The better place to talk football.

The 2022 countdown to Christmas and New Years Eve thread

football forum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Devil said:

20221225_201413.jpg

Christmas TV, my hairy knee and another bottle of Peroni. Moving on to Jack Daniels next....

Daughters new doll house in the background, fair to say she liked it.

I was up with the girls at 5:45 this morning. Making me slightly regret the couple of whiskeys I finished the night with haha 

10 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I was up with the girls at 5:45 this morning. Making me slightly regret the couple of whiskeys I finished the night with haha 

Learned my lesson with Christmas eve drinking many moons ago. Nothing worse than feeling rough and lacking enthusiasm with any games they want to play.

I have a couple but not enough to make me feel rough the next day.

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

Learned my lesson with Christmas eve drinking many moons ago. Nothing worse than feeling rough and lacking enthusiasm with any games they want to play.

Yep, I reckon I have “too many” twice a year these days and it really makes life super tough! 

I had 4 mid strength beers and two small glasses of whiskey yesterday (Christmas) and wasn’t drunk but my body just can’t handle it regardless of how many haha. All good, coffee in. Also built a wicked tower with blocks so that’s helped. 

3 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Yep, I reckon I have “too many” twice a year these days and it really makes life super tough! 

I had 4 mid strength beers and two small glasses of whiskey yesterday (Christmas) and wasn’t drunk but my body just can’t handle it regardless of how many haha. All good, coffee in. Also built a wicked tower with blocks so that’s helped. 

🤣

Lightweight.

Only joking, I admire the fact you don't drink that often. Bet you get horrible hangovers when you do then!

Hope you and your family had a great day 👍

6 minutes ago, Devil said:

🤣

Lightweight.

Only joking, I admire the fact you don't drink that often. Bet you get horrible hangovers when you do then!

Hope you and your family had a great day 👍

Mate even when I was in my “prime” would get through 10 or so pints and be an absolute mess for a day or two haha. 

Thanks mate, you too! 

• Subscriber

I didn't drink around our daughters but sunk a bottle of wine or 2 here at home, got a wee bit tipsy and I upset the wife a wee bit, reason? xD

As mentioned in a post further back our daughter bought me this as a Christmas present...

download.png

and I love it, the wife said it looks scary, so, while she was sitting here in the lounge I put the bust of 'Here's Johnny' in our bedroom above my radio alarm, set the alarm for around 3 ish so when it went off she would look up and see this... 

MMMMMMMMMM.png

well, she gave a wee yell when she looked and saw it, called me all the names under the sun then went back to sleep. xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

I didn't drink around our daughters but sunk a bottle of wine or 2 here at home, got a wee bit tipsy and I upset the wife a wee bit, reason? xD

As mentioned in a post further back our daughter bought me this as a Christmas present...

download.png

and I love it, the wife said it looks scary, so, while she was sitting here in the lounge I put the bust of 'Here's Johnny' in our bedroom above my radio alarm, set the alarm for around 3 ish so when it went off she would look up and see this... 

MMMMMMMMMM.png

well, she gave a wee yell when she looked and saw it, called me all the names under the sun then went back to sleep. xD

Is good, be even better if it glowed in the dark.

15 hours ago, Devil said:

I dont drink full stop, alcohol is poison

When in my 20s had bad hangovers post Christmas Eve drinking fortunately nausea always passed for Xmas dinner.

One year my brother got caught out, he played a drinking game called Fuzzy Duck and had a bit of stammer back then and got hammered. Although not normally suffering hangovers as bad as me that day he could not eat Christmas dinner until several hours later on his own in the evening. ,

On 26/12/2022 at 21:42, Bandito Burrito said:

I dont drink full stop, alcohol is poison

You’re 17. I was late to the party. I thought the same. I changed. And now am thinking more what you’re thinking now…but oh boy some of my most favourite memories involve alcohol… and worst but hey. #lifeaintboring

• Subscriber

download.png

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

You’re 17. I was late to the party. I thought the same. I changed. And now am thinking more what you’re thinking now…but oh boy some of my most favourite memories involve alcohol… and worst but hey. #lifeaintboring

He told a little white lie, he does drink xD

6 hours ago, Toinho said:

I lied, I drink socially. But I dont drink on my own, yk get drunk and such

On 29/12/2022 at 09:18, Bandito Burrito said:

I lied, I drink socially. But I dont drink on my own, yk get drunk and such

Doesn't sound right: On the one hand you say you'll drink socially, on the other you said, in the "Animals" threadf you lived in Dubai, were drinking socially is banned. Now, which story shall we believe?

36 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Doesn't sound right: On the one hand you say you'll drink socially, on the other you said, in the "Animals" threadf you lived in Dubai, were drinking socially is banned. Now, which story shall we believe?

Probably not even a real person. 

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

What are you on about? Are you suggesting that In dubai Im not allowed to drink?

Im willing to help. You sort of got it right ; it's not dubai, its if your part of the Muslim Faith, you are not allowed to drink. If you are christian (or part of any faith that allows drinking) you can drink wherever you want.

Not a fan of New year's eve, for me the big celebration is the three day Christmas period and the time off I have from work.

By the time New years eve comes round I've had enough and I'm ready for a quiet January.

It all seems very forced to me, I don't know many people that actually enjoy the hassle of paying triple priced taxi's if you go into town. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not a fan of New year's eve, for me the big celebration is the three day Christmas period and the time off I have from work.

By the time New years eve comes round I've had enough and I'm ready for a quiet January.

It all seems very forced to me, I don't know many people that actually enjoy the hassle of paying triple priced taxi's if you go into town. 

More of a Christmas fan nowadays with grandsons around but New Year is just another celebration and that's about it for me and the wife, gone are the days of going around the wife's family and first footing then drifting off to the Miners Club or British Legion to see the New Year in.

Me and the wife, her big sis, and her uncle Hughie is all that's left of the 'Clan' this time of the year, sad really, all the other uncles & aunts have passed away and now we have the younger generation taking over of the 'Clan' so they will be what we were doing on years gone by.

That's the son with Alexander (grandson) just arrived with some booze and presents as he was ill around Christmas time and could not make it around so a few drinks are now on the cards, our daughter will be calling tomorrow with grandsons in tow to welcome in the new year then that will be us for another year.:coffee:

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/12/30/fireworks-new-years-germany/

I'll never understand how you can spend hundreds of Euros on fireworks and firecrackers. And then they complain about the inflation. 

People have been queuing  like crazy here just to buy that shit. 

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I agree with you, on the other hand, I still love that shit xD The sounds, the colours, the smell... Yes, it's absolutely silly to spend hundreds of Euros on a 5 minute lights and explosions show in order to celebrate the fact that our planet again made a full orbit around the Sun, and it can be dangerous in wrong hands, but at the same time, it's also fun to watch the show and I'm glad there are people willing to do it xD 

Archived