talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Portugal 6-1 Switzerland - Tuesday 6th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Portugal do progress and Ronaldo draws another blank will this coach/manager have the balls to drop him?

I don't think Portugal win this world cup carrying Ronaldo, he's snatching at chances and getting caught offside constantly. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

If Portugal do progress and Ronaldo draws another blank will this coach/manager have the balls to drop him?

I don't think Portugal win this world cup carrying Ronaldo, he's snatching at chances and getting caught offside constantly. 

I'm afraid so.

FS don't have the courage to bench him, so the only way he wouldn't play would be him approaching FS and telling him he's not fit to give what he used to, and that's never going to happen.

52 minutes ago, ASF said:

I'm afraid so.

FS don't have the courage to bench him, so the only way he wouldn't play would be him approaching FS and telling him he's not fit to give what he used to, and that's never going to happen.

I thought it was joke that he played against South Korea in the dead rubber match yet half the team was rested. 

9 hours ago, MUFC said:

I think this could be the first upset of the last 16.

I hope so. Portugal are my least favourite national team. Just because of 2004 and 2006. Also because Ronaldo is a prick and also because a Portuguese bloke I use to know was a right prick. I'm sure most Portuguese people are nice but it just put me of their national team 

I definitely wouldn't like to face Switzertland in an elimination game.

Brazil faced them in 2018 and 2022 and in both games we've really struggled to create chances. And even when your team manages to create chances there's still Yan Sommer to beat. He's a really good goalkeeper. 

Just a really tough team to beat. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Devil said:

I think if Jota wasn't injured, him and Felix up top would have been much better than having Ronnie in the side. 

1 minute ago, Machado said:

I actually can't believe Ronaldo isn't starting.

It's the first time since 2006 he isn't starting a game for the national team while fully fit.

Half a decade too late but oh well.

I can believe it, he's finished and everyone can see it other than himself.

Said it yesterday, if you want to win this World Cup you need to drop him from the side.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Machado said:

I actually can't believe Ronaldo isn't starting.

It's the first time since 2006 he isn't starting a game for the national team while fully fit.

Half a decade too late but oh well.

He'll be fine am sure Piers will suck his dick dry for him.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

I can believe it, he's finished and everyone can see it other than himself.

Said it yesterday, if you want to win this World Cup you need to drop him from the side.

That's been obvious for a long time but it's hard to explain how massive this is if you don't fully comprehend the context. We have an airport named after this man.

Some are already saying Santos is ungrateful and all that rubbish of course.

All there is to do now is sub him in with two minutes to go :ph34r:

Just now, MUFC said:

He'll be fine am sure Piers will suck his dick dry for him.

Exactly, maybe he's been on the phone arranging another interview. This time it could be about how badly treated he's been whilst I Qatar and how the Portuguese football federation have treated his family badly.

What a sorry end to a stellar career this is.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

That's been obvious for a long time but it's hard to explain how massive this is if you don't fully comprehend the context. We have an airport named after this man.

Some are already saying Santos is ungrateful and all that rubbish of course.

All there is to do now is sub him in with two minutes to go :ph34r:

That highlighted point there is the problem with modern football, the players hold far too much power.

That much so disrespect is now considered a reason not to drop a player. Well apparently that's the case because ETH was getting the same response from certain media and fan groups.

Thank god he's gone from United, that's all I can say. 

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Portugal 6-1 Switzerland - Tuesday 6th December, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived