talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• 3 weeks later...

What a player. I remember his breakthrough season and I hold my hands up, I thought he might be a steady, decent goalscorer for Spurs, at most. But he's become one of the best in the world, consistently scoring lots of goals and now becoming a perfect number 10. 

I hope he wins something with Spurs, I think the way they have operated has been very admirable and it'd be nice to see a club that don't spend billions be rewarded for hardwork and patience. Not much of a fan of Mourinho but I'd overlook that to see Spurs win something this year, ideally the league.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 22/08/2020 at 19:47, Spike said:

@Storts so is Ndombele a flop?

What a turnaround for him, as I said below to you originally the talent was obvious, he has it all, but the application was lacking. This year though ... putting it all together. One of the most gifted footballers I’ve ever seen. His balance, agility, vision, just incredible. He sees things that very few others would. Now he’s got the work rate to go with it too. Still a long way to go to reach his potential, want him to add more goals and assists since he’s playing higher Up the pitch but he’s properly turned around his spurs career and he’s one of the first names on the team sheet. 

• 4 weeks later...

How long do you give Mourinho?

Surely Levy is considering his position now, Spurs have one of the best attacking line ups in the Premier league all he seems interested in doing is shutting the door and praying one of Kane and Son can break away to score. It's such an outdated system and it has to be carried out by a team with a solid defensive unit and Spurs haven't got that. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Devil said:

How long do you give Mourinho?

Surely Levy is considering his position now, Spurs have one of the best attacking line ups in the Premier league all he seems interested in doing is shutting the door and praying one of Kane and Son can break away to score. It's such an outdated system and it has to be carried out by a team with a solid defensive unit and Spurs haven't got that. 

He needs to go. 

But we can’t afford to sack him 

It’s also a vanity project for Levy 

A real mess 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Levy isn’t going to pay out that kind of compensation though, is he. He’ll at least wait till summer, or for a Jose meltdown and try and sack him for breach of contract :ph34r:

Yeah it’s something mad like 20-30 mill. Not a chance he’s paying that, especially not when we are losing so much money currently. 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah it’s something mad like 20-30 mill. Not a chance he’s paying that, especially not when we are losing so much money currently. 

Really wasting Kane's best years is Levy now, at least under Poch there was progression towards the title

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

What if he was to win you a trophy, would that change the mindset of the fans?

Say he won the Europa league, lost to City in the league cup and continued his dodgy form in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Really wasting Kane's best years is Levy now, at least under Poch there was progression towards the title

Kane isn't going anywhere anymore. The transfer fee would be that huge it wouldn't make sense given his age and the fact he has a pretty long injury record. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yup. It’s a real problem. 

We’ve regressed massively. Liverpool may be doing the same. Those three transfer windows where we didn’t refresh the squad at all are really costing us. You can’t afford to stand still in this league and we did. We just need a bit more investment to get us over the top.

Levy has a lot to answer for 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil said:

What if he was to win you a trophy, would that change the mindset of the fans?

Say he won the Europa league, lost to City in the league cup and continued his dodgy form in the league. 

Not for me. I don’t want him here. I don’t want this football or this continued stubborn refusal to play to our strengths. He’s now started saying it’s out of his control etc. 

If he wins the Europa I’ll be delighted - but he should then be sacked in the summer

Our league form is an embarrassment 

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not for me. I don’t want him here. I don’t want this football or this continued stubborn refusal to play to our strengths. He’s now started saying it’s out of his control etc. 

If he wins the Europa I’ll be delighted - but he should then be sacked in the summer

Our league form is an embarrassment 

If he wins the Europa league he will no doubt have a huge bonus built into his contract so he could be walking away with a huge sum of money if you include the pay off as well.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devil said:

If he wins the Europa league he will no doubt have a huge bonus built into his contract so he could be walking away with a huge sum of money if you include the pay off as well.

Yup he has a massive contract that includes incentives on trophies. 

• 1 month later...