talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

If the bloke gets ID'd he should be banned from Spurs games. There isn't anything wrong with a bash up if both parties wanna go but smacking a bloke unprovoked and permanently damaging his eyesight is cuntery of the highest order.

Let's hope they can sort their form out there or they're going to find things quite difficult.

It could take a bit of adjusting to, it just won't be home for them. I'll miss White Hart Lane too, great stadium with a lot of tradition.

• Administrator

I don't think they will struggle. This season's CL form at Wembley was a bit shit but I think that novelty has worn off. They'll actually be playing regularly there next season as opposed to chopping and changing home games. 

And just realised that with this Wembley decision, away teams around this time of the season could be going to Wembley 3 or 4 times in a row if they make the Semi-finals of the FA Cup. Never agreed with the decision to hold the cup semis there as the 'magic' is lost by playing there in the Final. 

These are the problems you encounter with such a strict wage structure. 

You can't expect in this day and age of greedy footballers for them to be challenging at the top whilst getting paid mid-table wages and not eventually want to move to make more money. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

These are the problems you encounter with such a strict wage structure. 

You can't expect in this day and age of greedy footballers for them to be challenging at the top whilst getting paid mid-table wages and not eventually want to move to make more money. 

These are the problems you encounter when you do well and other people want to unsettle you...

If you believe the papers we are selling about 15 players xD

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

These are the problems you encounter when you do well and other people want to unsettle you...

If you believe the papers we are selling about 15 players xD

If you think you can keep your best players at Tottenham Hotspur whilst ruling a strict wage budget in this day and age then all I can say is LOL. 

Spurs might be good at getting maximum fee's but they are still a selling club that don't have the financial recourses or pulling power to keep hold of their best players. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

If you think you can keep your best players at Tottenham Hotspur whilst ruling a strict wage budget in this day and age then all I can say is LOL. 

Spurs might be good at getting maximum fee's but they are still a selling club that don't have the financial recourses or pulling power to keep hold of their best players. 

We can do, particularly as we progress, but that's the whole point of the new stadium, the wage structure won't be as strict once we have the income to match. 

That second bit is a bit of a myth - we sell no more players than anyone. United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. all sold key players in recent times. We haven't had to sell a key player to any club in England since Berbatov - it just doesn't happen anymore. If we do need to sell for huge money we will sell abroad.

Thankfully I don't see that really being an issue for the time being, certainly not this summer, and in all likelihood not the year after either. The only one we may see as expendable if he wants to go is Walker, because £50 million for a Right back is insane. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

We can do, particularly as we progress, but that's the whole point of the new stadium, the wage structure won't be as strict once we have the income to match. 

That second bit is a bit of a myth - we sell no more players than anyone. United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. all sold key players in recent times. We haven't had to sell a key player to any club in England since Berbatov - it just doesn't happen anymore. If we do need to sell for huge money we will sell abroad.

Thankfully I don't see that really being an issue for the time being, certainly not this summer, and in all likelihood not the year after either. The only one we may see as expendable if he wants to go is Walker, because £50 million for a Right back is insane. 

We'll see :coffee:

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

We'll see :coffee:

There's been a lot of we'll see about us and we consistently have shown teams up this year, and last. We were written off at the start of the season. 

7 hours ago, Storts said:

There's been a lot of we'll see about us and we consistently have shown teams up this year, and last. We were written off at the start of the season. 

I think you've honestly missed the whole point of the discussion. I wasn't referring to the past 2 seasons I was talking about what could possibly happen when your biggest players realise they can earn more than double at other clubs. 

Ive nothing against Spurs really. Well run, play good stuff and a good manager. I just think your players will/could be hand picked sooner or later. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think you've honestly missed the whole point of the discussion. I wasn't referring to the past 2 seasons I was talking about what could possibly happen when your biggest players realise they can earn more than double at other clubs. 

Ive nothing against Spurs really. Well run, play good stuff and a good manager. I just think your players will/could be hand picked sooner or later. 

I haven't missed it at all, I'm just not worried in the slightest. We don't have to sell players, we have them on long term contracts, and as long we keep progressing no real reason to go. The new stadium will allow us to increase our wage bill - which in turn will appease some of these concerns. We're not Southampton or the like, we aren't going to have a mass exodus. The most you'll see is one a summer, but even then there are no guarantees

1 hour ago, Storts said:

The most you'll see is one a summer, but even then there are no guarantees

But don't you think that ONE a summer depends on which one?

Without a doubt you're building in the correct manner, but I do feel that if a pillar departs it could bring it all down unless he is replaced adequately.

• Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

But don't you think that ONE a summer depends on which one?

Without a doubt you're building in the correct manner, but I do feel that if a pillar departs it could bring it all down unless he is replaced adequately.

To an extent yes, but we've proven in the past we are able to sign young players and develop them into stars. I'm not worried