talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

On 27/05/2022 at 09:40, Chickasaw said:

Conte to stay..............good news. Merson thinks we won't get out of the group stages.............let's see.

How can anyone say that without seeing what the group draw is first? xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Does a team which finished 4th to gain entry in the CL really need so many new signings?

If they're the right kind of signing that improves the squad, then yes. 

Teddy Sheringham does not think Tottenham Hotspur need Everton forward Richarlison amid reports linking him with a £51m transfer.

It is being reported that Spurs are in ‘advanced talks’ to sign the Brazil international for a fee in the region of £51m.

The attacker has been a key player for Everton over the past four seasons. He has netted 53 goals in 152 appearances across all competitions.

The ludicrous 2022/23 schedule could make it the season of the Happy Squad Player

Richarlison helped them stay in the Premier League in 2021/22. He was involved in eight goals in his last ten league appearances.

Spurs have already signed Ivan Perisic and Fraser Forster and they also look set to bring in Djed Spence and Yves Bissouma.

Sheringham does not think Richarlison is a “statement signing” for Tottenham:

“I don’t think he’s what is needed now,” Sheringham told Lord Ping (via The Express).

“Tottenham have got good attacking players; [Harry] Kane, [Heung-min] Son, [Dejan] Kulusevski, [Steven] Bergwijn is still there, [Lucas] Moura is still there. We’ve got players in the Richarlison mould and I don’t think he would be a statement signing that would get teams worried.

“If they were to sign him, what would the result be? In my day, when we signed [Jurgen] Klinsmann, a proper World Class player, everyone in the dressing room was buzzing.

“We knew what we were going to get from him. You need players that are going to take you to the next level and I don’t think Richarlison is one of them.”  I did not take this as my incentive for my uncertainty Storts as I think I said it at the same time roughly. As I said, only time will tell.

• Administrator

Bergiwjn and Lucas are not as good as Richarlison so I'd say Spurs signing him us a shrewd one. They're not in the Richarlison mould in the sense of how influential he can be and his work off the ball for instance. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Bergiwjn and Lucas are not as good as Richarlison so I'd say Spurs signing him us a shrewd one. They're not in the Richarlison mould in the sense of how influential he can be and his work off the ball for instance. 

Berg's underrated in my opinion and I'm sad to see him go but if you say Richarlison is better then that's good enough for me.

1 hour ago, Chickasaw said:

Berg's underrated in my opinion and I'm sad to see him go but if you say Richarlison is better then that's good enough for me.

Richarlison was one of the few players Everton fans could count on to do something in matches for them that was positive. He's a good player and he's got a win-at-all costs mentality, which makes him an absolute twat to play against, but he's got the mentality to fight for his club. And he's performed pretty regularly for Brazil too.

It's a big loss for Everton, but it's a huge signing for Spurs I think. He's a player that can come in for your two best players... and he can also play alongside them. So now you've got 4 very good players to compete for spots in that front 3 you have - I think that can only be a good thing for you.

I don't really think you have anything to worry about. Terry Sheringham's thinking about things I think with a bit too much of an old school mentality - especially with this condensed season for the World Cup after an already pretty rigorous season with its own weird scheduling issues - you need depth to really contend. Now you've got exceptional attacking depth.

Also it's all well and good having him remince about how Spurs did things in the old days that he maybe considers the golden years. But how many trophies did Spurs win then? I'm pretty sure the only thing he won at Spurs was player of the year - it seems a bit weird to tell someone like Conte, someone who's figured out how to win leagues many times, that he's doing it wrong and he should look to a period of time where Spurs won nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Some of their touches and link-up play was excellent, and the way they combined for the second Spurs goal was superb.

"Interestingly though, when Richarlison was on the pitch with them briefly, you could tell he was struggling a little to work out how he should fit in, and where to find space."

I hope this changes.

16 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

"Some of their touches and link-up play was excellent, and the way they combined for the second Spurs goal was superb.

"Interestingly though, when Richarlison was on the pitch with them briefly, you could tell he was struggling a little to work out how he should fit in, and where to find space."

I hope this changes.

I am sure Richarlison will adapt and come good. He's a real quality player and I am sure that he will thrive at Tottenham. Spurs are on an upwards trajectory in terms of how they are improving as a squad. I expect them to have another impressive season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael said:

I am sure Richarlison will adapt and come good. He's a real quality player and I am sure that he will thrive at Tottenham. Spurs are on an upwards trajectory in terms of how they are improving as a squad. I expect them to have another impressive season.

I hope you're right on both fronts. Spurs have an elite coach so top 2 or 3 for me. Of course I hope number 1.

• Upvote 1

17 Jun 2022  TOTTENHAM will reportedly offer £77million for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez. Inter are looking to balance the books by shipping up ...

Hope this happens, it's the marquee signing we need possibly also with Bastoni.

8 hours ago, Chickasaw said:
17 Jun 2022  TOTTENHAM will reportedly offer £77million for Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez. Inter are looking to balance the books by shipping up ...

Hope this happens, it's the marquee signing we need possibly also with Bastoni.

Do you think you'll get Bastoni? His recent quotes in the Italian press seem to indicate his number one priority is staying at Inter & that Milan is his favourite place in the world.

I know Inter are sort of in a position where they need sell players for their financial situation... but I'm not sure it'd be easy for them to move on a player that seems so determined to stay. I think Spurs would have to offer him a ridiculous salary in order to get him.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you think you'll get Bastoni? His recent quotes in the Italian press seem to indicate his number one priority is staying at Inter & that Milan is his favourite place in the world.

I know Inter are sort of in a position where they need sell players for their financial situation... but I'm not sure it'd be easy for them to move on a player that seems so determined to stay. I think Spurs would have to offer him a ridiculous salary in order to get him.

No, he’s not leaving this summer. And why would we bid for Martinez when we’ve signed Richarlison. A load of nonsense as per 

• Upvote 1