talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What is your monthly average electricity consumption?

football forum

Average monthly consumption  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How many kWh/month do you typically use?

• <100 kWh
    • 100-199 kWh
    • 200-299 kWh
    • 300-399 kWh
    • 400-500 kWh
    • >500 kWh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

1004 kWh over 2 months, and that was lower than winter, now we are heading into summer I expect less on the power as we only have ducted air con. 

Over 700 kWh per month :o wtf are you doing, growing a medium sized marijuana plantation in the attic? xD 

Just now, nudge said:

Over 700 kWh per month :o wtf are you doing, growing a medium sized marijuana plantation in the attic? xD 

500 per month haha

Haha… well…. Shhhh

Tbh, it’s high. We are working on it, however the heaters we had over winter really chewed through the electricity they’re a huge culprit. Need rooms warm for the girls etc. 

Another factor, dishwasher twice a day, washing pretty much daily. I expect summer to be down to 300-350 a month though. See how we go. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

500 per month haha

Haha… well…. Shhhh

Tbh, it’s high. We are working on it, however the heaters we had over winter really chewed through the electricity they’re a huge culprit. Need rooms warm for the girls etc. 

Another factor, dishwasher twice a day, washing pretty much daily. I expect summer to be down to 300-350 a month though. See how we go. 

Damn, I can't even divide 1004 by 2 anymore, apparently xD Holidays can't come soon enough...

And yeah, with heaters on that does make sense...

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Toinho said:

500 per month haha

Haha… well…. Shhhh

Dishwasher twice a day?! 

Are they different to UK? As dishwashers here you have to use quite a lot of plates and cutlery just to fill it up.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Dishwasher twice a day?! 

Are they different to UK? As dishwashers here you have to use quite a lot of plates and cutlery just to fill it up.

Yeah my dishwasher gets used probably twice a week, due the amount of plates and other shit you need to add to fill it up.

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Apparently if you have a full load a dishwasher is less expensive as it uses less water…according to the internet.

26 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah my dishwasher gets used probably twice a week, due the amount of plates and other shit you need to add to fill it up.

Yeah I don't get how it gets used twice a day

How many people live with you @Toinho? Or how small is your dishwasher?!

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Dishwasher twice a day?! 

it’s probably medium size. But I don’t know how big yours is? Sounds a bit gay.

We cook daily so there’s pots or pans, 4 people times 3 meals a day already equals 12 plates or bowls. Children snacks = more plates. Mugs for coffees, cups for the kids when they drink milk or smoothies, knives from cutting food, chopping boards…

On 04/12/2022 at 10:19, Honey Honey said:

Now that it is 3 degrees outside I just woke up to see it has cost £7 to keep the house at 16 degrees through the night and 18 for waking up. 

£12.54 on gas yesterday alone.

Add the electricity and it's £16 a day at the minute. With the cold to be here for another 3 months that's going to be £1440.

I'm currently on a direct debit of £195 a month 😂 shit. Will have underpaid at the end of this winter by £855.

It could still get worse when it goes to minus outside.

It was nice knowing you all. See you in the deep recession.

Thought I'd check back in here to say this cold snap has my gas and electric at £22 a day now.

:ph34r:

Revising my underpayment estimates to worst case scenario £1215 to owe if December and January remain this cold.

Might have to sell the car 😂

Absolutely bonkers inflation this. From £303 last winter to potentially £1800 this winter.

Cheers Vladimir ya daft cunt.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Thought I'd check back in here to say this cold snap has my gas and electric at £22 a day now.

:ph34r:

Revising my underpayment estimates to worst case scenario £1215 to owe if December and January remain this cold.

Might have to sell the car 😂

Absolutely bonkers inflation this. From £303 last winter to potentially £1800 this winter.

Cheers Vladimir ya daft cunt.

What kind of property are you in? What's the insulation like?

2 hours ago, Stan said:

What kind of property are you in? What's the insulation like?

100 year old, half the windows are single glazing because couldn't afford to do them all at once. Energy efficiency was an F when we got it, maybe a D now. We keep the thermostat in a double glazed room with the door shut.

Have Google Nest but I don't rate it at all. Though I know from experimentation with the smart meter that it is better than turning the heat on and off.

3 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

100 year old, half the windows are single glazing because couldn't afford to do them all at once.

Windows are ridiculously fucking expensive. I got a quote to have some of mine replaced recently and it's as much as buying a new Toyota Corolla xD

On 02/12/2022 at 21:01, Stan said:

That seems like a very high standing charge per day?

Mine isn't too far off when I checked my electric, showing at 33.97p/kWh and 47.52p/day.

Currently paying £125 per month as it helps me to budget at present, though expecting to get fisted at some point. Great time to get onto the housing market. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Wonder what mine will be lol ours isn’t monthly though! 

It’s the water bill that wont be so fun this time! 

Ha, water is pretty much free in this place. I pay a whopping 2.5$/month flat fee per person for water xD 

Archived