talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

10 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think between Rashford, Sterling and Sancho we’ll be ok without Kane, wouldn’t be surprised if Vardy comes out of retirement for the tournament if that’s the case.

I think you’re doing Kane a disservice by saying “we’ll be ok”. We’d not be the same side without Kane, we’d be without the 2018 World Cup Golden Ball winner, multiple Premier League Top Scorer and one of the best strikers on the planet. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

I think you’re doing Kane a disservice by saying “we’ll be ok”. We’d not be the same side without Kane, we’d be without the 2018 World Cup Golden Ball winner, multiple Premier League Top Scorer and one of the best strikers on the planet. 

We’ll still be OK. Not having Kane doesn’t take away from the quality of Rashford, Sterling and Sancho lol. OK is a pretty apt term

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'd play Vardy ahead of Rashford to be honest. 

At 33 years old, I think he's better staying retired, save himself for Leicester. The emergence of Tammy Abraham is enough not to sweat too much over Kane.

2 minutes ago, DNA said:

At 33 years old, I think he's better staying retired, save himself for Leicester. The emergence of Tammy Abraham is enough not to sweat too much over Kane.

I'm thinking more short term (Euro's). I think Vardy (even at 33) is still a better option than both Rashford and Tammy as things stand. Granted this would certainly be Vardy's last tournament for England.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stan said:

So his salary goes up to £16,000/w?

1500% pay rise makes it sound so sensational xD 

I'd say it is quite a sensational rise for a kid that's played three PL games. You'd surely be looking to wait until the end of the season before handing out any rewards

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'd say it is quite a sensational rise for a kid that's played three PL games. You'd surely be looking to wait until the end of the season before handing out any rewards

Only got a year and a bit left on his deal. Tie him down now, the lad is class 

• Upvote 1

On 07/02/2020 at 04:25, LFCMike said:

Yeah it’s early days on his career, but when a youth player comes in and doesn’t look out of place at all... I think that’s a pretty good indicator they’ll make it. He’s got all the physical attributes to be a success, I think the rest comes down to his mentality and for a defender Mourinho might be one of the best people around to shape his mentality.

He made his debut against us and ended up looking like Spurs’ best defender against our attack imo. It’s early days, but you can see the raw quality is there. Now it’s up to him to make the most of the quality he’s got.

I’d be well happy with extending his contract if I were a Spurs fan. Imagine if they didn’t and kept developing next season and he looks class and then around January Spurs offer him a contract, but he’d probably have other suitors with 6 months left on his contract. Then they’d risk losing a promising young player.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but it's absolutely ludicrous as to why Tottenham didn't get a striker in the past month.

They already had the knowledge Kane was out for possibly the rest of the season and had the time to resolve that.

They obviously tried to find a striker going off transfer rumours, but didn't get anything over the line and in the end, assumed they could get by with Lucas and Son, but neither are actual forwards.

Would have thought Jose would have wanted a striker desperately but can only assume his hands would have been tied.

A striker surely had to have been the target, at whatever cost, and now they will pay the price heavily.

You can't tell me there isn't someone out there they could have got. It's ridiculous. Such a shame really when they had started to turn the corner.

Edited by Lucas