talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Rick said:

I was just about to say that Potter was always the stand out choice for me from the outside looking in. 

Yeah, obviously I’m only joking with Nuno out already, but honestly can’t see any improvement in style just yet. Will give him a chance but we are just so dull to watch again. The knock against potter was for all the plaudits for the football the results have never been there. If Brighton have a good season this year then I think he will be snapped up by a bigger club. 

43 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, obviously I’m only joking with Nuno out already, but honestly can’t see any improvement in style just yet. Will give him a chance but we are just so dull to watch again. The knock against potter was for all the plaudits for the football the results have never been there. If Brighton have a good season this year then I think he will be snapped up by a bigger club. 

I think that was mostly from people that don't understand a. what xg is and how it's used and b. that one full season of football is still too small a sample size to be making judgements about his teams inability to finish even though the chances are getting created regularly. I think this season they'll do a lot better than last.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I've been defensive of Nuno as a manager but I think the main issue so far having watch Spurs under him is the squad he has isn't suited specifically to how he wants to play, and I'm not sure Spurs will move certain players on to do that as it may feel reductive to the squad they have built.

They have a run of fairly difficult fixtures imo up until December which under Poch you would have expected them to win most, but under Mourinho and now Nuno I'm not so sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/10/2021 at 13:35, Danny said:

I think I've been defensive of Nuno as a manager but I think the main issue so far having watch Spurs under him is the squad he has isn't suited specifically to how he wants to play, and I'm not sure Spurs will move certain players on to do that as it may feel reductive to the squad they have built.

They have a run of fairly difficult fixtures imo up until December which under Poch you would have expected them to win most, but under Mourinho and now Nuno I'm not so sure.

I really do feel sorry for him, hearing & seeing so much of Wolves, it felt comparable to Rodgers & Swansea however many years ago. It really doesn't seem he'll follow a similar path now though.

For me it does seem his approach perhaps is not suiting a side expected to dominate possession most games. And perhaps he's not used to working with badly motivated star names, which of course is quite different to kids barely out the youth teams, raring to get on the pitch.

The punching of the air thing by Kane in the opener against Wolves, if anyone noticed that.. for me he becomes a smell in the room if he's playing at my club.. which maybe does also link on to some clubs just being very different from another.

For all these sorts of reasons I think Spurs will show him the door sooner rather than later, while European qualification is still on the table. And Nuno probably gets to be Watfords 3rd manager of the season.

Edited by Reluctant Striker

It seems he was in need of a break at the end of last season. I don't have anything personal against the man, he seems like a nice guy and I don't usually call for sackings before even a dozen games but he really does have to go. It's not working and it's not going to.

Conte would be a brilliant appointment although why we didn't agree to give him what he wanted in the summer is beyond me. I would also like someone like Ten Haag or Potter but I doubt they'll want it. Steven Gerrard too but if he does leave Rangers, I think it would be in summer.

At the moment, we are just...nothing.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Tottenham Hostpur Football Club.

Thank you so much for taking a bullet this weekend and allowing us to see Ole manager Manchester United for a little longer.

We are a gift to the league 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 11:27, Storts said:

Ridiculous. He absolutely doesn’t 

Why not? Have you noticed just how dismal his scoring record is against the top teams? One PL goal all season and a lot of sitters missed. Just because he scored 7 against microbes for England doesn't mean to say his form will return for Spurs. He doesn't want to be at Spurs so cash in now before his form gets worse. Less than bang average against the top tier teams. When did he last score against City or Liverpool or Chelsea or on a regular basis? Open your eyes, stop being blinded by favouritism.

• 3 weeks later...