• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Quarter-Final - England 1-2 France - Saturday 10th December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Half of Kane’s tournament goals for England are pens, and if it isn’t half it is bloody close

The issue with Kane is that when you play him the only feasible game plan becomes winning pens. If he can't even convert them then there really is no point. 

Either play someone more mobile or play someone with the kind of commitment and aggression that Giroud has.

• Subscriber

Not a poor tournament from England overall. A narrow defeat to the defending champions. France have just a bit more quality overall and that's a bigger factor than any of Southgate's tactics or any controversy regarding those decisions.

Excluding the obvious that we should have had a pen in the first half that wasn’t given. Overall a close game against a France side full of talent.

I don’t think Southgate is as bad a manager as is made out, and the good time of not being incredibly shit and actually having something to shout about have been good. But now its time to depart ways, can’t really defend the subs, Grealish coming on with 2 minutes to spare is crazy but here we are.

Fair play and well done to France, tough team to beat and even if they’re not firing on all cylinders they have quality all over the pitch . 

TV was mentioning Kane about to break a record as he lines up for the penalty and I was thinking 'Christ, I hope he is not thinking about a record and just the kick, perhaps someone else should take it.'

No blame on Rashford more down to Harry K for me yet not going to moan about it their tactics were better on the day. 

Just now, 6666 said:

Scoreline isn't always representative of the general play. Everyone understands this.

General play means fuck  all if it amounts to nothing. Playing good = scoring goals, not having possession, not passing pretty, not anything else. The teams that plays better wins. France played better hence they won

Just now, Spike said:

General play means fuck  all if it amounts to nothing. Playing good = scoring goals, not having possession, not passing pretty, not anything else. The teams that plays better wins. France played better hence they won

Playing better = how good your general play is.

Winning = scoring more.

Playing well and winning isn't the same thing. Everyone understands this. It's easy to understand this.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived