talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

On 18/08/2017 at 11:03 PM, The Liquidator said:

Wow, I followed Ajax in the Europa & Dutch league last season and their defence was laughable.

As Paul Merson said last night on hearing this news, "Wow, there was LOTS of clubs in for him"

Good luck to him as he is a young man, it will be interesting if Spurs, his only suitor, are right?

Not laughable but inexperienced  

4 hours ago, VanPanna said:

Not laughable but inexperienced  

Well from a neutral point of view, which I am in this case,  Sanchez, who went to ground far too often in his defending as well as consistent ball watcher and the rest of the Ajax defence who almost every game I saw them last season, had a keystone cop moment, including the 2 semi Europa games n final against United, which, as I said, was laughable to the neutral.

However, if you are a fan of the club, inexperienced is a far better word to describe them. 

Either way, Any of the young defenders taken from last seasons Ajax would be a work in progress and I would guess, if Spurs are trying to make the leap from middle of the table club to top level, Sanchez should be sent on loan for a couple of seasons as I feel he is at least that long from being anything near the finished article.

37 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

They have one who can do both sitting on the bench, Vorm is very good at both

That's why I don't understand the point of the signing unless he's just gonna sit on the bench???? Vorm or Hugo need to go now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Just listening to Totally Football show podcast and they touched on Spurs and Kane's impressive form against London sides (19 goals in 28 games) which is stupidly good.

They also mentioned Tottenham's October, which is challenging to say the least...

Real Madrid away
Liverpool home
West Ham home
Man Utd away
Real Madrid home (nov)

Won't say it'll make or break their season but certainly a very tough run of games!

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just listening to Totally Football show podcast and they touched on Spurs and Kane's impressive form against London sides (19 goals in 28 games) which is stupidly good.

They also mentioned Tottenham's October, which is challenging to say the least...

Real Madrid away
Liverpool home
West Ham home
Man Utd away
Real Madrid home (nov)

Won't say it'll make or break their season but certainly a very tough run of games!

Spurs start slowly don't they? Or at least Kane does. I reckon they'll be alright

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Spurs start slowly don't they? Or at least Kane does. I reckon they'll be alright

i think they'll get 6 points across all those 5 games. (beat Liverpool and West Ham, lose the others)