talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham Hotspur Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you think you'll get Bastoni? His recent quotes in the Italian press seem to indicate his number one priority is staying at Inter & that Milan is his favourite place in the world.

I know Inter are sort of in a position where they need sell players for their financial situation... but I'm not sure it'd be easy for them to move on a player that seems so determined to stay. I think Spurs would have to offer him a ridiculous salary in order to get him.

I read that it's still possible. It's difficult to know what to believe when it comes to football as there are so many contradictions. Players staying but leave etc. If not this summer then maybe next. I'll repeat, I still feel we need one more marquee signing.

Kane's muscled up and the majority of Spurs players are now six footers and over. Should be an interesting style of play. I think we can all see what Antonio has in mind. I'm looking forward to this season. We have a fairly easy run after the Chelsea match. If Spurs beat Chelsea methinks a good run of results will come.

2 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Jamie Carragher believes only one new Tottenham signing is good enough to start

TOTTENHAM FC  I don't totally agree with this. He says only Bissouma............thoughts?

Not really an issue is it,  the point is Conte has added squad depth at Spurs which will make them more competitive. 

There main issue in the past has been dealing with periods of injuries and loss of form. The second string were poor. 

• Like 2

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Devil said:

Not really an issue is it,  the point is Conte has added squad depth at Spurs which will make them more competitive. 

There main issue in the past has been dealing with periods of injuries and loss of form. The second string were poor. 

Exactly this. It's been all about improving the depth with players of equal standard he can use.

Onto Wolves and you have to take an on form Spurs to beat Wolves but, are we on form? Richarlison offside yesterday and the ball went in off James. It looked like Kane's header was missing so, are we on form? We've had help fro

m a Southampton player and a Chelsea player to score 2 of our 6 goals and a very marginal decision if Rich was interfering with play.

Now, I'll accept the points we have but I much prefer good form, open play and conforming to the rules goals. I prefer to win by our own efforts, our own tactics and I still feel we have a little way to go before we're there. Even without the own goal 3-1 would have been a good score but, we were lucky yesterday and good form lasts longer than good luck. So COYS, play properly and score your own goals and get a good run of form going starting next match.

Edited by Chickasaw

The team was weird against Chelsea in the first half.

He said, even after signing Kulusevski and Bentancour that Chelsea were miles ahead of us and we couldn't compete yet despite being backed, he played the same team he basically threw under the bus last season.

However, great manager that he is, we've been on a brilliant run and he fixed the problem. We never had control of the match and need to work on that but we landed some punches on them and got back in it. We've lost twice in the last 16 league games which is good form by anyone's standards.

He wanted backing. He's got it. Now, he needs to trust the players he's signed.

9 hours ago, Tar-Mairon said:

The team was weird against Chelsea in the first half.

He said, even after signing Kulusevski and Bentancour that Chelsea were miles ahead of us and we couldn't compete yet despite being backed, he played the same team he basically threw under the bus last season.

However, great manager that he is, we've been on a brilliant run and he fixed the problem. We never had control of the match and need to work on that but we landed some punches on them and got back in it. We've lost twice in the last 16 league games which is good form by anyone's standards.

He wanted backing. He's got it. Now, he needs to trust the players he's signed.

What worries me is the manner of the two goals against Chelsea. I hope it's put right against Wolves. Chelsea were fairly dire against Everton and we were lively against Southampton. The reason why it all turned around just concerns me a little.

I've always said that you cannot judge too deeply on the first match of the season so I think the next match is pivotal already. Son's form is concerning me a little too, he was dispossessed to easily and just seemed off his game. 

We have one of Europe's elite coaches and I'm certain he'll put things right.

I think he'd play more for us than he would play for Chelsea so for him, it would be a better move (if he wants to leave Everton) but this would be very much a buying potential signing. 

Preferably, Gil would go on loan to a Premier League club as the issue is his physicality and not his ability but as much as I want him to only go on loan, come back and work, he was just symptomatic of our scattergun recruitment until this January past.

• Upvote 1

A LOT of names are being suggested for Tottenham before the end of the window. Maddison, Gordon, Terrier, Paqueta and a Ukrainian international midfielder Ruslan something. Must admit I wish that all the speculation would end and we'd buy someone.

Ziyech's another. I'm confused about homegrown and non homegrown. I've read Dier is considered non homegrown because he spent his formative years in Portugal. Also I've read that the rules for said players are different in the PL than the CL. Too complicated.