talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Spurs are a big club, they've had a bad appointment in choice of manager but their next appointment is key. Low and behold they're still fighting in the top half of the table if Rodgers leaves Leicester then they will suffer. They won the Final due to Chelsea being lacklustre and them getting lucky, truth is like many finals it was a dower game.

They won cos they won, all Spurs have is Harry Kane and a new stadium. There is a legacy in motion at Leicester, Rodgers will not leave that for Spurs as long as things are going alright at Leicester. And things are going perfectly at the moment 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I'd much prefer Flick (if that is true - big if), Rodgers (if he wanted it - chances are, he does not) and one of the top Italian managers but I don't think Rafa would be a joke. He's done a good job whenever he's been in the PL and would be a good, solid appointment.

I get that we are technically the bigger club, I just think Leicester are a much better place to be right now. He's loved there, just won a trophy, CL football (probably), great relationship with owner.

Rumours about Kane swirling yesterday but according to Gold, he hasn't asked to leave so suspect a lot of stories being rehashed today!

Then Leicester need to consolidate their position and grow and they can, unlike many teams they seem to have very good owners which means they can attract bigger investors and sponsors. This new season will be the bench mark for them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

They won cos they won, all Spurs have is Harry Kane and a new stadium. There is a legacy in motion at Leicester, Rodgers will not leave that for Spurs as long as things are going alright at Leicester. And things are going perfectly at the moment 

Nah, the final was below par and either team could have taken it. It doesn't matter if Rodger's leaves or stays but going to spurs is not for him.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Persephone said:

Spurs are a big club, they've had a bad appointment in choice of manager but their next appointment is key. Low and behold they're still fighting in the top half of the table if Rodgers leaves Leicester then they will suffer. They won the Final due to Chelsea being lacklustre and them getting lucky, truth is like many finals it was a dower game.

@Storts I'm now reconsidering my earlier decision...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

We have the makings of a good team that can challenge. We need a top new manager and maybe three signings. 

I would have to agree, we are total shit at the moment but spurs have a quality squad, under the right manager who can galvanise them they can be a great team.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Persephone said:

Which means you agree or not? Finals have always 'mostly' been cagey affiairs.

I don't agree in the slightest we were 'lucky' or that we won just because 'Chelsea were lacklustre'. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't agree in the slightest we were 'lucky' or that we won just because 'Chelsea were lacklustre'. 

Well, my opinion is you were and Chelsea were indeed lacklustre, it was a great strike by Teilemans but maybe in another match the ball striking a hand could have reversed the decision or possibly he would have been closed down quicker? 

For you it was a great day but for the rest it was a bit of a stalemate, whoever blinked first lost. Simples! 

14 hours ago, Storts said:

I like this guy(?)^

Can we keep him @Stan, pleaaaaseeee? :100_pray:

So what is it you like about me?

13 hours ago, Stan said:

Haha he's not a racist neanderthal so he can stay :D 

I hope you read the bio I painstakingly wrote and see I live in one of the most diverse boroughs in London, if you're attracting racists xenophobic bigots then you may need to take a harder line? have either of you been to London?

You have both discriminated against me but that's fine, let's craic on!!!

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

spurs are famous for being perineal underachievers and bottling big moments. That's it.

Two league cups in 30 years?

I was trying to be diplomatic, although the Gooner in me suggests they should hire Christian Gross as manager again! 

10 minutes ago, shut up said:

it's the obvious thing in the world that this new user is a spurs fan xD

I'm sorry I have risen above crude bigotry and adolescent pettiness, these are the same staple racism and xenophobic tendencies are borne from, understanding and mutual respect should be adhered too, banter should be whitty and spontaneous and not offend anyone, things get out of hand when the Neanderthals think they've said something mummy would praise them for.

You are not funny and I am offended!!!!

Edited by Persephone

4 minutes ago, shut up said:

Do people realise that Leicester won the League Cup in 1997 and 2000, and also runner up in 1999? Add the Premier League and FA Cup to that and they've achieved way more than Spurs in the past 25 years. 

People are talking like they're Mansfield Town or something lol

Okay?

No.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Persephone said:

I hope you read the bio I painstakingly wrote and see I live in one of the most diverse boroughs in London, if you're attracting racists xenophobic bigots then you may need to take a harder line? have either of you been to London?

You have both discriminated against me but that's fine, let's craic on!!!

You realise I wasn't calling you a racist neanderthal, right? You don't have to justify anything to us xD

Not sure where we've discriminated against you, mind...

You realise I wasn't calling you a racist neanderthal, right? You don't have to justify anything to us xD

No, but to bringing it up means the site has had problems, I'm basically telling you I wont put up with those issues, a general statement and to state very categorically (and Publicly) I don't tolerate such attitudes or comments. 

Not sure where we've discriminated against you, mind...

You both have, never assume anything :cardY:

• Administrator
Just now, Persephone said:

No, but to bringing it up means the site has had problems, I'm basically telling you I wont put up with those issues, a general statement and to state very categorically (and Publicly) I don't tolerate such attitudes or comments. 

You both have, never assume anything :cardY:

And they were dealt with and nothing to do with you :) 

Where have we discriminated against you? 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

And they were dealt with and nothing to do with you :) 

Where have we discriminated against you? 

No, I'm only trying to make you see what you've written, I'm not offended trust me, it's more a case of not seeing the wood for the trees.

I have no clue what has happened here but the way both of you have mentioned it means something has happened here and yes, it isn't my business but the general issue is a world problem thus making it everyone's business. 

17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Is this a fucking joke xD

Tottenham, being serious, are an unfortunate club who promises a lot but gives very little back. I wouldn't put it in those terms but the inner Gooner in me does make you right. 

I've just been told a good one off one of my mates. 

Apparently he knows a painter and decorator who's having to do a rush job on a property in Bowdon, Cheshire. This property is one of several that need work doing before early next week when a certain Harry Kane will be viewing properties.

:4_joy:

Someone always knows someone who is in the know don't they. :4_joy:

• Haha 1

It does not appear that Kane has any kind of binding agreement nor clause in his contract that would allow him to leave how he wants. The ball is still in the club's court. He could, of course, throw his toys out of the pram and down tools but that would both destroy his bond with the club and not impress other clubs. He's contracted until 2024 so the offer would have to be satisfactory to the club.

Knowing Levy, I see this being 150 mil or 120 mil and a couple of players.