talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

we are not going to sell our best players period.  we told the media and directed to Madrid that Bruno is not for sale at all don't even call

You know football Orange, things can just NEVER be believed. Luton's chairman said "David Pleat is not going to Tottenham". He did.

6 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

You know football Orange, things can just NEVER be believed. Luton's chairman said "David Pleat is not going to Tottenham". He did.

At this stage we are on the up,  and players like Bruno are key to that,  selling him will be setting ourselves back in a market where replacing him is more expensive than the money recieved.   Bruno's price tag is unaffordable,  unless Real have 200m lying around. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

At this stage we are on the up,  and players like Bruno are key to that,  selling him will be setting ourselves back in a market where replacing him is more expensive than the money recieved.   Bruno's price tag is unaffordable,  unless Real have 200m lying around. 

How long have you been following Toon Orange?

Bubbles on Wednesday, potential banana skin? Two consecutive away wins will boost Spurs handsomely.

Will the win against Villa kick start them?

LLLWW.    LLLWD.....LLLWL. Trying to picture it. Difficult. I'll stick my neck out and say a close away win.

"Antonio Conte says he’s going to put Clement Lenglet in Tottenham Hotspur’s starting line-up very soon. 

Speaking to the club’s official website after his side’s 1-1 draw with West Ham United last night, Conte says that Lenglet deserves a chance to play."  And about time too. I looked at the team sheet yesterday evening and just shook my head. Why persist with Son at the moment, give him a rest? Come on Antonio, you're a top coach..........get it right. Our forwards are misfiring for some reason. Out of 10 goals scored 3 have been by the opposition and we were lucky last night.

Two London derbies have resulted in 2 draws with opposition assists in both. Let's hope we put it right against Fulham.

However, there was a symmetry again last night and a lot of coincidences this season and until this trend breaks a lot of scores might yet still be in the laps of the Gods.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Eh?

British law does not currently allow players to buy themselves out of their contracts, therefore clubs are keen to avoid inserting them into deals.  A release clause essentially allows players to be bought out of their contracts for a fixed fee

Edited by Happy Blue

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

British law does not currently allow players to buy themselves out of their contracts, therefore clubs are keen to avoid inserting them into deals.  A release clause essentially allows players to be bought out of their contracts for a fixed fee

That says players to buy themselves out of their contracts. 

A release clause is a club paying the necessary fee, agreed in the players' contract by the selling club? 

Kante had one back in 2016 which is why Chelsea brought him on a relative cheap.

Chris Wood had one to be able to leave Burnley for Newcastle.

There's always relegation release clauses or release clauses for specific clubs (European-participating clubs for example) 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

A release clause is a club paying the necessary fee, agreed in the players' contract by the selling club? 

Kante had one back in 2016 which is why Chelsea brought him on a relative cheap.

There's always relegation release clauses or release clauses for specific clubs (European-participating clubs for example) 

It's frowned upon and i don't think clubs in England have to legally honour them even if they are in the contract ..unlucky Haaland, i'm sure our 200 strong legal team could force him to stay :ph34r:😂

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Well not necessarily. In Spain for instance, a 'release clause' is triggered when a player buys out the remainer of the contract on a pre-agreed amount, this is circumvented by the 'purchasing' club 'loaning' that amount to the player. This specific manner of 'release clause' is very much illegal in the UK so @Happy Blue is correct to a degree.

I think English clubs typically use a 'good faith' clause that promises a player they will enter negotiations when certain conditions are met, not that they will necessarily accept the offer. This is essentially what happened with the Luis Suarez to Arsenal incident, that being 40,000,000 pounds were the bare minimum of entering a negotiation with Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well not necessarily. In Spain for instance, a 'release clause' is triggered when a player buys out the remainer of the contract on a pre-agreed amount, this is circumvented by the 'purchasing' club 'loaning' that amount to the player. This specific manner of 'release clause' is very much illegal in the UK so @Happy Blue is correct to a degree.

I think English clubs typically use a 'good faith' clause that promises a player they will enter negotiations when certain conditions are met, not that they will necessarily accept the offer. This is essentially what happened with the Luis Suarez to Arsenal incident, that being 40,000,000 pounds were the bare minimum of entering a negotiation with Liverpool.

I didn't think we were talking about Spain though. 

2-0 against 10 men and scoring very late on. Didn't play well yet still beat an unbeaten team. Son and Kane misfired. But, to my great relief Richy scored the 2 goals. I will repeat, I never said he was a bad player, he's proved he's not and I was wrong in thinking he might not be the right signing for us.

On we go but form MUST improve. Well done though my Tottenham.

Edited by Chickasaw

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I didn't think we were talking about Spain though. 

Then you didn’t bother reading the whole post. If you don’t get the point, then I don’t know how to describe it clearer. I really don’t understand how you got hung up on that.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Then you didn’t bother reading the whole post. If you don’t get the point, then I don’t know how to describe it clearer. I really don’t understand how you got hung up on that.

Not with you, with Happy Blue. 

Of course I get the point. It's not confusing at all. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Richarlison seemed to do okay tonight. 

Yes and I'm still sighing with relief Stan. There's nothing wrong with being uncertain is there? I hope he kicks on and all I want to see is goals against 11 and not 10 for the whole team. Good start and a good chance of going through.