• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - England 3-0 Senegal - Saturday 4th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was slagging off Henderson before his goal :whistling:

It looks like we have our central midfield sorted for the next decade with Rice & Bellingham.

I would keep it tight opening first 15 minutes to kill the game. Then if we're still 2-0 around 60th minute, I would be looking to rest Kane, Bellingham etc 

Lovely to know in Bellingham and Foden we have two players who probably get into most International XI's.

Just two special talents that are absolute game changers for us. 

Actually makes a change to see how clinical we have been given that was at best, a 5 or 6/10 half from us. Very unlike England to be banging in goals like this.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Surely puts the “Mount needs to start” nonsense to bed amongst his stans. England look brilliant with Bellingham. 

Just hope we start doing it now. Average player that shouldn’t be shoe horned in. 

I fully expect him to be back in for France.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - England 3-0 Senegal - Saturday 4th December, 2022

Good performance from England overall and a good selection from Southgate.

I’m not sure if Saka plays against France, especially with Mbappe on that wing. Saka’s defending has been noticeable bad when he has played and it has caused us issues at times.

I’d probably go with Rashford tbh.

This had the potential to be a very difficult match and despite a few early slip ups where we could have been 1-0 down, we’ve made it comfortable. Bellingham was something else, a man possessed and easily the most important player in this team. Without him we would be a much more boring side that lacks the ability to progress the ball forward centrally.

• Subscriber

Said right from the off France is the acid test. Professional job until now, but think France will be the end of the road, but we will see.

Bellingham's outstanding. Worth all the hype.

Going to see what we're really made of next week now.

It's very rare we beat a top level side in tournament football, especially one's superior to us. We normally always lose that kind of game  be it penalties, or whatever.

But we've every chance with these players, especially the younger one's with no fear.

Let's see what happens. France might be the best team going forward but I do think they haven't been tested enough defensively and when they have, look fragile.

You've got to think we can cause them problems.

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Foden or Jude for MoM :congrats:

Jude, easy.

Changed the game at a time we were looking a bit ropey.

But having both of them is massive. Foden's justyfying his place.

Southgate can't drop him again now.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Jude, easy.

Changed the game at a time we were looking a bit ropey.

But having both of them is massive. Foden's justyfying his place.

Southgate can't drop him again now.

He's some talent, Foden with the 2 assists was important too

• The topic was unpinned

Archived