talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It is capped at 51k for teams outside of the bigger clubs, and I can't imagine Bournemouth brought a load.

It is capped, but beside that I don’t really take much notice. 

There’s a multitude of reasons why people are refusing to go to Wembley, we have about 20,000 or so season ticket holders that will not go back there apart from for semis or finals and perhaps arsenal/Chelsea. The pricing is horrific, the  club have taken the piss this year, it’s an awful place to get to and from and quite honestly I have a lot of respect for people that are able to take a stand like this.

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

worried about Everton's expansion already I see

Absolutely not, why would I be? Piss taking because people can't get to a Premier League football match, whatever their reason may be, is just weird to me. I don't really get it

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Toby Alderweireld: Tottenham trigger extension clause for the defender, but also include a release clause

18 minutes ago | Tottenham

Tottenham will trigger the extension clause in defender Toby Alderweireld's contract, but have also included a £25m release clause, manager Mauricio Pochettino says.

The Belgium international's current deal runs out next year but the club has an option to extend it until 2020.

The release clause of £25m will apply up to the last two weeks of the summer transfer window.

Pochettino said on Thursday: "It is the same situation as for Jan [Vertonghen]."

Spurs announced earlier in December that the club had extended Vertonghen's contract until 2020.

The Belgium defender is back in training after a thigh injury and is due to return in January.

Alderweireld joined Spurs in July 2015 from Spanish club Atletico Madrid. He has made 17 league appearances this season for Pochettino's side.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46693595

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Absolutely not, why would I be? Piss taking because people can't get to a Premier League football match, whatever their reason may be, is just weird to me. I don't really get it

Very Tory of him 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, shut up said:

It’s nothing to do with ppl not being able to make it, it’s to do with them have a small tinpot fan base :D

We averaged 68k there last year, we also broke the attendance record. As you know very well and I have said multiple times there are so many mitigating factors this year and we should applaud people taking the stand against a football club that has absolutely zero consideration for its supporters. 

As always your weird obsession means you always have to post about us and find a way to try and criticise, I don’t understand why, but I guess seeing us go beyond you has meant roles are reversed. I couldn’t care less about what Arsenal do apart from on the pitch. 

As said above though, the most ironic thing is this coming from an arsenal ‘fan’ that has never even been to the Emirates 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

You broke the record when it was a £10 a ticket :lol:

you had a lower home attendance than a league one (Sunderland) side this week. Absolutely small time outfit (spurs, not the mackems)

Also incorrect. Although again, if the club did actually offer reasonable prices that should be applauded

By the way your club couldn’t even sell out the Emirates last week when we battered you in a North London Derby  for £10 a ticket...so those in glass houses...

Perhaps you could trying going to a game sometime? 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, shut up said:

It was £20 a ticket actually ;)

and we pretty much sold out a league cup game, where as your last league cup game you brought in 27k :lol:

As someone who actually went to the game, I can tell you I paid £10 

Im leaving this here, because as usual it’s pointless drivel from a guy that never attends football and tries to score points on the internet against his ‘rivals’. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

Nobody is having a mare in this topic you gimp, chill out xD

you're in a Spurs-dedicated thread pointlessly banging on about attendances just because Spurs are better side than you these days both on the pitch and in the table, because you have nothing else to talk about. 

If it's not a mare, it's quite embarrassing 'rivalry' banter nonetheless.

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

How do you become a better side off the pitch exactly?

Well for one, transfers. Spurs have spent nothing in the summer and still outperforming you. Meanwhile, you're about to lose a great player in Ramsey and there's speculation that Ozil will leave, not to mention the obscene money that is spent on wages at your club anyway which far outweigh what Spurs spend.

Spurs are a class club in my opinion, on and off the pitch. I'd love United to be run like them. Great chairman, an owner who backs them rather than ponce money from the club like the Glazers do, a brilliant manager who coaches players rather than dismisses them after a few bad games, a very talented squad of players, a great youth policy, a fantastic new stadium... the only thing United have over them is history because they surely have a brighter future. 

They really don't get the credit they deserve. Pochettino's remit when he took charge was to get regular Champions' League football (which he has delivered). He has done so well, in fact, that he is being criticised for not winning anything a few years later. Progres and success aren't just about wining trophgies. Wigan won and FA Cup and got relegated a week later. Blackburn won a title and then went down a few years later. That's not progress. 

They spent nowt and were criticised all over the show at the start of the season yet they've had their best ever Premier League start and were above the supposedly untouchable Citeh before the Wolves game. I would absolutely love to see this Spurs side win the title this season (and not just because it means Citeh and Liverpool won't win it) and I believe they have a very genuine chance, albeit as outsiders. I think being under the radar might suit Spurs and I'd love to see them nick it on the last day.

As for the Arsenal thing, I don't think anyone would dispute that Arsenal are more successful or a 'bigger' club but in recent years Spurs are light years ahead, rather like United and Citeh tbh. 

8 hours ago, Danny said:

Recent years Arsenal have won 3 FA Cups....Spurs have operated really well and there is a financial gap between them and Arsenal but even in some of Arsenal's worst years they've still collected silverware.

True but sadly the FA Cup has little to no value these days as people seem more concerned with finishing in the top four which Spurs do and Arsenal don't anymore

2 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

True but sadly the FA Cup has little to no value these days as people seem more concerned with finishing in the top four which Spurs do and Arsenal don't anymore

Maybe, but you can finish top 4 and win the FA Cup.

No one will remember a top 4 finish but thousands of Arsenal fans will remember winning the Cup at Wembley multiple times.

• Subscriber

'Christian is so important... it will be fantastic if he will commit to the club': Mauricio Pochettino calls on star man Eriksen to renew his Spurs deal after reports suggested talks had stalled

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino accepts that Christian Eriksen has the right to ponder a future away from the club.

Eriksen has been one of the star players for Spurs over the last few years as they have challenged at the top end of the Premier League but he is reported to be stalling on a new deal.

He is out of contract in the summer of 2020 but if he does not sign a new deal by the end of this season, Spurs might be forced to listen to offers in order to get true value for the Denmark international.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6554181/Mauricio-Pochettino-calls-Christian-Eriksen-renew-Spurs-deal.html

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

'Christian is so important... it will be fantastic if he will commit to the club': Mauricio Pochettino calls on star man Eriksen to renew his Spurs deal after reports suggested talks had stalled

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino accepts that Christian Eriksen has the right to ponder a future away from the club.

Eriksen has been one of the star players for Spurs over the last few years as they have challenged at the top end of the Premier League but he is reported to be stalling on a new deal.

He is out of contract in the summer of 2020 but if he does not sign a new deal by the end of this season, Spurs might be forced to listen to offers in order to get true value for the Denmark international.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6554181/Mauricio-Pochettino-calls-Christian-Eriksen-renew-Spurs-deal.html

So Poch is in talks talks with United whilst at the same time trying to get Spurs best players committed to new contracts 9_9

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

So Poch is in talks talks with United whilst at the same time trying to get Spurs best players committed to new contracts 9_9

So the papers say, I think Poch will stick it out with Spurs with the new stadium looming. :D