Our season has fallen apart in a week.

Bentancur ACL is devastating. Out for the rest of the year 
Bissouma broken ankle out for months 

Lloris knee ligaments out for two months

Even Sessegnon out for 6 weeks.

I hate this club 

Edited by Storts

On 17/12/2022 at 14:08, Storts said:

So @Chickasawwill be delighted, Richarlison out injured for 5-6 weeks 😭 with him, Bentancur, Davies coming back injured , not been a successful World Cup 

No, I wasn't delighted Storts, why would I be? I had doubts about his signature but I still wanted him to do well for my club and contribute goals. You completely misread what I posted didn't you? Happy with his performance against West Ham were you?

Edited by Chickasaw

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Fabio Paratici resigns as Tottenham managing director following ban from football

Fabio Paratici has resigned as Tottenham Hotspur's managing director of football with immediate effect.

The move follows the 50-year-old losing his appeal against a 30-month ban, which was extended "to have worldwide effect" by Fifa, from Italian football.......

• Subscriber

Stellini Sacked - Spurs

Interim manager Cristian Stellini has been sacked by Tottenham Hotspur after less than a month in charge.

Stellini, 48, was appointed at the end of March after former boss Antonio Conte left the club after 16 months.

The defeat is a significant blow to Spurs' hopes of securing Champions League qualification.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65365163

• Administrator

Becoming a bit of a circus at Spurs.

Never heard of an interim coach being fired/sacked.

Wonder how much was said in the dressing room or behind closed doors during/after yesterday's debacle. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Becoming a bit of a circus at Spurs.

Never heard of an interim coach being fired/sacked.

Wonder how much was said in the dressing room or behind closed doors during/after yesterday's debacle. 

Especially for them to give it to Ryan Mason, who gets another bite of the cherry despite being useless last time he was interim. 

It's absolutely mental how badly the wheels have fallen off at Spurs. It's also mental how Levy's reputation went from being one of the most savvy in the sport in terms of building a team on a budget, to this haphazard approach he's had since hiring Mourinho... and sacking him on the eve of a cup final (and why else do you bring Mourinho into a club if not to challenge for cups when you don't have a title winning squad...)

As @Spike let us know before Conte was appointed, when Conte leaves a club it's always a bit of a mess... and his prediction came very true. But it's astounding the way this mess has unfolded. I wouldn't blame any Spurs fans for having absolutely no faith in Levy now that they've basically got to rebuild massively.

And to rub salt in the wound, it looks like Chelsea are going to get Poch while Spurs look to be starting their manager search again, from scratch.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's absolutely mental how badly the wheels have fallen off at Spurs. It's also mental how Levy's reputation went from being one of the most savvy in the sport in terms of building a team on a budget, to this haphazard approach he's had since hiring Mourinho... and sacking him on the eve of a cup final (and why else do you bring Mourinho into a club if not to challenge for cups when you don't have a title winning squad...)

As @Spike let us know before Conte was appointed, when Conte leaves a club it's always a bit of a mess... and his prediction came very true. But it's astounding the way this mess has unfolded. I wouldn't blame any Spurs fans for having absolutely no faith in Levy now that they've basically got to rebuild massively.

And to rub salt in the wound, it looks like Chelsea are going to get Poch while Spurs look to be starting their manager search again, from scratch.

Conte makes good teams great, he isn’t a ‘project’ manager.  He turns a championship calibre team into champions, Spurs just will never have that when they are competing with the now six other English teams that can outspend them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Conte makes good teams great, he isn’t a ‘project’ manager.  He turns a championship calibre team into champions, Spurs just will never have that when they are competing with the now six other English teams that can outspend them.

Kind of same as Mourinho tbh. Mourinho's heights I think are higher - but he's been most successful at teams that are already very good and just need that final push to go through and win titles/CLs. And tbh one thing I think he's got Conte beat at, even if modern football has evolved to where his tactics are less effective, is he's a much better cup manager (and I will never understand why Levy sacked him on the eve of a cup final tbh, not like Spurs have a packed trophy cabinet).

I think both of those appointments were made a bit too early for where Spurs were at, especially because wanting to seriously compete with Man City basically means the standards at the club have to be so high that they're nearly perfect and the last time I remember them as serious title contenders was the season Leicester won it... and realistically, the gauntlet that Pep has thrown down over his time at City means that the standards are generally much higher if you seriously want to win the title.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kind of same as Mourinho tbh. Mourinho's heights I think are higher - but he's been most successful at teams that are already very good and just need that final push to go through and win titles/CLs. And tbh one thing I think he's got Conte beat at, even if modern football has evolved to where his tactics are less effective, is he's a much better cup manager (and I will never understand why Levy sacked him on the eve of a cup final tbh, not like Spurs have a packed trophy cabinet).

I think both of those appointments were made a bit too early for where Spurs were at, especially because wanting to seriously compete with Man City basically means the standards at the club have to be so high that they're nearly perfect and the last time I remember them as serious title contenders was the season Leicester won it... and realistically, the gauntlet that Pep has thrown down over his time at City means that the standards are generally much higher if you seriously want to win the title.

Why did they even sack Poch?

Man City and the sheiks are incredibly patient, they know every setback is inconsequential with  a visionary and coach like Guardiola, I do believe he is that talented. They will be the head and shoulders elite club in the world, not just because of the money but because they played the long game, they installed people in the club for a long term vision, and that os what clubs like Spurs and Chelsea are failing at. Liverpool have stability, Arsenal have stability and they are all the better for it. 

You see it in other sectors too, Arab investors just play the long game and delegate control to people with more talent in the field.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why did they even sack Poch?

Man City and the sheiks are incredibly patient, they know every setback is inconsequential with  a visionary and coach like Guardiola, I do believe he is that talented. They will be the head and shoulders elite club in the world, not just because of the money but because they played the long game, they installed people in the club for a long term vision, and that os what clubs like Spurs and Chelsea are failing at. Liverpool have stability, Arsenal have stability and they are all the better for it. 

You see it in other sectors too, Arab investors just play the long game and delegate control to people with more talent in the field.

They didn't back Poch when he asked for more transfers to refresh his squad, then when his squad looked tired and out of ideas... they blamed him for the squad not being fresh and sacked him. At least that's how it looked from the outside, I'm sure @Storts can give us the best explanation of what happened out of all of us on here.

Idk if patience is necessarily an Arabian virtue, considering how PSG have tried operating (and coincidentally... the one place I can think of in recent years where Poch's times at a club didn't increase my estimation of him - although tbf at PSG I'm not sure how much of a say he had in transfers).

Blows my mind with Spurs though - under Poch they seemed to have stability and were building up for a better future. Then they had their excellent European cup run but sort of massively lost steam in the league. And after they lost that final, they seemed mentally and physically spent. A bit like we seem this season, imo. The thing is despite how bad I think this season has been in terms of Liverpool not living up to expectations... I would never in a million years say "alright sack Klopp for this rubbish season" - and perhaps it's easier for Liverpool fans because Klopp's won us stuff.

But Poch was building something good at Spurs, it felt weird how Spurs sacked him after he basically had proven himself right to Levy & co imo. And in hindsight, it would have been a lot cheaper to back Poch and refresh the squad a bit than putting Mourinho & Conte on massive contracts only to sack them. And that's even without considering the bizarre Nuno appointment. It's got to be maddeningly frustrating for Spurs fans tbh.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They didn't back Poch when he asked for more transfers to refresh his squad, then when his squad looked tired and out of ideas... they blamed him for the squad not being fresh and sacked him. At least that's how it looked from the outside, I'm sure @Storts can give us the best explanation of what happened out of all of us on here.

Idk if patience is necessarily an Arabian virtue, considering how PSG have tried operating (and coincidentally... the one place I can think of in recent years where Poch's times at a club didn't increase my estimation of him - although tbf at PSG I'm not sure how much of a say he had in transfers).

Blows my mind with Spurs though - under Poch they seemed to have stability and were building up for a better future. Then they had their excellent European cup run but sort of massively lost steam in the league. And after they lost that final, they seemed mentally and physically spent. A bit like we seem this season, imo. The thing is despite how bad I think this season has been in terms of Liverpool not living up to expectations... I would never in a million years say "alright sack Klopp for this rubbish season" - and perhaps it's easier for Liverpool fans because Klopp's won us stuff.

But Poch was building something good at Spurs, it felt weird how Spurs sacked him after he basically had proven himself right to Levy & co imo. And in hindsight, it would have been a lot cheaper to back Poch and refresh the squad a bit than putting Mourinho & Conte on massive contracts only to sack them. And that's even without considering the bizarre Nuno appointment. It's got to be maddeningly frustrating for Spurs fans tbh.

PSG is different because they ascended to the mountain pretty quickly and they don't really need stability to win Ligue 1. They need to and want to in the CL.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

These are my thoughts from January and honestly they’re not too dissimilar now. I’ll do a proper post when I’m on my laptop but my thoughts on the problems we are having are linked.

It’s an absolute circus right now. Levy has completely lost the fans. We’ve had vanity project managers that are past their best and that have to take partial blame for the failures. Dreadful football, a complete lack of coaching for the squad. In contes case he completely alienated the whole team with his style of management. I’ll go in to more details later but by the end there wasn’t a single player sad to see him go.

Unfortunately those players cannot be let off the hook either. Same old players manager after manager that constantly fail. Squad players like Dier and Davies under Poch now playing every week. Lloris well past his sell by date. Plodders like Hojbjerg in the middle. We have some great attacking talent still and it’s not utilised. Son coming off a golden boot told to drop twenty yards deeper and get the ball in non dangerous areas to accommodate old man perisic. 

The next appointment is massive. These players need coaching, they need patterns of play, and attacking emphasis. Plus we have to have an overhaul. The old guard need to go. Time to go back to what made us successful, young, hungry footballers that want to take instruction and learn, and don’t have the history of failure tied to them. We need to change the mentality 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Storts said:

These are my thoughts from January and honestly they’re not too dissimilar now. I’ll do a proper post when I’m on my laptop but my thoughts on the problems we are having are linked.

It’s an absolute circus right now. Levy has completely lost the fans. We’ve had vanity project managers that are past their best and that have to take partial blame for the failures. Dreadful football, a complete lack of coaching for the squad. In contes case he completely alienated the whole team with his style of management. I’ll go in to more details later but by the end there wasn’t a single player sad to see him go.

Unfortunately those players cannot be let off the hook either. Same old players manager after manager that constantly fail. Squad players like Dier and Davies under Poch now playing every week. Lloris well past his sell by date. Plodders like Hojbjerg in the middle. We have some great attacking talent still and it’s not utilised. Son coming off a golden boot told to drop twenty yards deeper and get the ball in non dangerous areas to accommodate old man perisic. 

The next appointment is massive. These players need coaching, they need patterns of play, and attacking emphasis. Plus we have to have an overhaul. The old guard need to go. Time to go back to what made us successful, young, hungry footballers that want to take instruction and learn, and don’t have the history of failure tied to them. We need to change the mentality 

Who do you want as the next manager? Kompany is the favourite it seems.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Who do you want as the next manager? Kompany is the favourite it seems.

Kompany not actually on the shortlist as far as I’m aware.

Nagelsmann seems to be the one they’re trying for 

If it’s not him I think it will be Arne Slot. The Feyenoord gaffer.

i just want someone that plays good football, values coaching  and integrates young players