talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

But if I did I'm certain I could find times when what I've said is right. But again, thank you for the attention.

Because you're very stubborn, that's why.

Even when presented with facts, you choose to refute it to suit your own opinion.

I'll happily be proved wrong, but I'd love for you to find other recent examples of what you claim to be true. But I think you'll struggle.

Basically, you claimed something. It proved to be false. You've double-downed on it and now look like a bigger fool than before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Because you're very stubborn, that's why.

Even when presented with facts, you choose to refute it to suit your own opinion.

I'll happily be proved wrong, but I'd love for you to find other recent examples of what you claim to be true. But I think you'll struggle.

Basically, you claimed something. It proved to be false. You've double-downed on it and now look like a bigger fool than before.

You've provided some I'll agree but I refuse to admit I've ever looked a fool when I've been right so often on here. You're just too ignorant to see it.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

You've provided some I'll agree but I refuse to admit I've ever looked a fool when I've been right so often on here. You're just too ignorant to see it.

'right so often'. 

I suppose if you thrown enough shit at the fan, some of it will stick. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Sky Sports News machine is amping up the Raya to Spurs rumours. I'll be honest I don't expect that we'll keep Raya and going into this season it felt like this would be his last, for me he is easily in the top 3 keepers in the league. I think Allison and Ederson have shown at different times that they have world class, almost unmatched skillsets. Away from them I think Raya is head and shoulders above Martinez, Ramsdale and de Gea.

I will be honest and say I've not seen a lot of Brighton's keeper, so can't make an argument on whether or not I think he's better, equal or worse.

But still, with Raya's contract situation, his shot-stopping ability, calm in big matches and his distribution I think this Summer would be the perfect time for Spurs, Chelsea or Newcastle to make a move for him.

7 hours ago, Danny said:

The Sky Sports News machine is amping up the Raya to Spurs rumours. I'll be honest I don't expect that we'll keep Raya and going into this season it felt like this would be his last, for me he is easily in the top 3 keepers in the league. I think Allison and Ederson have shown at different times that they have world class, almost unmatched skillsets. Away from them I think Raya is head and shoulders above Martinez, Ramsdale and de Gea.

I will be honest and say I've not seen a lot of Brighton's keeper, so can't make an argument on whether or not I think he's better, equal or worse.

But still, with Raya's contract situation, his shot-stopping ability, calm in big matches and his distribution I think this Summer would be the perfect time for Spurs, Chelsea or Newcastle to make a move for him.

can't see us replacing pope anytime soon, 30 is young for keepers who normally peak 30-35

I am not sold on Tuchel but Conte is absolutely not working and I'm getting quite fed up of him trying to dodge blame for it.

Yes, the board have made mistakes, that much is obvious.

He is demanding full backing from the club long-term while not giving the same respect back - it's like you're getting married and you're being pressured to pay for the venue and the entire day and everything but your partner says they might still leave you. Getting the players he demands and the next manager being lumbered with "Conte players" wouldn't be good.

We spent more on Bissouma and Richarlison than Arsenal did on Jesus and Zinchenko and although Bissouma and Richarlison are good players, there isn't a single person who can say they are better signings at this moment in time. Arsenal, thanks to their business, are now doing what people thought would be impossible and breaking up the City/Liverpool monopoly. Bissouma, one of the best players in the league last season, looks like he's never seen a football pitch before. Conte has made him worse and he supposedly pushed for them.

We are so easy to work out and play against yet he will not change it. As soon as you stop us feeding the wingbacks, we are stopped. It should be a sign to change it but he doesn't unless we go 2-0 down and we have to so it's not a case of we can't play proactively or attacking, it's that we don't. All at the altar of his "hump aimless crosses into the box" and sit passively, hoping the opponent won't rip us apart too badly.

He has been out-thought, out-foxed and out-manouvered by every manager in the league this season. This is on him entirely and I'm getting quite sick of his attitude that he's far too good for this and none of it is his fault. We are doing it his way and his way doesn't work.

However, I think he and Mourinho maybe a side effect of trying to keep Kane. Levy wanted to pacify Kane by giving him "winners now" managers without regard for if those managers are still at their best or whether they fit the club. The closest we've come to major trophies was with a "project" manager (Poch) so we need to go back to that. We ballsed up the chance to do it before the disasterous Nuno appointment.

Should that mean Kane wants to go this summer, or next, then maybe it's time. An amazing player but getting into his thirties and if he really wants out, maybe we should do it.

23 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I am not sold on Tuchel but Conte is absolutely not working and I'm getting quite fed up of him trying to dodge blame for it.

Yes, the board have made mistakes, that much is obvious.

He is demanding full backing from the club long-term while not giving the same respect back - it's like you're getting married and you're being pressured to pay for the venue and the entire day and everything but your partner says they might still leave you. Getting the players he demands and the next manager being lumbered with "Conte players" wouldn't be good.

We spent more on Bissouma and Richarlison than Arsenal did on Jesus and Zinchenko and although Bissouma and Richarlison are good players, there isn't a single person who can say they are better signings at this moment in time. Arsenal, thanks to their business, are now doing what people thought would be impossible and breaking up the City/Liverpool monopoly. Bissouma, one of the best players in the league last season, looks like he's never seen a football pitch before. Conte has made him worse and he supposedly pushed for them.

We are so easy to work out and play against yet he will not change it. As soon as you stop us feeding the wingbacks, we are stopped. It should be a sign to change it but he doesn't unless we go 2-0 down and we have to so it's not a case of we can't play proactively or attacking, it's that we don't. All at the altar of his "hump aimless crosses into the box" and sit passively, hoping the opponent won't rip us apart too badly.

He has been out-thought, out-foxed and out-manouvered by every manager in the league this season. This is on him entirely and I'm getting quite sick of his attitude that he's far too good for this and none of it is his fault. We are doing it his way and his way doesn't work.

However, I think he and Mourinho maybe a side effect of trying to keep Kane. Levy wanted to pacify Kane by giving him "winners now" managers without regard for if those managers are still at their best or whether they fit the club. The closest we've come to major trophies was with a "project" manager (Poch) so we need to go back to that. We ballsed up the chance to do it before the disasterous Nuno appointment.

Should that mean Kane wants to go this summer, or next, then maybe it's time. An amazing player but getting into his thirties and if he really wants out, maybe we should do it.

I've been very critical of Conte lately and I don't think he's helping himself at all the way he's setting out your team in a system that leaves you vulnerable at the moment. I do find his constant moaning absolutely boring and extremely negative that is must impact the team. Dare I say, he actually sounds a bit defeated?

But equally, I think your board aren't helping this situation at all and now you have this stand off. It's basically a catch 22 situation where as much as he wants to strengthen the team, the board (or Levy) are refusing to back him given the contract situation. I think they don't trust that he's gonna stay past the Summer and are reluctant to get the chequebook out.

The board holds the power. They should have addressed this contract situation sooner so that come January, they could attack this window. If they don't have confidence in this contract being signed, personally I see no reason why they should hold on to Conte. It's silly to just play out the remainder of the season and is detrimental to the team.

There is part of me that thinks, "Hang on, you got Djed Spence in the Summer and you don't play him, it's your own fault" or "You signed Lenglet and Perisic and unfortunately, they haven't excelled, it's your own fault" as far as Conte is concerned.

But equally, to get to where you ultimately want to be, its the £40/£50m pound players that take you to that level now. Conte has an elitist mentality, he is a winner, we can knock him and criticise him all we want but he's won honours and he knows what it takes to get to that level. But clearly he's struggling to make the board see this and become almost disillusioned with the situation it looks.

It looks to me now like Spurs are going to play out the seasin and see what happens in the Summer now which basically means it's up to Conte to work with what he has, achieve what he can and then sort out where they go from here after that.

It's not how a top level club should be operating really, there should be a clear plan but that's the situation you are in.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Rumours floating round that Conte will leave Spurs at the end of the season. Wonder if it ties in with Paratici being suspended for 2.5yrs, but also because it doesn't seem to be quite working out at Spurs anyway.

Let's hope they go for Rodgers xDxD