• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Donation Scheme

football forum

Donation Scheme   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

Morning everyone,

As you’ve probably seen in a few months I will be taking over control of the forum and I’ve been talking to the staff with regards to a new supporter scheme.

The forum costs £60 per month to maintain, I will throw in £30 per month to start with and then cover anything we don’t make. Any extra will be put in the forum kitty to use in the future.

One thing we have spoke about it is giving back to the members as well, so we will be giving out more prizes for winners of prediction competitions etc as well as our end of year awards. 

The scheme will be £2 per month (feel free to add more if you wish) which will give you access to the donators sub-forum as well as enter you into exclusive supporter competitions where great prizes can be won.

Please let me know below if you’d be interested

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Me, personally would just leave it the way it has always been and just donate when whoever can whenever, I know I always sling in a few quid quite often like a lot of others, I know a couple of quid a month off my pension would not kill me but as said, we should just leave it the way it is.

These are my thoughts only and others may differ.

It would be nice to have the donations chart visible again as it was before as it did let us know where we stand donation wise on a monthly basis. :ay:

• Subscriber

When you say £2 per month, how would that work? A subscription were the amount gets automatically charged once a month? Or do we still have to manually donate it, as always?

Either way, personally, no, I am not interested. Chipping in for hosting & maintenance costs is of course fine, but I have no interest in having to commit to it, and I have even less interest in exclusive supporter competitions and prizes. 

A donation style contribution promotes individual agency and the feel good factor you get for keeping this community alive. 
A regular withdrawal makes it feel like a tax.

You're absolutely right that $2 a month is nothing, we'd not notice it and more than enough of us would contribute, especially given your generous $30 contribution, but people hate change. 

Perhaps we will just keep it as it is then.

Personally I don’t mind covering the majority of the costs and if people are willing to chip in then that’s fine. It’s not exactly cheap to run. I actually thought this was a decent idea for £2 a month but perhaps not.

As you were.

• Subscriber

For me, the donators sub-forum doesn't get used enough to warrant £2 a month, and the exclusive prizes and competitions don't appeal to me. I like the ones where everyone can get involved if they want to. I'll happily contribute when I can but a monthly commitment, even as low as £2, isn't something I can do right now unfortunately.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Personally I don’t mind covering the majority of the costs and if people are willing to chip in then that’s fine. It’s not exactly cheap to run. I actually thought this was a decent idea for £2 a month but perhaps not.

As you were.

Aye, just leave things the way they are buddy, the way I contribute and others pay more than £2 a month anyway (£24 a year), sometimes I have contributed £10 a few times and that worked out to about £40/50 a year and I have seen others whack in a £100 odd in one hit.

We don't mind doing this as it helps keep TF365 up and running and no skin of our noses and as DDW said  "A donation style contribution promotes individual agency and the feel-good factor you get for keeping this community alive." , I know when @Rab replied with a thank you to whoever it made me feel good that he appreciated the donation.

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

As you were.

No no no it's a very decent idea! But people are slow to change. 

I reckon put up the $60 donation target on the home page every month and track how close we are. And a yearly $720 target with the same info. See how we go with meeting it (with you chipping in the difference) and after 6 months or so see how much we've paid, and how much you've paid. If we're dragging our feet and you're spending $20 or more a month, we'll need to action something, and a change will be required, but in that case there is data to back up how unsustainable it is for you and how you NEED things to change for us to survive. Then we can discuss ideas such as a $2 monthly donation fee for members (or 10 for a years worth or whatever) and have a participation fee of $1 for forum games like first goal and prediction leagues ect. But only after a discussion and explanations, getting feedback for the ideas and letting the group decide how we want to fix the problem.  

5 hours ago, N U F C said:

As you were.

Why are you getting a shitty lip on about people not paying £2 a month for the forum? 

Archived