talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Feels like the much needed overhaul of the squad is going to happen.

Lamela going to Sevilla

Alderweireld off to Qatar 

Sissoko and Aurier likely off 

Possibly Sanchez, Dier and winks too. 

Gil and Romero look like happening, Gollini in, probably Tomiyasu too. Probably another striker too. All go  

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

What do you expect the team to look like end of transfer window?

Lloris 

Tomiyasu Romero CB Reguilon

Lo Celso Hojbjerg Ndombele/Skipp

Bergwijn Kane Son

Something like that anyway 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
21 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Thank you Stan. I'm not an ardent football supporter so won't be able to discuss tactics but I may have one or two useful things to say.

Don't worry, you've automatically become the most knowledgeable Spurs fan on here. 

• Haha 1

I said when Brendan started for Leicester that the right decision had been made and so it's turned out Stan, what are your realistic hopes for this season? By the way, I'm not anti any other team or their supporters including Arsenal, I'm not that sort of follower.........ok. There'll be no provocation from me.

Edited by Chickasaw

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I said when Brendan started for Leicester that the right decision had been made and so it's turned out Stan, what are your realistic hopes for this season? By the way, I'm not anti any other team or their supporters including Arsenal, I'm not that sort of follower.........ok. There'll be no provocation from me.

A challenge for top 4 becomes ever harder with Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd making costly and expensive improvements to their sides. West Ham seem a good challenger for Europe, as do perhaps Villa & Leeds. 

It's a shame to have lost out on top 4 in the last two seasons, and I of course want to shatter that glass ceiling which seems to be getting stronger or further away each season, but I'd be happy with a trophy again and top 6. I think for a club of our (growing) stature, to be able to compete against teams that have no limit on spending, is good enough. I'd love to win the Europa League. A proper pre-season this time around and strengthening the squad may help us do that. Another FA Cup would be great!

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Tricky match tomorrow Stan, wouldn't like to predict a win either way, feels like a draw. What do you think?

Draw as well. 

Their front four demolished us last season with us having a makeshift defence. 

This season is also makeshift for now, and I'm wary of Antonio against our defence. 

But we didn't have Barnes at their place last season and his pace and wing-play helps us a lot. So I think there'll be goals but also can't call it. 

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

Adama Traore could be going to Spurs. Loan with £40m option to buy! 

£40m?! Huge amount of money for someone who's end product is ridiculously inconsistent. 

That sounds like a brutal signing. It's not even like it's an opportunity to develop under a new manager - it's still Nuno.

Being generous, I think he could be a useful wingback for games against minnows. Unsure if that is worth £40m. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2021 at 14:06, Stan said:

Adama Traore could be going to Spurs. Loan with £40m option to buy! 

£40m?! Huge amount of money for someone who's end product is ridiculously inconsistent. 

I'm happy he didn't come. Firstly he's not worth £40mill and secondly, there's a lot of huff and puff running but not much final result. He misses too much in front of goal.

Edited by Chickasaw

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Storts said:

I said in the summer i just wanted someone to get us back to playing progressive attacking football. I’d take Potter 100% 

I was just about to say that Potter was always the stand out choice for me from the outside looking in.