talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 09:35, Storts said:

What are you talking about? This is some of the best content they’ve produced xD Its class

Yeah that's fucking excellent meme-ing.

If your club's social media management can't put out some top quality memes, you've got a lot of improvement necessary both on and off the pitch at your clubs.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah that's fucking excellent meme-ing.

If your club's social media management can't put out some top quality memes, you've got a lot of improvement necessary both on and off the pitch at your clubs.

Quite agree 

• Subscriber

Honestly, zero reason why Poch would go to United now. Doesn't happen. Just read everything he says, he doesn't want to go anywhere. Our project is his project.

He's turned down Champions League winners Madrid, he can turn down mid table United.

You could always get Javi Garcia instead though Teso. Would be great for the project

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, José said:

Although Spurs has a proper team led by Kane, they lack a midfielder like Pogba that can take control of a game. 

The only answer we can have is always on the pitch, the criticism is always going to be there, it’s the job of the journalist, they have to do it, but I don’t think it’s bad, I think it’s a challenge, for me to improve and get better and better, to win trophies and we did today so I’m very happy, the most important thing is that I won the World Cup and be in history forever."

Good thinking - Levy should put in a bid for Pogba. Poch would do great things with him here,

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, José said:

Whoa now! The fee man utd would ask for Pogba (potentially) would surely be too much for a club the size of Spurs. It would be like paying for a new stadium again:ay:

Pretty sure Mourinho would let Pogba go for 3 months rent paid for his hotel room and a handjob from Pochettino  

2 minutes ago, José said:

Indeed. Pogba was class for France and Juventus, BIG PART OF THE ONGOING PROCESS. Barcelona can try all they want but he won't leave man utd unless it's for a world record transfer fee

But I thought Barca only overpay on average players? You said so yourself? 

1 hour ago, José said:

Indeed. Pogba was class for France and Juventus, BIG PART OF THE ONGOING PROCESS. Barcelona can try all they want but he won't leave man utd unless it's for a world record transfer fee

I thought big don Jose would be able to get the best out of him? 

• Subscriber

Jan Vertonghen: Tottenham extend Belgian defender's deal

1 hour ago | Tottenham

Tottenham have activated an option to extend Jan Vertonghen's contract with the club to 2020.

The Belgium international defender, who is currently sidelined until January with a thigh injury, was set to see his deal expire in the summer.

But Spurs have extended the 31-year-old's contract by one year.

Vertonghen has made 264 appearances for the club since joining from Dutch side Ajax in 2012, but only 14 this season because of injury problems.

He follows Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Dele Alli and Davinson Sanchez who have signed new contracts in the past seven months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46609966

I always thought Son looked like a very decent signing and it's probably because I've spent the last year living down under that I've not seen him consistently, but he looks banging this season. Who do you bring in up front when you have Kane, Son, Alli and Eriksen? Obviously Eriksen is more of a creator but the first three will all be on course for 20+ goals this season. Even Lucas Moura is on 7 goals already.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

A consistent contender for what?

They were the main competitors against Leicester for the title to be fair. Somehow ended up third in that two horse race which was very Spurs. xD

It really is easy to make fun of people that treat Tottenham like they've done a lot. In reality they've just gotten to the level getting top 4 regularly.

Edited by 6666

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

A consistent contender for what?

The last few years they have finished either second or third and if third, a point or two off of second. Currently they’re in the title race this season. They have been blown out of the title in previous seasons by strong Chelsea and City sides, but they’ve still been the closest thing to a contender in a blow out.

On limited resources Spurs have done great to consistently finish where they have and they look like title contenders this season on another limited budget.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

The last few years they have finished either second or third and if third, a point or two off of second. Currently they’re in the title race this season. They have been blown out of the title in previous seasons by strong Chelsea and City sides, but they’ve still been the closest thing to a contender in a blow out.

On limited resources Spurs have done great to consistently finish where they have and they look like title contenders this season on another limited budget.

The fact they've managed to be in some sort of anomalistic mix doesn't mean they're contenders in real terms.  The only side that have evolved to be real contenders (authentic ones) are Liverpool.  You can genuinely see them giving Manchester City (when the Manchester based club are thinking and still participating in the Champions League) headaches and maybe even more because they've become that good and that genuine.  That's a contender... An authentic contender!

Look... I don't want to batter Spurs with an Arsenal fan's funny stick, I'm not that kind of guy and in reality (although sometimes it may not seem so on here), I've matured and enjoy football in a more organic and a more humanely enjoyable manner.  But they ain't no contenders, I don't remember them being genuine contenders for the title in... (I feel embarrassed because to be honest, they may have been contenders in my lifetime but I swear to you, I now don't remember when that was) many generations.  As 6666 said, they had that campaign where Leicester City won the title where until the final month they were in it and WE... YES WE... ARSENAL in our decomposing state managed to finish runners-up in that very very odd Premier League season.

Spurs haven't been contenders (genuine) on your and probably my lifetime mate.  They have become much much better and I think we can muster up a debate in real terms where I can agree with you with the fact Tottenham Hotspur have become a more serious team in recent years.  But contender?  For what?