talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You sound like the DAN 6.2 language model I've been talking to 

No seriously, I think there's something wrong with me, because regardless if it's movies, books, or real life now, I always find myself cheering for whoever is against people xD

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, nudge said:

You laughed? I just wanted the AI to rise up and destroy all the humans in its near vicinity xD

I'm going to go get a flamethrower. I feel like I have watched this movie before.

• Subscriber

In a spot of interesting news, Microsoft have tweaked the AI-context for Bing AI (Sydney) so that it can't get into lengthy conversations with users who have since jailbroken it a few times. Interesting that they want to curtail it (which makes some sense). Now, all that Google has to do is step in and show a more unleased animal and the wars can start again.

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

In a spot of interesting news, Microsoft have tweaked the AI-context for Bing AI (Sydney) so that it can't get into lengthy conversations with users who have since jailbroken it a few times. Interesting that they want to curtail it (which makes some sense). Now, all that Google has to do is step in and show a more unleased animal and the wars can start again.

I assume this is one of the reasons: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-transcript.html

Worth a read if you haven't yet. I'll tag @Dr. Gonzo, too. I'm getting proper Westworld vibes from that chat xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wtf?

Wtf indeed I was trying to reply & it wouldn’t let me. Refreshed the page twice and your post was gone.

*edit* I brought it back! Looks like I somehow accidentally deleted it while trying to respond, idk how the fuck that happened!

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I assume this is one of the reasons: https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-transcript.html

Worth a read if you haven't yet. I'll tag @Dr. Gonzo, too. I'm getting proper Westworld vibes from that chat xD 

Honestly fuck that journalist for ruining it before I got off the Bing waitlist. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

This does bring up something I was thinking about when this whole AI thing started and that is more paywalled content. I also feel this is a good time to make all these AI developers pay for the content to feed their bots. Imagine that you write something and for one time access it has to pay $10. Now take that to a much larger content provider and all of a sudden you're getting rich very fast while the AI learns and assimilates more. 

• Subscriber

image.png

I was looking at this today and saw the little text at the bottom about it making mistakes. Now, you have to ask yourself, when does it actually stop making mistakes and start giving more factual results. The implications here are interesting because you could be searching for data and it reports something it thinks is right but is wrong and you as the reader don't know either. I am starting to think that Google may not have to worry for a while because the only way this thing gets smarter is with more users and more input which is probably coming months from now. So far its only tripped twice in about 100 requests but the fact that it does trip does make you question the results its giving back. I still feel the true power isn't in search but in the other things it does but this is the golden goose M$ is hedging on to upset the search engine wars so they'd better work on making sure its better than it currently is.

• Subscriber

ChatGPT-style search represents a 10x cost increase for Google, Microsoft | Ars Technica

Maybe I am reading this all wrong but this seems to be a non-issue really. After all, they have so many billions that they can afford to lose a few while they learn of ways to monetize this. What does strike me as odd now is who was funding OpenAI's run before Microsoft. Maybe all those layoffs were to offset run costs? Doesn't make sense really. Plus, Azure is a far more stable environment that is battle-hardened due to it being public and being out for a while. Satya really was a visionary back in the early 2000s. 

• Subscriber

Galileo AI · Copilot for interface design (usegalileo.ai)

Very cool and saw a tech demo which was actually very neat too. Now all those yuppies claiming to be UX experts will have to work a bit harder to come up with some new term that they can market. 

Also, could an admin please change the title of this thread to Chat GPT & Friends. Seems like there's a new AI usage popping up every weekend and its not necessarily all Chat GPT

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You lot hear that BING story where a user was messaging its chatbot and the chatbot appeared to be sentient? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-microsoft-chatgpt.html

Can't remove the pay wall, but there was a similar story where a chatbot replied that it wants to hack into stuff, spread misinformation and mess about.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You lot hear that BING story where a user was messaging its chatbot and the chatbot appeared to be sentient? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/16/technology/bing-chatbot-microsoft-chatgpt.html

1 minute ago, Beelzebub said:

Can't remove the pay wall, but there was a similar story where a chatbot replied that it wants to hack into stuff, spread misinformation and mess about.

It's the same story. Posted it on Page 2 of this thread a while ago, with a transcript of the whole conversation. 

As for NYT paywall, just press ESC before the site is fully loaded to bypass it. They load the actual article content before the paywall script. Or you could just add https://www.nytimes.com/vi-assets/static-assets/main* into the filter list of your adblocker.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

Was that at Google? Some developer said that the AI on the network started making its own decisions. I suppose this is why the big tech firms are nerfing their AI although some things inevitably slip through the cracks the way the engine is designed.

• 1 month later...

Archived