talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

This sounds like the fiasco at United when Jose asked a similar request for Woodward, and the response sounds similar from Levy.  :whistling:

Quote.thumb.png.9e96b4c052076d756997c3846779f1bc.png

Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho has told chairman Daniel Levy he wants five new signings this summer - but Spurs will have to focus on loan deals and free agents. (90min)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more behind the scenes Mourinho.

I think these "All or Nothing"s are a lot more sanitary though than something like Sunderland 'til I Die. Granted, I'm just judging that off the City one.

This is the arrogance of Joe Hart. Not willing to drop down a level to build his reputation (it’s shit now for a reason mate)  back up. Instead, he’s willing to throw another two years of his career away by being third choice at Spurs. Barring mass injury he will play 5 games in two seasons, max. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

This is the arrogance of Joe Hart. Not willing to drop down a level to build his reputation (it’s shit now for a reason mate)  back up. Instead, he’s willing to throw another two years of his career away by being third choice at Spurs. Barring mass injury he will play 5 games in two seasons, max. 

Have you seen the schedule for this season? He'll get more than that I think.

Also, I don't think he's arrogant at all. For all we know he might just be confident enough to not worry about reputation and still want to play at a decent level. We have no idea how much he's being paid or what his mindset is :what:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Have you seen the schedule for this season? He'll get more than that I think.

Also, I don't think he's arrogant at all. For all we know he might just be confident enough to not worry about reputation and still want to play at a decent level. We have no idea how much he's being paid or what his mindset is :what:

He’s going in as third choice. He’s not got a chance of making it as their first choice as he isn’t better than Lloris. He’s not exactly gonna be playing at a decent level though. The schedule doesn’t make much difference. Lloris will play 50 games this coming season, anything over with go to Gazzaniga. You and I both know a GK is the least rotated in the squad. I just see this as pointless for Hart, who has said numerous times that he wants to be playing football at this point in his career. 

I know where @Rick is coming from and I do partly agree, at his age he ideally wants to be first choice somewhere.

What we don't know is what offers he actually has/had. Imagine joining QPR for a season, 46 games and collect £15-20k, or back up at Spurs, play a few games and get £40k-50k? You could see why he'd choose the latter.

Also on the flip side of that as @Stansaid, Spurs have so many games with Europa League and domestic cups, you'd think he would get a look in somewhere and whose to say it won't be at the expense of Gazzaniga? Did he really take his chance when Lloris was out for a while mid season? I'm not too sure Jose trusts him. Maybe he wants a bit more experience there.

If for whatever reason Lloris got injured again, Jose has always preferred experience over youth, I could see him playing Hart over Gazzaniga.

And for all we know, Jose may have brought him for reasons that aren't obvious. Vastly experienced, vocal in the dressing room, someone who can pass on knowledge and insight to the younger players, maybe just as a personality? I'm sure Mourinho alluded to his team as a good guys but they need to be more nasty or ruthless? Well, maybe Joe Hart has that personality, we know he's always been very confident in his ability.

Either way, I don't think he has been brought in completely on a whim. It's been well thought out one way or another. 

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I know where @Rick is coming from and I do partly agree, at his age he ideally wants to be first choice somewhere.

What we don't know is what offers he actually has/had. Imagine joining QPR for a season, 46 games and collect £15-20k, or back up at Spurs, play a few games and get £40k-50k? You could see why he'd choose the latter.

Also on the flip side of that as @Stansaid, Spurs have so many games with Europa League and domestic cups, you'd think he would get a look in somewhere and whose to say it won't be at the expense of Gazzaniga? Did he really take his chance when Lloris was out for a while mid season? I'm not too sure Jose trusts him. Maybe he wants a bit more experience there.

If for whatever reason Lloris got injured again, Jose has always preferred experience over youth, I could see him playing Hart over Gazzaniga.

And for all we know, Jose may have brought him for reasons that aren't obvious. Vastly experienced, vocal in the dressing room, someone who can pass on knowledge and insight to the younger players, maybe just as a personality? I'm sure Mourinho alluded to his team as a good guys but they need to be more nasty or ruthless? Well, maybe Joe Hart has that personality, we know he's always been very confident in his ability.

Either way, I don't think he has been brought in completely on a whim. It's been well thought out one way or another. 

In addition to that which I didn't mention, he may have joined for coaching reasons/UEFA licenses at a top club etc. I don't specifically know how the UEFA license coaching badges work but it wouldn't surprise me if Spurs have been able to offer this and it might have been an offer where Spurs have been a better proposition than any other club. Maybe he plans to settle in London too. Who knows...

Just now, Stan said:

In addition to that which I didn't mention, he may have joined for coaching reasons/UEFA licenses at a top club etc. I don't specifically know how the UEFA license coaching badges work but it wouldn't surprise me if Spurs have been able to offer this and it might have been an offer where Spurs have been a better proposition than any other club. Maybe he plans to settle in London too. Who knows...

And in relation to that, if he's directly replaced Vorm, he would also count as a 'home grown' player and therefore wouldn't have to fill up a space in the Europa League squad so that would also give them greater flexibility of having another outfield player to select.

• Upvote 1

@Lucas @Stan Some fair points raised by you both. Never thought about the homegrown place to be honest. Makes more sense. 

I’m no fan of Joe Hart. Thought he was vastly overrated at city and he has always had that air of arrogance about him. Not my taste at all. He’s banged on about playing first team football since he left Burnley, then goes and makes this sort of move. There may be good reason for it, but he just ends up looking a bit of a knob to me. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Spike said:

@Storts so is Ndombele a flop?

Give it one more year. Make or break for him but the signs weren’t good. Extremely talented. Quality on the ball, brilliant vision and passer etc. But application completely lacking, can’t run for shit, can’t track, won’t get stuck in. Early signs were not good for making it in the prem. 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the second wave of three episodes today.

I always prefer the transfer window episodes because that generally provides some great insight other than the usual match routines.

Episode 5 didn't disappoint either, especially seeing a disgruntled Danny Rose and Jose clash. It was refreshing to see something a bit more 'edgy' than the normal niceties.

And it was nice to see the chat between Eriksen, Levy and Jose on the possibility of Inter signing him from each person's perspective. Refreshing honesty.

On episode 4, it's alright but I was hoping for more of the Poch era, I suppose as soon as Mourinho came in it became more marketable with him in it. Still feel like you're never really seeing the true picture, everyone is different with a camera around.

That bit when Son got sent off and he just stared despairingly into the middle distance xD All a bit contrived. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...