The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Japan 1-2(p) Croatia - Monday 5th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
29 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

After his World Cup performances, I expect Gvardiol to end up in a big club. The kid is the real deal.

He was already being courted but you're right this stage has only added more eyes, he was immense in group stage. 

Got a little soft spot for Croatia having gone there back in September. 

I know what it means to their people when the national team come together for the big tournaments, they are so proud of the team who time and time again, always get themselves to the business end of tournaments.

Incredible for such a small country and I'm happy for the people to celebrate this given so many struggle to make much on their meagre wages.

At least they have Football.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Got a little soft spot for Croatia having gone there back in September. 

I know what it means to their people when the national team come together for the big tournaments, they are so proud of the team who time and time again, always get themselves to the business end of tournaments.

Incredible for such a small country and I'm happy for the people to celebrate this given so many struggle to make much on their meagre wages.

At least they have Football.

Croatia is a lovely part of the world, one of the nicest countries in Europe IMO. 

I'm the same as you, always happy to see them do well.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Japan 1-2(p) Croatia - Monday 5th December, 2022

End to end match, where both sides had chances. It was a very close match, which I had anticipated. In the end, Croatia prevailed on penalties. Maeda's goal was an instinctive finish, while Perisic showed great technique and accuracy with his headed equaliser. Hard luck to Japan, they showed that they have an excellent side at this World Cup, but it's the experienced Croatian side that advance to the quarter finals. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived