talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - England 3-0 Senegal - Saturday 4th December, 2022

football forum

Good luck gentlemen. I want you to lose because you guys are are the second most unbearable fans behind Americans but I like you lot so I do hope you beat fucking France, those cunts don’t need another WC.

I am conflicted 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Good luck gentlemen. I want you to lose because you guys are are the second most unbearable fans behind Americans but I like you lot so I do hope you beat fucking France, those cunts don’t need another WC.

I am conflicted 

France win, then lose to say... Netherlands in the final. 

With today's line up, England probably win the midfield battle against France, and also have a decent variety of attacking threats, not relying heavily on the form of one player like France.

Up to Walker and Stones then to stop Mbappe in that left side.

Yesterday was going to put money on 3-0 England saw Rashford out today and had doubts so didn't bet.

Credit to Senegal arguably the better side for 35 mins.

They did their homework two men to block Harry Maguire bringing the ball out of defence.

Two men pulling and tapping Kanes legs, thought he might have won 5 freekicks in that first half in the EPL.

Two men on Harry Maguire on set pieces.

They effectively closed us down and had the better early chances, seemed to me that Pickford kicked the ball long a couple of times and this confused thier block and then a short time later Kane feeds the on-runnng Bellingham to find Henderson for a good team goal.

After that we got more space and more goals followed, nice to see Kane score though he waited so long I thought he was going to get caught. Saka finished neatly too.

Henderson played well and impressed me with how he has slotted in and made a difference,

I don't know how yet think we will beat the French..

1 hour ago, Machado said:

With today's line up, England probably win the midfield battle against France, and also have a decent variety of attacking threats, not relying heavily on the form of one player like France.

Up to Walker and Stones then to stop Mbappe in that left side.

Dembele attacking Maguire will be a problem for us, not to mention the form Giroud is in.

I think France’s performance against Poland showed some weaknesses to exploit and so it could be a high scoring game, but theyre definitely going to cause problems for us away from just Mbappe.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Dembele attacking Maguire will be a problem for us, not to mention the form Giroud is in.

I think France’s performance against Poland showed some weaknesses to exploit and so it could be a high scoring game, but theyre definitely going to cause problems for us away from just Mbappe.

I think both sides are more likely to play conservatively than they have done. Both managers have a tendency to do it and neither have faced a side worthy of playing that way yet.

It was 3-0. And I think they took their foot off the accelerator. But the defence did not look solid at times. And the midfield seemed to go missing now & then.

There is no better team in this tournament than France. Mbappe will be the best player on the pitch, by quite a distance. Dembele may get something right. Giroud just gets better with age.

Its basically a lot to keep quite & hope to do enough at the other end. England can beat France. If they do, that in itself ensures no arguments at all over the best side since 66.

But think I'm bracing myself for something similar to 2010's Germany 4 - 1 England.

It was a dominant win for England in the end, even though Senegal had a couple of chances in the 1st half. But ultimately goals from Henderson, Kane and Saka, sealed a comfortable win for England. England looked good going forward once again in this game and their upcoming quarter final match against France should be a really fascinating encounter.

Bellingham was excellent against Senegal, but so was Foden. Foden set-up two of England's goals and was generally a real threat. England are much stronger with him in the team. England looked very impressive in this match.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Apparently Sterling's home was raided in an armed robbery while his partner and young children were there :(

Fucking cunts. 

Apparently they released 2 photos of the people they want to speak to.

image.jpegFormer Sunderland player Adam Johnson released from prison | Crime | The  Guardian

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Lucas said:

Lovely to know in Bellingham and Foden we have two players who probably get into most International XI's.

Just two special talents that are absolute game changers for us. 

Actually makes a change to see how clinical we have been given that was at best, a 5 or 6/10 half from us. Very unlike England to be banging in goals like this.

Think you missed someone 🙄 

Kane gets into every single international team in the world 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Walker and Saka have to worry about Theo Hernandez along with Mbappe. 

Former arguably the best LB on the planet atm. 

Theo Hernandez is not even a starter for France. Only playing cos his brother got injured. Defensively suspect.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Walker and Saka have to worry about Theo Hernandez along with Mbappe. 

Former arguably the best LB on the planet atm. 

I really worry about Saka playing in this  one, he’s really poor defensively and doesn’t track very well. 

It will be interesting to see who matches up with Mbappe, the thinking was it would be Walker though Walker looked sluggish against the Senegal team so perhaps Trippier might come back in. Also Stones is on that side. Just hoping Mbappe does not switch and come up against Maguire. 

Greizemann for me is one of their other players who can create something special.

France do have a very good front line though defensively are weaker, I think both Kounde and Lloris have weaknesses.

I would expect our midfield to stay the same with Rice-Henderson-Bellingham and it will be interesting to see how they cope with France's 4-2-3-1 and also manage to be able break into attack.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Theo Hernandez is not even a starter for France. Only playing cos his brother got injured. Defensively suspect.

Been a revelation for Milan these past couple of seasons. 

Lucas a more stable defender but going forward Theo is impeccable. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived