripped into the Juve technical director...  Within that post he talks about how "some" players are the heart and soul of the club and have fought to take Juve to winning things.  There was no reason to add that!  But maybe there I'm just adding lots of fragments together to try and connect the whole thing.

The move to AC Milan for a player of Bonucci's standing is ridiculous and is an obvious mark of serious fragmentation within the dressing room.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, but you said you weren't inclined to believe those rumours about what happened during the Champions League Final.  I also read them and in my opinion there was way too much detail on the alleged "occurrences" in the dressing room to believe every word.  We hear about these things a lot and more times than not it's all taken out of context.  What's for sure is that SOMETHING happened at half-time because the Juventus from the first half compared to the Juventus from the second period had nothing to do with each other.  It's as if they'd never played together and each player was doing their own thing.

Let's also take into context a social media post Dani Alves made a few weeks back when he ripped into the Juve technical director...  Within that post he talks about how "some" players are the heart and soul of the club and have fought to take Juve to winning things.  There was no reason to add that!  But maybe there I'm just adding lots of fragments together to try and connect the whole thing.

The move to AC Milan for a player of Bonucci's standing is ridiculous and is an obvious mark of serious fragmentation within the dressing room.

Yes, initially, but now that this is happening i'm more than inclined to believe they were in fact truth like i said.

You are echoing what i said with your last paragraph and that looks to be the case. Could possibly be why Alves left too. 

This is an interesting article https://www.liberoquotidiano.it/news/sport/12485663/juventus-crisi-spogliatoio-cardiff-andrea-agnelli.html

Bonucci had got into a fight with a Allegri in a match vs Palermo long time ago, that seemed to be closed, but on the HT at Cardiff Bonucci told Max to change Barzagli for Cuadrado, and thing apparently broke there. Also Agnelli the president is facing a trial on September 15 aparently related to an issue with tickets, that may disqualify him and that would be a huge blow to the club and according to them many things depend on that, and all those things together are the reason Leo left.

The best centre-back in the world for me.  I was watching RAI a few minutes ago as Bonucci left the Giuseppe Meazza and I couldn't feel anything other than sadness.  He's thrown away his career at the top end as it stands and to be honest I couldn't give a damn about Juventus because for me they're a horrible football club even though I have a lot of respect for them...  My sentiments lie with a player that could've gone where he wanted and instead has placed his professional career at the ends of a massive bet.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The best centre-back in the world for me.  I was watching RAI a few minutes ago as Bonucci left the Giuseppe Meazza and I couldn't feel anything other than sadness.  He's thrown away his career at the top end as it stands and to be honest I couldn't give a damn about Juventus because for me they're a horrible football club even though I have a lot of respect for them...  My sentiments lie with a player that could've gone where he wanted and instead has placed his professional career at the ends of a massive bet.

2nd best Steven Caulker is still a thing.

For me he hasn't thrown away his career at the top level. AC Milan are building a great team and look like they very well might be on the way back up, so I don't view it as him throwing his career at the top level away. More like he's accepting a new challenge to help a fallen giant get back up to that level.

3 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

For me he hasn't thrown away his career at the top level. AC Milan are building a great team and look like they very well might be on the way back up, so I don't view it as him throwing his career at the top level away. More like he's accepting a new challenge to help a fallen giant get back up to that level.

AC Milan are indeed building but they're nowhere near the level of Juventus (I can't believe I've gone onto mention them in this), Roma, Napoli or even Lazio.  They are infact a mess of all sorts of signings that on paper look good but in reality are nothing. 

Ask yourself this question...  Who is signing these players?  There's no way these are players requested by a coach and to me it seems like a similar story like when Peter Lim took over Valencia.  It's blah blah blah with no foundations.

The move makes no sense but how AC Milan do in Serie A next season will be interesting. Have been a dead team for a while now and it'd be nice for someone to end Juventus' dominance. (Would also be funny if they still couldn't get close.)

• The title was changed to AC Milan Sign Bonucci For €40m

Archived