talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sofyan Amrabat Jons Manchester United

7 Most Valuable 2022 World Cup Squads

Liverpool Training Session

Photo by John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

However, Liverpool seem to have got the ball rolling in terms of bringing in fresh legs in the middle of the park.

Speculation linking the Reds with a summer move for Jude Bellingham has intensified in the last few days.

ADVERTISING

While this would be a long-term move, Liverpool also appear to have sourced a much-needed solution for this season.

According to Footmercato, Sofyan Amrabat’s representatives have already held talks with Jurgen Klopp over a potential Anfield switch.

Apparently, more talks have been scheduled for when the World Cup in Qatar concludes as the Reds look to strengthen their midfield.

Amrabat is currently enjoying an outstanding World Cup campaign as the heartbeat of Morocco’s midfield.

The Fiorentina dynamo helped Morocco reach the quarter-finals of the World Cup via a superb penalty win over Spain.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The title was changed to Sofyan Amrabat - Liverpool Hold Talks with Moroccon Midfielder

According to this story, his representatives have contacted the club because the player expressed interest at our reported interest in signing him.

Think the whole midfield can use a bit of a refresh tbh and I think he'd be a good fit... but I'm also weary of players signed after a good world cup and it looks like every midfielder we've been linked with is a midfielder off the back of a good international tournament. Also wouldn't be surprised if it's just agent bollocks to either drive up his price (so they can get a bigger cut) or to get him a better contract at Fiorentina (so they can get a bigger cut).

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's a step down from Bellingham and Fernandez, but it could be a smart type signing.

Sort of different midfielders entirely tbh.

I think it's a sort of necessary signing as we don't have anyone that can properly give Fabinho competition and a rest in the midfield - closest thing is Henderson, and it's not really the same at all. Amrabat could certainly do a better job filling in for Fabinho... and honestly given Fabinho's form this season, could wind up with a starting position in our midfield.

I think we need at least 2 midfield signings - one to inject some much needed creativity into midfield (someone like Thiago, Keita, or Oxlade-Chamberlain... but without injury problems - thank god Thiago's not as injury prone as the other two though) & someone that's also got the ability to do some of the defensive heavy lifting for our midfield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Sofyan Amrabat - Deal Agreed with Man Utd
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I assumed he would be the Fabinho replacement at Liverpool.

So did I, but oh well. He seems to split opinion of Fiorentina fans, but he's looked pretty decent most of the time I've watched him. With his best games that I've seen during that winter world cup.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Dr Evil appears to be doing negotiations for Manchester United.

Lol if true, why would they even send over such an insulting offer? I'd imagine that would make Fiorentina more inclined to say "fuck off" for future bids too.

• The title was changed to Sofyan Amrabat Jons Manchester United