talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Portugal 6-1 Switzerland - Tuesday 6th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramos replacing Ronaldo with the casual two goals plus one assist.

Fantastic work by Felix. Whenever I watch him, I feel like he should be performing week in week out, making highlight reels, no questions asked. Needs a manager who wants to play positive football.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The way Ramos has been playing tonight you have to wonder how Portugal would have faired had he started earlier in the tournament.

Imagine Felix, Ramos and Jota as the front 3.

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Portugal 6-1 Switzerland - Tuesday 6th December, 2022

@Machado this is why I don’t think England are near being favourites to win this comp. The quality elsewhere is so much deeper. Portugal, Brazil, France, Netherlands…

Not to say we can’t cause a shock or an upset, but the quality difference is very large all across the pitch imo

They've had talented players for a while, maybe the most talented group in this tournament, but I've never seen it all flow together as much as it did today. And it seems they've finally found a striker.

At least the keeper still looks suspect. 

39 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Machado this is why I don’t think England are near being favourites to win this comp. The quality elsewhere is so much deeper. Portugal, Brazil, France, Netherlands…

Not to say we can’t cause a shock or an upset, but the quality difference is very large all across the pitch imo

Having Rafael Leão coming off the bench at the 86th minute is luxury, I'll give you that. Elsewhere it's not that deep, we need the right line up to look decent.

This is the first time in a very long time that I've seen any attacking flair from us. Before Jota's injury and Rafa (best Portuguese player atm imo) retiring from the national team, I had us as joint favourites to win the whole thing, but as I realized Ronaldo would start every game with probably Andre Silva alongside him, I didn't even have us top 10 favourites. All has changed now, finally.

The defence hasn't been particularly good though and the midfield has been having a hard time linking up play, with the likes of Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho or Ruben Neves looking out of ideas when we have the ball. It can be infuriating how much of a final third player Bruno is.

If not for Felix or Bernardo making small runs through the midfield, we don't break down Switzerland today.

6-1 is a bit flattering but it does say something about the quality we can have if things are flowing.

I see Brazil as favourites now with England, Portugal, Netherlands and Argentina having equal chances.

• The topic was unpinned

The videos of him walking off at the end of the game, he's a total disgrace.

His attitude at United, his behaviour at this world cup. 

The guy is a total disgrace, his side just won 6-1 at the world cup, his teammates went to the fans and he decided to walk away.

Send the fucker home.

41 minutes ago, Devil said:

The videos of him walking off at the end of the game, he's a total disgrace.

His attitude at United, his behaviour at this world cup. 

The guy is a total disgrace, his side just won 6-1 at the world cup, his teammates went to the fans and he decided to walk away.

Send the fucker home.

He's just a narcissist who loves himself more than anything else. 

Archived