talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Portugal 6-1 Switzerland - Tuesday 6th December, 2022

football forum

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Hat-trick for Ramos! He's taken all his goals brilliantly. 

Felix looked offside in the buildup... 

Thought the same.

What a performance. Some people will say 'Oh, but it was just Switzerland'. It doesn't matter. It was one of the most dominant performances I've seen, in a WC knock-out game.

Hopefully, FS will keep Ronaldo on the bench Saturday. Keep the midfield link with the attack the way it did today.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portugal made a statement with this win. To beat a tough outfit like Switzerland 6-1 in the last 16, takes a lot of doing. Portugal were superb and this was easily their best performance at this World Cup so far. Goncalo Ramos lead the line superbly and he was lethal with his chances in front of goal. Just the type of top class goal-scorer that any team needs if they are seriously going to challenge for a World Cup. Ramos's hattrick was excellent. Cristiano Ronaldo is still good in my opinion, obviously not as good as he was before, but there is no way Ronaldo should start from here on in. Ramos will start for Portugal and if he keeps up performances like the one in this game, Portugal could go very far. Portugal look phenomenal and Pepe is still going strong at nearly 40. I fancy Portugal to beat Morocco in the quarter finals.

Such a sad individual, won it all has it all but can't be a team player. Needs to be in the focus always and everything has to be done his way as he is Ronaldo. Portugal looked so much better without him probably hard to swallow that he isn't needed anymore. I always hated Messi but i can see they are both very much alike.

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Love Portugal to win the WC, hate Ronaldo to win the WC. 

Portugal struggling to break Brazil down in the final, on comes Ronaldo and he ends up scoring a last minute winner to take all the glory. The reactions would be fun.

Archived