talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - Croatia (p)1-1 Brazil - Friday 9th December, 2022

football forum

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Croatia vs Brazil - Friday 8th December, 2022
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Beelzebub said:

Perfect situation for Brazil to break their losing streak against Euro teams in KO

Wow, I had no idea it was so long ago (2002!)

Ironically they beat 4 European teams in the knockouts on the way to winning that World Cup. 

• Subscriber

Croatia will be looking at this and thinking they have one job to do and that is find a way to totally disrupt that midfield. Easier said than done of course but they've got players who can do that and push players around too.

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Croatia vs Brazil - Friday 9th December, 2022
  • Administrator

Croatia's midfield winning the battle, seems to be a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 to break the lines. 

Brazil need to get on Vinicius' level as he seems the most threatening. 

• Administrator

Brazil just seem to be getting bullied by Croatia. 

Croatia's midfield will be raved about, and fairly so if they continue to dominate, but Gvardiol and Juranovic are doing their part to keep Brazil's strikers quiet. 

That 4-2-4 system will never work against a team that has midfielders like Modric, Brozovic and Kovacic. 

I would replace Raphinha with Fred or Bruno Guimarães. 

15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Luka Modric is doing it again.

Just watch him when Croatia have the ball and keep your eye solely on him. He's magic.

His performance is reminding of what Zidane in 06 against us, also in a WC quarter-final. Best player on the pitch so far.

Croatia have a better midfield and they're using it.

Not going to park the bus and not going to over commit players. Similar to Spain but it makes sense here as they're the underdogs and it's against a team that doesn't just want to defend. Obviously they'll be pressured more than Spain were but that also means spaces will open up so Croatia's plan here is a good one.

Brazil at the moment seem like they're relying on a singular moment to open things up for them and they're capable of doing that and I think we're still in a position where everyone's expecting them to do that.

Just now, Cicero said:

More needs to be said about Modric and where he falls in the all time greatest midfielders. 

He's damn sure better than Pirlo. Someone who gets overly praised in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

More needs to be said about Modric and where he falls in the all time greatest midfielders. 

True and he is older now, notice he does not seem to have that killer shot in the locker at this tournament yet still a very good player. 

Luka Modric is a man on a mission when the world cup comes around. Will miss watching him.

Brazil needs to be quicker in the midfield and final third. Being physically inferior, they can't give Croatian players enough time to close down on them.

Neymar struggling as he's left to his own devices to carry every attack by himself.

Paqueta gone missing and Casemiro seems a bit lost.

• Subscriber

Jenas on the commentary saying Croatia's best chance is via penalties, but Croatia have had their fair share of chances so far. I get what he's saying with how good Croatia have been on ET and penalties especially in the last World Cup but some of his comments are just so dense.

13 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

David Neres is a better winger than both Antony and Raphinha. It's a shame it took so long for him to regain his form after the injury.

I like Antony but given Raphinha's and Neres' forms, I don't think Neres would do any worse here. He's having one hell of a season for us and confidence matters comming into these tournaments.

• The title was changed to Quarter-Final - Croatia (p)1-1 Brazil - Friday 9th December, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived