The better place to talk football.

Pele Passes Away, Aged 82

football forum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Pele Passes Away, Aged 82
  • Subscriber

RIP. The name synonymous with football itself. Before the internet, before social media, before globalisation, during the time when half of the world's population didn't even have access to TV, and yet still, everyone knew who he was. Incredible influence and mark left in this world. Legend.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Thought you rated Iniesta higher than Zidane? I do. 

To be honest there isn't much between the majority of the list, especially between 7 to 15. There are a bunch of players I'd regard as being on a similar level.

Either way, that's probably for another day and thread now, since this one is for Pele.

R.i.P to a legend. As I have said before, whether he's the greatest of alltime or whether there are 1 or 2 players you rate ahead of him, nobody will ever have the iconic status that Pele had. Everyone knows who he is, even those who don't watch the sport. 

I wish I could have seen him play to fully appreciate his talent, rather than just looking at old clips, it never quite does it justic but there's no doubt he is the older generation's greatest.

Three World Cups says it all.

The man that made the Number 10 shirt iconic.

Anytime I think of Pele, I think of his beaming smile. Loved all over the world.

The one thing that sticks out to me is when he said this following Maradona's death...

"One day, I hope we can play Football together in the sky"

Well now, they can.

20221229_220840.jpg

Rest in Peace, Pele.

Archived