talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Quiz 6 - 21st Century Bundesliga

football forum

• Subscriber

Please make sure you have read the Guidelines and FAQ thread before taking part in the Quiz League - this will only take you two minutes.

Quiz League Round 6 - 21st Century Bundesliga

A slightly different take on the "History of League X" quizzes, as this one is mostly limited to seasons since the turn of the century. Where questions ask about "since the 2000-2001 season" this INCLUDES the 2000-2001 season. There are a couple of questions which ask you about pre-2000 Bundesliga but most will focus on the last 17 seasons which should give most people a better chance of knowing some of the answers even if you don't follow the league. Feedback appreciated as always - good luck!

Click Here to take the quiz!

Access Code: SECDEK5

Round 6 Deadline: Monday 17 July 16:30 (UK Time)

Remember! Do not give away answers in this thread until they have been revealed after the deadline!

Note: I have posted this quiz before unveiling the answers to the previous round so that you guys can get stuck in. Results to the La Liga quiz will be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how pissed I get this evening.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Think I've done alright on that. Glad questions were since 2000-1 cos I could have some kind of educated guess on it. Anything before it and I'd be struggling badly xD 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Anton said:

Can we have an A-league quiz too? Just so I have a chance of getting more than 5 correct ha ha

i could beat you on that ;) 

• Subscriber

Deadline tomorrow evening for this. Tagging people in case you've missed it. Of course I understand if some people have lost interest, that's inevitable in something like this, so please let me know if you don't want to be tagged as a reminder.

@Azeem98 @HoneyNUFC @Saturdays Are For The Boys @Dan @Panflute @Storts @Toony @LaSambadeStGermain

I'm also considering adding a "form table" for the last five quizzes, so that if you've missed a few rounds you can still get to the top of that if you do well even if you feel like you're too far behind in the overall standings. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

@RandoEFC

Can I have extra time for any quizzes you do during this week? I'm off on holiday for a week tomorrow and am likely to miss one as a result.

That's difficult because I post the answers when the deadline closes. The new quiz tomorrow will have a deadline on Thursday so the answers will be posted in the thread then. The link for each quiz works for two weeks so you could still take the next one/two when you get back and as long as you definitely haven't looked at the answers before taking the quiz, I can retrospectively add your scores on so that they are counted down the line.

I trust you not to cheat of course, but letting people submit quizzes after the deadline even with a valid reason opens up a whole can of worms, my answer now is "that should be fine" but I might (shouldn't) have to change my mind if I think of any further problems it could cause.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

That's difficult because I post the answers when the deadline closes. The new quiz tomorrow will have a deadline on Thursday so the answers will be posted in the thread then. The link for each quiz works for two weeks so you could still take the next one/two when you get back and as long as you definitely haven't looked at the answers before taking the quiz, I can retrospectively add your scores on so that they are counted down the line.

I trust you not to cheat of course, but letting people submit quizzes after the deadline even with a valid reason opens up a whole can of worms, my answer now is "that should be fine" but I might (shouldn't) have to change my mind if I think of any further problems it could cause.

In which case I may just log on and do it anyway. Likely to spend a lot of time lounging around a pool anyway thinking about it xD

• Subscriber

Quiz 6 Answers

1) Since the 2000-2001 season, which of the following clubs has NOT won the Bundesliga?

A – Bayer Leverkusen. Leverkusen have actually never been champions of Germany, let alone in this time frame. Werder Bremen were champions in 2004, Stuttgart in 2007 and Wolfsburg in 2009. Outside of these seasons, only Dortmund and Bayern Munich have won the league since the turn of the century. 88% answered correctly.

2) What is FC Bayern Munich’s lowest finishing position in the Bundesliga since the 2000-2001 season?

C – 4th. Bayern finished outside the top three when they finished fourth in 2006-2007. This was their first finish outside the top three since finishing sixth in 1994-1995. 56% answered correctly.

3) How many times have Borussia Dortmund been league champions since the 2000-2001 season?

C – 3. Before winning back to back titles in 2010-11 and 2011-12, Dortmund were also champions in 2001-2002. 56% answered correctly.

4) Which side has had the highest attendance in the Bundesliga every year since 1998-99?

B – Borussia Dortmund. The Bundesliga has the highest average attendance of any football league in the world, and Dortmund’s 81,360 capacity Signal Iduna Park has allowed them to have the highest average attendance in Germany for the last 19 seasons. An incredible average of 81,178 in 2015-16 is the current record. 81% answered correctly.

5) Which player commanded the highest transfer fee ever paid by a German club?

C – Julian Draxler. This is potentially a tricky one as it depends slightly on who’s reports you read, but Draxler commanded a fee of £36.5m when he was signed by Wolfsburg. Kevin de Bruyne went for £63m but this fee was paid by Man City who clearly aren’t a German side, Tolisso costing Bayern £35m earlier this summer and Vidal £31m. 31% answered correctly.

6) Which of these players has NOT been the top goalscorer over the course of a season in the Bundesliga?

D – Thomas Muller. Dzeko was top goalscorer in 2009-10 before he moved to Manchester City, Huntelaar was the top marksman with 29 goals in the 2011-12 season, while Luca Toni’s 24 goals in 2007-08 earned him the accolade that year. 88% answered correctly.

7) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was top goalscorer in 2016-17 with 31 goals, the most goals scored in a season since Dieter Muller scored 34 in 1976-77. Which national team does Aubameyang represent?

B – Gabon. You’d have got long odds on a Gabon international breaking the record for the most goals in a season by a foreign player in the Bundesliga, but that’s what Aubameyang achieved last season, leaving him with a long list of potential suitors this summer, including Chelsea and Liverpool. 100% answered correctly.

8) Which one of these sides has NOT finished in the top three of the Bundesliga since 2000-2001?

C – Hertha BSC. This one was a bit mean, as Hertha BSC have finished third as recently as 1998-99. However, the other options have been there more recently, SV Hamburger the most obscure with third place in 2006 and Gladbach in 2015, while Leverkusen have finished second twice and third twice since the turn of the century. 56% answered correctly.

9) Oliver Kahn was a Bayern Munich player from 1994-2008. How many times did he win the title with the club (including seasons before 2000-2001)?

D – 8. Eight titles as a player ties Oliver Kahn as the most decorated Bundesliga player in history, sharing this accolade with Mehmet Scholl and Bastian Schweinsteiger. 31% answered correctly.

10) Which of the following players holds the record as the youngest goalscorer in Bundesliga history?

D – Nuri Sahin. On the list of young goalscorers, Sahin (17 years, 2 months, 21 days) edges out Draxler (17 years, 6 months, 12 days), Pulisic (17 years, 7 months) and Brandt (17 years, 11 months, 3 days). 38% answered correctly.

Results

596cf8af3b47c_Quiz6Results.thumb.png.309d611bde835ab51cee8fd7d191b23d.png

Congratulations to @nudge who makes the most of home advantage to score a perfect ten in this round. This one was fairly high-scoring across the board, but the wooden spoon goes to @Cure who crashes back down to earth following his 10/10 in the last round. Honorary mention for @Tsubasa who did bag 7 out of 10, his best score yet, but still needs to be named and shamed for getting wrong the question about how many titles Borussia Dortmund have won since 2000-2001 :$.

Thanks to all 16 participants. The tables will be posted in the appropriate thread in the next few minutes, but the next round will be delayed until probably Wednesday when I have a chance to do the research and write the questions for the next quiz, which I will start this evening but probably won't have time to finish tonight or tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Quiz 6 Answers

1) Since the 2000-2001 season, which of the following clubs has NOT won the Bundesliga?

A – Bayer Leverkusen. Leverkusen have actually never been champions of Germany, let alone in this time frame. Werder Bremen were champions in 2004, Stuttgart in 2007 and Wolfsburg in 2009. Outside of these seasons, only Dortmund and Bayern Munich have won the league since the turn of the century. 88% answered correctly.

2) What is FC Bayern Munich’s lowest finishing position in the Bundesliga since the 2000-2001 season?

C – 4th. Bayern finished outside the top three when they finished fourth in 2006-2007. This was their first finish outside the top three since finishing sixth in 1994-1995. 56% answered correctly.

3) How many times have Borussia Dortmund been league champions since the 2000-2001 season?

C – 3. Before winning back to back titles in 2010-11 and 2011-12, Dortmund were also champions in 2001-2002. 56% answered correctly.

4) Which side has had the highest attendance in the Bundesliga every year since 1998-99?

B – Borussia Dortmund. The Bundesliga has the highest average attendance of any football league in the world, and Dortmund’s 81,360 capacity Signal Iduna Park has allowed them to have the highest average attendance in Germany for the last 19 seasons. An incredible average of 81,178 in 2015-16 is the current record. 81% answered correctly.

5) Which player commanded the highest transfer fee ever paid by a German club?

C – Julian Draxler. This is potentially a tricky one as it depends slightly on who’s reports you read, but Draxler commanded a fee of £36.5m when he was signed by Wolfsburg. Kevin de Bruyne went for £63m but this fee was paid by Man City who clearly aren’t a German side, Tolisso costing Bayern £35m earlier this summer and Vidal £31m. 31% answered correctly.

6) Which of these players has NOT been the top goalscorer over the course of a season in the Bundesliga?

D – Thomas Muller. Dzeko was top goalscorer in 2009-10 before he moved to Manchester City, Huntelaar was the top marksman with 29 goals in the 2011-12 season, while Luca Toni’s 24 goals in 2007-08 earned him the accolade that year. 88% answered correctly.

7) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was top goalscorer in 2016-17 with 31 goals, the most goals scored in a season since Dieter Muller scored 34 in 1976-77. Which national team does Aubameyang represent?

B – Gabon. You’d have got long odds on a Gabon international breaking the record for the most goals in a season by a foreign player in the Bundesliga, but that’s what Aubameyang achieved last season, leaving him with a long list of potential suitors this summer, including Chelsea and Liverpool. 100% answered correctly.

8) Which one of these sides has NOT finished in the top three of the Bundesliga since 2000-2001?

C – Hertha BSC. This one was a bit mean, as Hertha BSC have finished third as recently as 1998-99. However, the other options have been there more recently, SV Hamburger the most obscure with third place in 2006 and Gladbach in 2015, while Leverkusen have finished second twice and third twice since the turn of the century. 56% answered correctly.

9) Oliver Kahn was a Bayern Munich player from 1994-2008. How many times did he win the title with the club (including seasons before 2000-2001)?

D – 8. Eight titles as a player ties Oliver Kahn as the most decorated Bundesliga player in history, sharing this accolade with Mehmet Scholl and Bastian Schweinsteiger. 31% answered correctly.

10) Which of the following players holds the record as the youngest goalscorer in Bundesliga history?

D – Nuri Sahin. On the list of young goalscorers, Sahin (17 years, 2 months, 21 days) edges out Draxler (17 years, 6 months, 12 days), Pulisic (17 years, 7 months) and Brandt (17 years, 11 months, 3 days). 38% answered correctly.

Results

596cf8af3b47c_Quiz6Results.thumb.png.309d611bde835ab51cee8fd7d191b23d.png

Congratulations to @nudge who takes full advantage of home advantage to score a perfect ten in this round. This one was fairly high-scoring across the board, but the wooden spoon goes to @Cure who crashes back down to earth following his 10/10 in the last round. Honorary mention for @Tsubasa who did bag 7 out of 10, his best score yet, but still needs to be named and shamed for getting wrong the question about how many titles Borussia Dortmund have won since 2000-2001 :$.

Thanks to all 16 participants. The tables will be posted in the appropriate thread in the next few minutes, but the next round will be delayed until probably Wednesday when I have a chance to do the research and write the questions for the next quiz, which I will start this evening but probably won't have time to finish tonight or tomorrow.

Quite right too. :banana:

Archived