talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

On 09/10/2022 at 10:19, Tar-Mairon said:

Moura is a decent squad player, you can stick him on to run down the clock and keep what you have.

Glad we got the win yesterday in emotional circumstances. Glad he's been forced to drop Royal and hopefully Doherty gets up to match fitness speed soon and he gives Spence a chance.

Jamie O'Hara has pleaded with Conte to give Spence a chance, might make all the difference.

We have a nailed on three points next weekend and I think City are at Liverpool who played some good stuff at Arsenal so this might be a good chance for us to cement our position at the top.

Must admit though, I wouldn't like to predict a winner.

Also Man U v Newcastle U.............very interesting match.

Edited by Chickasaw

Well now, Brighton without Potter?????????????? Lost last night which for me takes the gloss off of our win there now. They've vastly overachieved with Potter and so is this now the start of a more traditional Brighton? I think so. Makes a good win today doubly important now because I still cannot accurately gauge our form.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

Well now, Brighton without Potter?????????????? Lost last night which for me takes the gloss off of our win there now. They've vastly overachieved with Potter and so is this now the start of a more traditional Brighton? I think so. Makes a good win today doubly important now because I still cannot accurately gauge our form.

You are so miserable. 

• Haha 1

Match of the Day 2: Why is the atmosphere at Tottenham so negative?

Match of the Day 2: Why is the atmosphere at Tottenham so negative?Close

Match of the Day 2's Alan Shearer, Mark Chapman and Ashley Williams discuss whether all is as it should be at Tottenham after a 2-1 home defeat by Newcastle United.

Watch Match of the Day 2 on iPlayer.

I totally agree and I'm happy that some famous football names agree with me. Everything is set up rightly in place at Tottenham, all that is needed is the right brand of football. A good performance where we boss the match and away we will go.

Important week next week for Spurs. CL qualification depends on it and so I think a pivotal match in the PL against Liverpool. Beat Liverpool and our season opens up. Sadly y fingers are crossed instead of feeling totally confident. But, coming back for 2-0 down normally means a bout of good form comes so COYS.

Good stuff last night. The players with whom I was happy that we bought in the close season are now doing ok i.e. Lenglet last night. I was happy with Bissouma too but wasn't sure about Richarlison. I was told I was making zero sense but vindication I think. Just wish Spence could be played. We have proved that we can win without certain top players and a good January and I'm confident of good results.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Good stuff last night. The players with whom I was happy that we bought in the close season are now doing ok i.e. Lenglet last night. I was happy with Bissouma too but wasn't sure about Richarlison. I was told I was making zero sense but vindication I think. Just wish Spence could be played. We have proved that we can win without certain top players and a good January and I'm confident of good results.

Vindication on what? Richarlison didn't even play last night.

Let's be honest here, you didn't even give him a chance from the start, and he's not even done anything that badly this season so the moment he was ever going to do one or two things wrong, you'd be straight on it. I guess being injured didn't help his cause. But you wrote him off before he even kicked a ball. Only been a few months and you think you've proved yourself right.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Vindication on what? Richarlison didn't even play last night.

Let's be honest here, you didn't even give him a chance from the start, and he's not even done anything that badly this season so the moment he was ever going to do one or two things wrong, you'd be straight on it. I guess being injured didn't help his cause. But you wrote him off before he even kicked a ball. Only been a few months and you think you've proved yourself right.

I didn't exactly write him off if you look back at my posts, I just wasn't sure if he was the right fit for us but I also posted that I hope he does play well for us. The fact he wasn't playing last night has no bearing on what I'm saying here. I mentioned him in the same breath as "certain top players"  so I wasn't singling him out...............ok.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

I didn't exactly write him off if you look back at my posts, I just wasn't sure if he was the right fit for us but I also posted that I hope he does play well for us. The fact he wasn't playing last night has no bearing on what I'm saying here. I mentioned him in the same breath as "certain top players"  so I wasn't singling him out...............ok.

You've just said you weren't sure about Richarlison and you think you're vindicated by that thought.

• Subscriber

What on Earth is he talking about?! Vindication for what exactly. Since he got injured we’ve got worse. Got battered at United, lost at home to Newcastle. Struggling without his workrate and that outlet. It’s just absolute nonsense. Bissouma has been very poor to be honest, had high hopes but he’s yet to deliver. Lenglet is fine, I like him, but nothing spectacular. Spence cannot sniff the lineup despite us having the worst RWB known to man playing every week. @Stan

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

You've just said you weren't sure about Richarlison and you think you're vindicated by that thought.

No, not at all. This isn't about Rcharlison, it's about winning without certain top players and being happy with the players that we bought. I posted at the start that I was happy with the players that we bought but I wasn't sure about Rich. I was told I was making zero sense. Well the players we bought i.e Lenglet are doing alright. I also said after the Bournemouth match that coming back to win after being 0-2 down away from home normally means a bout of good form follows and we won last night with some good play in the second half. I'm more confident about the Liverpool match now.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

What on Earth is he talking about?! Vindication for what exactly. Since he got injured we’ve got worse. Got battered at United, lost at home to Newcastle. Struggling without his workrate and that outlet. It’s just absolute nonsense. Bissouma has been very poor to be honest, had high hopes but he’s yet to deliver. Lenglet is fine, I like him, but nothing spectacular. Spence cannot sniff the lineup despite us having the worst RWB known to man playing every week. @Stan

You said we'd have no chance of winning last night so what on earth were you talking about? Remind me never to listen to a prediction of yours again.

Edited by Chickasaw

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

No, not at all. This isn't about Rcharlison, it's about winning without certain top players and being happy with the players that we bought. I posted at the start that I was happy with the players that we bought but I wasn't sure about Rich. I was told I was making zero sense. Well the players we bought i.e Lenglet are doing alright. I also said after the Bournemouth match that coming back to win after being 0-2 down away from home normally means a bout of good form follows and we won last night with some good play in the second half. I'm more confident about the Liverpool match now.

So when it comes to Richarlison only, do you think you are vindicated when you said you were 'not sure about him'?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

You said we'd have no chance of winning last night so what on earth were you talking about? Remind me never to listen to a prediction of yours again.

Reverse jinx works every time. 

Nobody has asked you to listen to them. You just don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You also think Lucas Moura is a good player despite last night being one of the worst performances I’ve seen from any player ever, and that’s just standard for him. You have a weird vendetta against Richarlison, and I don’t really want to know the reasons why because I’m scared to hear them…but claiming vindication is absolutely bizarre.

Anyway, glad we won, first half performances are abysmal and doesn’t feel sustainable yet we keep going. Need to get through the next three games hopefully with 4 points minimum. And rest everyone in the league cup 

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

So when it comes to Richarlison only, do you think you are vindicated when you said you were 'not sure about him'?

No, that the others are doing ok. I posted that I wish Spence would be given a chance because I think he can do a good job for us.

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Reverse jinx works every time. 

Nobody has asked you to listen to them. You just don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You also think Lucas Moura is a good player despite last night being one of the worst performances I’ve seen from any player ever, and that’s just standard for him. You have a weird vendetta against Richarlison, and I don’t really want to know the reasons why because I’m scared to hear them…but claiming vindication is absolutely bizarre.

Anyway, glad we won, first half performances are abysmal and doesn’t feel sustainable yet we keep going. Need to get through the next three games hopefully with 4 points minimum. And rest everyone in the league cup 

If you take a look at an earlier post I clearly wrote that I think I may have missed something about Moura. Nobody has asked you to read my posts either but I've RARELY been wrong about how we'd fare this season. I didn't think we'd beat Leicester by 4 goals, that's been my only mistake but even then we were behind at home.

I've said that we'll do much better when we finally take the lead, break the trend of going behind.............let's see. No, I'm not talking nonsense, your prediction last night was nonsense.

Have you never noticed that a period of good form normally follows after a team comes back to win  3-2 after being 2-0 down Storts? Let's see what happens against Liverpool.

Ok Storts, let's see if we can agree on something. I posted that I'm getting concerned about the form of our forwards...............are you? Minimum 4 points against Pool, Leeds and Brentford ,where do you think we'll slip up mainly?

Edited by Chickasaw

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Have you never noticed that a period of good form normally follows after a team comes back to win  3-2 after being 2-0 down Storts?

Bournemouth were 2-0 down to Forest, and then came back to win 3-2.

They have only won one game out of 7 since then.

Weird, huh.